Nintendo held a presentation in Japan earlier today, demoing a wealth of new details on upcoming 3DS titles.
Company president Satoru Iwata took the digital stage to discuss and show gameplay footage on the likes of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, EX Troopers, Fantasy Life, Paper Mario: Super Seal and more.
- The latest entry in the Animal Crossing series is due out on 8th November in Japan, with a download version available too
- Iwata explained how if transferring to a new 3DS, or if the console has to be wiped, software can be re-downloaded. Files can even be copied to a PC and then to a bigger SD card if running low on bytes.
- Fantasy Life also made its Nintendo Direct debut with an art direction by Yoshitaka Amano and compositions from Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu.
- Paper Mario: Super Seal - lots of hammer action shown, due December 6th in Japan.
- Dragon Quest X producer Yosuke Saito also recaps the game's life on Wii so far, with the Wii U edition due in 2013, with a beta in February.
- Dragon Quest X will include Ranger and Paladin classes, off-screen play on the Wii U gamepad and connectivity between both consoles.
- Luigi's Mansion 2 now creeping up to Japan in Q1 2013 with footage revealing a frosty and plant ridden mansion.
- Nintendo also revealed footage for Pokémon Dungeon, due 23 November, Layton vs. Phoenix Wright out 29 November and Inazuma Eleven GO2 Chrono Stone out 13 December.
- Iwata also interviewed Shinya Arino to discuss Japanese TV show Game Center CX (Reteo Game Master).