Destroy Man Takes on No More Heroes 2

By Jorge Ba-oh 20.03.2009 17

Destroy Man Takes on No More Heroes 2 on Nintendo gaming news, videos and discussion

Voice Actor Josh Keaton has let slip that he'll be reprising his role as Destory Man in the sequel to No More Heroes.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle is the follow up to Suda51/Grasshopper's unique Wii action game, penned for a release sometime in 2010. As well as protagonist Travis Touchdown, it looks as if characters from the original will also return.

I finished doing a Destroy Man part on a game called No More Heroes, which was popular. He's kind of an unapologetic jerk of a character, and he makes a return in what I'm assuming is a second installment of that game, so I just finished that. - Josh Keaton

Thanks to GoNintendo.

Box art for No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Developer

Grasshopper Manufacture

Publisher

Rising Star

Genre

Brawler

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (5 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now

Comments

Smilie turn your back for a sec lol

Great news. Smilie

I loved Destroy Man in the original, he was my favourite character. Nice to see him return.

laser crotch ahoy!

Oops! Hopefully Suda isn't mad! Smilie

YES HE'S BACK!!!!

Isn't Desperate Struggle set to be a prequel? That would make more sense...unless all bets are off for the sequel and anyone who 'died', actually didn't?! Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

This series is a fourth wall breaker through and through but I am sure it works reasonably well for continuity.

jesusraz said:

I had know idea that this was supposed to be a prequelSmilie It would make sense with Destroy Man returning, then again I thought he was a Cyborg or something in the 1st game(hints in the nipple machine gunsSmilie). He was one of my favorite villains/opponents anyway; not to mention one of the three ranking matches that actually gave me problems. The other two were the rank 2 chick(forgot her nameSmilie ) and Travis' sister. I did of course have trouble with Travis' brother, but he was fighting for the hell of it. If those last two sentences are spoilers to anyone, they should be ashamed of not playing No More Heroes yetSmilie

jesusraz said:
Isn\'t Desperate Struggle set to be a prequel? That would make more sense...unless all bets are off for the sequel and anyone who \'died\', actually didn\'t?! Smilie

Desperate Struggle was announced on October 8, 2008, where a teaser trailer for the game was shown at the Tokyo Game Show in Chiba, Japan. This trailer provides little insight to the premise of the game, other than that the player will once again take control of Travis Touchdown, the protagonist from the first game. Following No More Heroes\' suit of pitting Travis against unique adversaries, the trailer sees Travis preparing to battle a woman fitted with a six-limbed jet pack. It has been stated that this time around, Travis is fighting for revenge, and that he has also become more serious about fighting than he was in the first title.[3] Also, similar to the first game\'s numerous references to popular culture, in the trailer Travis says the Terminator series\' catch phrase \"I\'ll be back!\" before initiating a sequence with music similar to that of the Terminator series\' scores.

Taken from Wikipedia

Anyway, great news, I hope Destroyman actually has some new moves, or maybe there\'ll be multiplayer with destroyman as one of the selectable characters.

( Edited 20.03.2009 14:29 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

So Stulaw it's clear that this is a sequel and not a prequel? I still think Destroy Man is a cyborgSmilie

Cool.

How can he come back? He was cut in half, and then dissolved.

edracon said:
How can he come back? He was cut in half, and then dissolved.

How many characters have you killed in gaming history only for them to come back in the sequel? I'm sure there will be an explantion....though in the case of no more heroes, explaniation is what it lacks and borders on total mindfuck of a story line! still brilliant though.
For anyone who hasn't seen his sisters speech properly:

(just incase you haven't seen the fast forward slowed down)

Echoes221 said:
edracon said:
How can he come back? He was cut in half, and then dissolved.

For anyone who hasn't seen his sisters speech properly:

(just incase you haven't seen the fast forward slowed down)

I've seen that video after I beat NMH, I was curious if anything was actually said.

I'm sure it's a sequel. The Beam Katana he uses in the commercial is an obvious give away to this. And he didn't have one until he won it online. Destroyman is probably a robot.

The friend that was killed I think is the guy from the Video store who also brought Travis's bike to him... Then again to a certain extent I'm hoping to car jack vehicles.

I sold my soul to Sony for a PS3...

Being that this game basically broke the forth wall any chance it got ("you don't want this to be No More Heroes forever do you?"). I'm sure anything is possible.

JustJoe said:

With no more heroes, anything is possible, there is basically no story untill the end of it and even that shakes everything up and makes you shout WTF at the screen. The game needs to stick to it's roots and just be about fun, maybe a few other beam weapons. It would also be nice to have the option to have blood on/off because either way it would look brilliant, Madworld has left alot of possibilities for this games on the violence level.

Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.