As Japan prepares for the launch of the new 3DS XL, Famitsu Magazine quizzed readers on just who'll be buying the new model.
The survey was conducted with an undisclosed number of visitors to the magazine's website on whether or not they would purchase the 3DS XL , plus colour preferences.
- 29.4% plan to buy a 3DS XL eventually.
- 28.9% plan to buy at launch.
- 24.3% don't intend to buy one.
- 17.4% will wait to try the console in person.
Of those who do intend to adopt the new hardware, 70% already own the current 3DS.The Red/Black variety is the favourite with more than a third of those surveyed, 38.9%, opting for this flavour. The white model came second at 32.8%, with Silver/Black last at 28.3%.
- 54.6% of readers felt the price is right.
- 62.3% of retailers felt the price is right.