American Wii U Press Event: September 13

By Jorge Ba-oh 22.08.2012 13

American Wii U Press Event: September 13 on Nintendo gaming news, videos and discussion

Next month Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be taking the stage to reveal more details on the upcoming Wii U launch.

On September 13th the world's attention will be focused on New York City, where Fils-Aime will be discussing "how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment". Presumably a firm launch date, possible retail price and day one titles will be mentioned - though Nintendo haven't yet gone into any specifics.

Similar events were held for the Nintendo 3DS and original Wii in New York, so it's highly likely for a dose of the same.

Comment on this article

You can comment as a guest or join the Cubed3 community below: Sign Up for Free Account Login

Preview PostPreview Post Your Name:
Validate your comment
  Enter the letters in the image to validate your comment.
Submit Post

Comments

Fuck. I jet off to Naples that day. Smilie

Cool, looking forward to this, it's make or break given the reaction so far.


Phoenom said:
Fuck. I jet off to Naples that day. Smilie

Be careful, it's a beautiful but very dangerous city, not quite Palermo, but close enough.

what if they show video games

ones that people will be able to play with their hands on a tv

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

How about they show the specs of the machine, everyone wants to know them (vs. xbox 360 and ps3)!

Amlani (guest) 22.08.2012#5

You really like that throttle, don't cha Reggie?

darkflame (guest) 22.08.2012#6

SuperLink said:
what if they show video games

ones that people will be able to play with their hands on a tv

bah, next you will ask for something that isnt a existing IP!

Ok.... predictions?

-I say $300/€300.
-Upad included (ofc), no additional controllers (Pro or Wiimote).
-In time for Thanksgiving, whenever that is (when is it?).
- 3 Nintendo launch games, 12 more 3rd party titles.
- 2 more Nintendo and 20 3rd party titles in the months after.

Laurelin (guest) 24.08.2012#8

Linkyshinks said:
Phoenom said:
Fuck. I jet off to Naples that day. Smilie

Be careful, it's a beautiful but very dangerous city, not quite Palermo, but close enough.


*lol* *thumbs up*

Canyarion said:
Ok.... predictions?

-I say $300/€300.
-Upad included (ofc), no additional controllers (Pro or Wiimote).
-In time for Thanksgiving, whenever that is (when is it?).
- 3 Nintendo launch games, 12 more 3rd party titles.
- 2 more Nintendo and 20 3rd party titles in the months after.

Sounds good, except they already announced there will be 23 launch titles I thought (11 first party, 12 third).

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Canyarion said:
Ok.... predictions?

-I say $300/€300.
-Upad included (ofc), no additional controllers (Pro or Wiimote).
-In time for Thanksgiving, whenever that is (when is it?).
- 3 Nintendo launch games, 12 more 3rd party titles.
- 2 more Nintendo and 20 3rd party titles in the months after.


First two I think are spot on. I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo is going to make the Thanksgiving window, though (22 November). I'm thinking first week of December, though I know they want to be to market by Black Friday. I also am not sure Nintendo will have 3 launch games ready, since they've said Pikmin is "launch window" and not a launch title. Unless they start throwing together some Steel Diver like stuff.

( Edited 25.08.2012 02:11 by Jacob4000 )

Jacob4000 said:
First two I think are spot on. I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo is going to make the Thanksgiving window, though (22 November). I'm thinking first week of December, though I know they want to be to market by Black Friday. I also am not sure Nintendo will have 3 launch games ready, since they've said Pikmin is "launch window" and not a launch title. Unless they start throwing together some Steel Diver like stuff.

New Super Mario U, Wii Fit U, Nintendo Land.

( Edited 25.08.2012 15:54 by justonesp00lturn )

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Fair enough - though a bit depressing..

I really don't know if I'm going to get this any time soon. At least the Wii had some must-haves (Sports and Zelda).

Oh, I hope Nintendo release some new eShop games. Also, I might get some WiiWare games that I didn't get for Wii... They should be good fun on the Upad.

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
K-Pop Korner - The Best of Korean Music
Sign up today for blogs, games collections, reader reviews and much more
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.