Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed the cross-over project between Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom: A strategy RPG called Project X Zone for Nintendo 3DS.
The magazine first broke details on the mystery project earlier today - and as guessed by fans, involves a wealth of familiar faces in the gaming world, spanning the likes of Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Shining Force, Space Channel 5, Tekken and many more.
Namco Bandai's Kensuke Tsukanaka, producer for Project X Zone was the first to make the calls to Capcom, initially pitching the idea as perhaps a spiritual successor to Namco x Capcom - Sega then got involved so the three came up with a unique title that represents all three studios.
Not too much is known about the actual game itself, except that various characters will team up in pairs (aside from a few exceptions) and do battle.
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
The game's Japanese website is now live, with a full announcement planned for April 17th.
Until then, a handful of screens and artwork to wet your Project X Zone appetite:
What do you think of our first glimpse of the Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom collaboration? Would this be something you would consider if localised?