Publisher Marvelous' 2D Wonder; Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, is to be released outside of Japan, currently confirmed for the US by Nintendo Power.
The game, which will be renamed to Muramasa: The Demon Blade, is being developed by Vanillaware exclusively for the Wii, and is being touted as a spiritual successor to the PS2 game Odin Sphere.
In their latest issue, US magazine Nintendo Power confirmed that the title would be making the trip overseas, as well as other nuggets of information;
- 2009 release
- takes place in a fantasy version of the Genroku era (golden age of Japanese art)
- Demon Blades possess incredible power and a curse that drives the wielder to homicidal madness
- Male and female playable protagonists,
- Use remote to emulate swinging sword and throwing shuriken - There are reportedly two choices for control method.
- levels involve more vertical progression than OS
- visuals put Odin Sphere to shame (NP saw brand new footage)
The following trailer is roughly a year old, but is still representative of the current product;
There isn't yet any confirmation of a European release, but since Odin Sphere made it over here, this game has a respectable chance. Be sure to check out screens of the title in the gallery below.