Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS

RARE to make Banjo Kazooie for 3DS?

RARE to make Banjo Kazooie for 3DS? on Nintendo gaming news, videos and discussion

RARE's ever-popular bear and bird duo may return to Nintendo's handheld scene with Banjo Kazooie or other projects for 3DS.

Since being lapped up by Microsoft the studio have taken on smaller projects for Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance, including Diddy Kong Racing DS and Viva Panata: Pocket Paradise. The release of the new 3DS console could see RARE once again return to the Nintendo scene with a possible Banjo Kazooie in 3D.

The idea was pitched to the company in the latest Scribes segment, resulting in a 'Possibly'.

Banjo-3DSie confirmed! Although by confirmed I do mean 100% utterly speculative.

We haven't done much in the handheld 'space' since DKR DS and Pocket Paradise - could we dip our toes in again at some point? Possibly. 3DS? Not for me to say.

Would you like to see Rare's animal duo return to Nintendo's portables? A remake of the original or perhaps a completely new game...

Latest Screenshots

Read and post comments

Share this article Share this article

04.11.2010 13:18

62271

Box art for Banjo-Kazooie
Developer

Rare

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

3D Platformer

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10 (17 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now

Buy Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64) Buy Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64)

Buy Banjo-Kazooie on AmazonBuy Banjo-Kazooie on Shop To Buy Banjo-Kazooie on GameBuy Banjo-Kazooie on TescoBuy Banjo-Kazooie on The Hut

Reader comments - add yours today Comments on this Article

I'd be in favour of either, but I'd also like to see a new Diddy Kong Racing, one that aims to be better than the original game. Here's hoping.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

As long as they don't give us anything like that "Third" game, I'm straight. KEEP IT CLASSIC!

Senior ModeratorStaff Member

I still haven't properly played Banjo Tooie, but BK1 was one of my favourite games ever. Such awesome music.

A true Banjo Threeie would be very nice and very fitting on a Nintendo console.

Cubed3 Staff :: Senior Editor
Follow me on: Twitter | YouTube | Backloggery

I'm surprised, they will even consider it... But I don't think they'd be too happy about Nintendo, getting golden eye.

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

100% utterly speculative is the same as confirmed on the internet. Spread the news!

Ahh I remember when borrowed Banjo-Kazooie off my mate and accidently deleted his game save and had to come up a reasonable excuse Smilie. Was not a huge fan of the game, might give it another go if it comes on the 3DS.

Tom (guest) 05.11.2010 03:17#7

I'm in the majotity in that I would prefer to see an original 'true' sequel. Although the likelihood of that happening is very slim, even if it is made I doubt it would be on a par with the 64 outings.

Skedar (guest) 05.11.2010 07:11#8

... I know this is BS, it won't be coming to the 3DS (or a Nintendo system ever again for that matter).
If you can remember, Banjo was even stripped from DKR DS.

The current Rare wouldn't even be capable of making a new game with the same quality the N64 games had anyway, so no worries.

this would be something to see happen Smilie

I hope it will be a as good as the Banjo 1 and Banjo Tooie. I will be very pleased if this turns out to have good graphics and a good story, then RARE will be back in my good books.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Ninty misses you Banjo! And so do we! I'd be so happy to see them return to glory. Microsoft is just not the right audience for them.

Like video game music?!
Do a Barrel Roll!<
Gohma (guest) 06.11.2010 23:59#12

If theres a re-make, I hope it's of Banjo Tooie....or both of them combined. IMO, Tooie was better than the original in basically every way- bigger (and so will benefit from stereoscopy , more difficult, better (more variety) music, more upgrades, etc. Maybe they can even tac on a few extra worlds.
If they announce an entirely new game, I'd be weary. Rare lost a lot of it's quality staff since their departure from Nintendo. If they could make a game that's just as good as the originals, fantastic, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I knew the comments under this news item would be filled with idiocy. I wasn't disappointed.

Staff Member

Martin_ said:

But surely that means you yourself are now part of the 'idiocy'? :/

Oh, me too then. Bollocks. Smilie

b (guest) 12.12.2010 16:18#15

lets dance!

Sulana (guest) 30.01.2011 10:25#16

As long as the game's graphics are like Banjo-Kazooie//Tooie. (: Then YES!

Hey (guest) 18.02.2011 14:27#17

plz mAKe bajo kazooy 3 for the wii or 3dsSmilie

Ceaser Blayed (guest) 13.03.2011 09:21#18

I'd love to play my favorite game on a 3DS, Maybe they'd put stop'n'swop too! by making the sequel, we could finally know what happens without having nuts and bolts SmilieSmilie

Ryan (guest) 31.03.2011 17:10#19

I might actually buy a 3ds if Banjo is released for it.

Shadow Man (guest) 28.04.2011 09:58#20

YES YES YES REMAKE!! of the first not the second...please make this i had a craving to play this game for the longest time. please make!SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Demon wolf (guest) 22.05.2011 10:14#21

if rare is getting back with nintendo,they need to make killer instinct 3,their nintendo classics should always stay with nintendo.

Sol-Badguy (guest) 04.07.2011 08:57#22

F**k that, if RAREWARE is going to make a DS Game why not ditch Microsoft and come back to Nintendo. These guys should make a Diddy Kong Racing for the Wii...or start developing one for the Wii U and 3DS since that's on it's way to go on Market.

imallama (guest) 11.07.2011 04:56#23

please don't be a remake!! Smilie not another... please -_-

Unknown man! (guest) 17.07.2011 11:03#24

YES YES YES! Bring them back! As long as their back to platforming, bring back the bear and bird in their former glory!

Corey (guest) 23.07.2011 21:54#25

My hope is that they remake the old Banjo-Kazooie, and then in the process they grow to love Nintendo again. Then decide to make a Threeie for the Wii-U Nintendo console. 'Cause to make such an amazing game handheld exclusive would like nutsack.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.
Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall