<

Rumour: New Pokemon Announcement in May?

By Jorge Ba-oh 25.04.2011 16

Rumour: New Pokemon Announcement in May? on Nintendo gaming news, videos and discussion

According to a Japanese blog, a new Pokémon game will be announced in the next issue of Dengeki Nintendo DS magazine in May.

The next issue of the magazine is out on May 21st, and unconfirmed reports are suggesting that a new game in the ever-growing franchise will be exclusively revealed - but doesn't list a platform or genre.

The new project may be a battle/Pokémon Stadium-esque game, another colour entry in the DS line, an all-new adventure for the 3DS. Perhaps an anniversary project, given the 15th birthday for the Pokémon series back in February?

The latest main-entry duo Pokémon Black and White where released in Japan last September.

Via Siliconera.

What do you think or hope the new Pokémon project will be - and for what platform?

Comment on this article

You can comment as a guest or join the Cubed3 community below: Sign Up for Free Account Login

Preview PostPreview Post Your Name:
Validate your comment
  Enter the letters in the image to validate your comment.
Submit Post

Comments

Fingers crossed for 3DS game plans.

Hell, I can always hope for a Anniversary game with Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh in it.

SINCE 06

Pokemon Grey? With Kyurem on the cover? Maybe that empty cave characters keep telling me has a legendary pokemon in it actually serves some purpose? Who knows?

I always thought it was weird that they kept Black and White for DS when the 3DS was coming so soon afterward. I wonder if the third game in Gen V will further the whole reinvention theme they have going by actually being developed for the 3DS... seems like kind of a rip off, but come on, who's followed Pokemon this far and doesn't plan to have a 3DS someday?

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

A remake of Pokemon Red/Blue...but for Wii in full 3D!

...I can dream, can't I?

There's only three logical possibilties:

a remake of the third generation, for the 3DS.

or even the fifth generation's "stadium" game.

A special anniversary game that will be on the 3DS, since the pokemon company or game freak was given special priorities, in the dev kit for the 3DS.

It's way too soon for gray, and still a little too soon for the remake of the third generation so it's one of the other two. or maybe, it's a reliteration of the first and third generation. -shrugs-

( Edited 25.04.2011 04:43 by Wolvesgod )

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out
eking (guest) 25.04.2011#5

pokemon lack and white wii!

Pokémon Snap 2 for the 3DS. That's all I want for now. Smilie

justonesp00lturn said:
Pokemon Grey? With Kyurem on the cover? Maybe that empty cave characters keep telling me has a legendary pokemon in it actually serves some purpose? Who knows?

I'm strongly looking towards this too - Grey (or some other Black/White generation game) is likely to squeeze even more sales, with a 3DS generation announced sometime this year and released in 2012/13.

That said, spin-offs like SirLink's Poké Snap 2, maybe a battle game etc would be likely - maybe as 3DSWare perhaps?

( Edited 25.04.2011 10:10 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
gagan (guest) 25.04.2011#8

i am a big fan of pokemon and i want to join nintendo. i am doing electronics engineering

SirLink said:
Pokémon Snap 2 for the 3DS. That's all I want for now. Smilie

Pokemon snap 3D AR game. How fucking cool would it be to see Bulbasaur hop out from behind your couch?

Never even thought of Snap, haha. Truly underrated game. I could go for more Pokemon Puzzle League, too. Never cared for the Stadium games, but of the three side games, that's the only one they chose to continue. Just my luck.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

SirLink said:
Pokémon Snap 2 for the 3DS. That's all I want for now. Smilie

That would be awesome!

Calling it now:

Pokémon "Grey"

OR

The next iteration in one of the many spin-off series, my guess would be mystery dungeon.

A stadium game seems unlikely with the release of a new console next year, but you never know! Smilie

Birdo Is A Tranny said:
Calling it now:

Pokémon "Grey"

OR

The next iteration in one of the many spin-off series, my guess would be mystery dungeon.

A stadium game seems unlikely with the release of a new console next year, but you never know! Smilie

-shrugs- nintendo just released the 3DS with Black and White on the DS.

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out
selectmike (guest) 26.04.2011#13

They wouldnt just make a pokemon just for the ds they make it compatible with both ds systems due to the growing poblems with the 3DS

Seems like we've got a good idea of what this new Pokémon game might be. A bunch of scans popped up, showing the main character of Pokémon XD along with a 3DS showing the Agate Village that appears in both Gamecube games. The second scan has some sort of scene where his sister appears in but I can't recall such a scene that ever happening in Pokémon XD which probably means that it's going to be a new game, starring the same character and world as Pokémon XD.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this as I enjoyed both Gamecube games(any game that gives you an Eevee or some of their evolutions as a starter is an automatic win for me, I guess Smilie) but I really hope that they're going to add a lot more stuff to this game than the previous ones for longevity. I'd buy it Day 1 if they include an awesome online stadium mode.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Source: Nintendo3dsblog

SirLink said:
Seems like we've got a good idea of what this new Pokémon game might be. A bunch of scans popped up, showing the main character of Pokémon XD along with a 3DS showing the Agate Village that appears in both Gamecube games. The second scan has some sort of scene where his sister appears in but I can't recall such a scene that ever happening in Pokémon XD which probably means that it's going to be a new game, starring the same character and world as Pokémon XD.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this as I enjoyed both Gamecube games(any game that gives you an Eevee or some of their evolutions as a starter is an automatic win for me, I guess Smilie) but I really hope that they're going to add a lot more stuff to this game than the previous ones for longevity. I'd buy it Day 1 if they include an awesome online stadium mode.

The 3DS looks really distorted, for both a photograph and a drawing. if they wanted to be taken serious, wouldn't it look a little more realistic?

Also some photos are in full 3D some are in -shrugs- 2.5D

becareful Link it might be a prank/joke. so don't hold your breath.

( Edited 01.05.2011 02:54 by Wolvesgod )

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out

Wolvesgod said:

The 3DS looks really distorted, for both a photograph and a drawing. if they wanted to be taken serious, wouldn't it look a little more realistic?

Also some photos are in full 3D some are in -shrugs- 2.5D

becareful Link it might be a prank/joke. so don't hold your breath.

Don't worry, the only Pokémon game I'd hold my breath for is Pokémon Snap 2 for the 3DS. Smilie

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
K-Pop Korner - The Best of Korean Music
Sign up today for blogs, games collections, reader reviews and much more
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Gabriel PVJ Jones, Insanoflex

There are 2 members online at the moment.