It's less than month till Super Mario Galaxy 2 finally hits stores across Europe. Those lucky Americans will be playing it in just over a weeks time though. With less then four weeks to go for Europe, Robert Lowe, from Nintendo UK has discussed their marketing plan for the game.
Nintendo UK Marketing Manager, Robert Lowe said “Galaxy 2 is the biggest launch of the year on Wii and this is reflected in the campaign we’ve put behind it”. He also feels the Nintendo EAD team "have managed to improve on a virtually flawless predecessor." The plan will include cinema trailers, TV advertisements and promotion through retail and online gaming websites.
- A 60-second trailer will be shown in cinemas nationwide during the run-up to the game’s release. These will run before some of this summer’s biggest family films.
- A pre-launch campaign will also take over all major gaming sites, with creative targeted at both long-time gamers and loyal Mario fans.
- A massive three-week TV campaign will kick off from Galaxy 2’s launch week, with advertisements running on key terrestrial and satellite channels.
- This will be accompanied by a separate ad campaign targeted specifically at children’s programming, raising awareness among young gamers as the summer holidays approach.
- A second burst of TV advertising will run throughout July to maintain awareness of Super Mario Galaxy 2’s release.
- A huge range of POS will be available to retailers, utilising the eye-catching artwork and familiar character to showcase some of Galaxy 2’s key features.
Thanks to MCV
Are you glad Super Mario Galaxy 2 will get extensive marketing or would you rather Nintendo focus it more on their less popular titles?