Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii Comes with Bonus DVD

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii Comes with Bonus DVD on Nintendo gaming news, videos and discussion

Nintendo has confirmed that Super Mario Galaxy 2 will come with a nifty bonus DVD to help players get to grips with Mario's sublime skills.

The DVD, which funilly enough won't be able to natively run on the Wii itself, contains a quick guide for beginners unfamiliar with the plumber's planet hopping antics, how to use the Wii Remote and nunchuck together, starbits and navigating between worlds etc.

Image for Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii Comes with Bonus DVD

Latest Screenshots

Read and post comments

Share this article Share this article

30.04.2010 23:00

61379

Box art for Super Mario Galaxy 2
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

3D Platformer

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (1042 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now

Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 on AmazonBuy Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Shop To Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 on GameBuy Super Mario Galaxy 2 on TescoBuy Super Mario Galaxy 2 on The Hut

Reader comments - add yours today Comments on this Article

Must contain more than that. They can put all that stuff into an in game tutorial like they did in the first one.

( Edited 22.10.2012 09:31 by Guest )

-Have you any idea what it's like to be a Fembot living in a Manbot's Manputer's world?
-What?
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Yeah, was gonna say, they can't just put that onto the game disc itself? Odd one from Nintendo, but yeah, it must have more things on the DVD than just that.

( Edited 22.10.2012 09:31 by Guest )

Cubed3 Staff :: Senior Editor
Follow me on: Twitter | YouTube | Backloggery

How pointless/patronising/'new age'...or whatever. Sodding Wii.

( Edited 22.10.2012 09:31 by Guest )

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

And won't run natively on the Wii?
That's a joke, I bought an Anime tie in "Dragon Drive" for the GameCube and that came with a mini DVD that ran on the GameCube! Why can't they get a disk to run on the wii?....

( Edited 22.10.2012 09:31 by Guest )

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Wow! This sounds awful! Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

In the future we'll probably be saying to children, "In my day, we just worked out how to play games ourself."

( Edited 30.04.2010 19:28 by Marzy )

Wait.... your meant to play this DVD on the Wii or its a disc that can be played on the Wii? As far as I know you cant play DVD's on the Wii... Smilie

Now that would be a BIG fail.

Irfy said:

Now that would be a BIG fail.

I can play DVD's on my WiiSmilie

.Bart. said:
Another one for my coaster collection! Smilie

Couldn't have said it better myself!

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

SuperLink said:
Wow! This sounds awful! Smilie

By the sounds of it, you are happy that this sounds like fail......

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

SuperShyGuy62 said:
By the sounds of it, you are happy that this sounds like fail......

Naw, more like an unrealistically cheerful way of delivering cold harsh truths.

Like so:

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Here's the cover... It's simply a collection of all the Cosmic Guide videos from what I gather. It is meant for kids.

Image for

( Edited 01.05.2010 05:25 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744
Staff Member

Hi readers, I'm going to complain about a free, completely optional addition to what will be one of the best games ever made.

Oh wait, no I won't.

Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Phoenixus said:

Oh wait, no I won't.

Geez you're such a buzz kill.

This is stupid because it doesn't even run on the console the game is for, potentially confusing the "kids" who want to use it.

Also it's killing the environment by being pointless because it doesn't contain anything not already on the game either.

It wasn't even complaints, just a bit of fun. Smilie

( Edited 01.05.2010 11:03 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery
Disgrunted IDIOT (guest) 01.05.2010 18:43#15

I bet 99% of kids will try it in their Wii and obv it won't work. How stupid Nintendo - your console is supposed to be the centre of the living room yet it cannot watch films or listen to music, something that's been readily available in other consoles for almost a decade. Appauling really.

So you have to connect up a DVD player just to watch this piece of crap? LAME + 10.

Is the US version coming with the DVD? I probably won't use it much, but it is nice to have extras.

Phoenixus said:

Oh wait, no I won't.

Now, would anybody like to hear an interesting story about a bridge?

(That's a Family Guy quote before anybody gives me a weird look)

Why can't this be included in the manual?
I'd hope this DVD would contain maybe commentaries, or a selection of music tracks, just to make its existence slightly worthwhile. When I saw the headline I got slightly excited that Nintendo could actually be giving us some bonus, unrequested content.

Add me on anything. I'm always looking for new friends/opponents/town visitors/chances to appear more popular than I actually am.
Anonymous (guest) 25.05.2010 01:02#18

Actually, if you have MPlayer or WiiMC installed, this DVD does natively play in the Wii.

Balintka15 (guest) 27.05.2010 13:33#19

huh? ps2 dvd? Wii games! Smilie

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.
Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall