Industry News | Namco & Bandai Join Forces in Europe

By Adam Riley 31.10.2006 9

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced its creation as a new company; integrating NAMCO and BANDAI consumer video games operations in Europe. The European integration follows similar corporate alignments in Japan by the two parent companies and, more recently, their North American subsidiaries.

The combined resources, expertise and brands of two of the most well-respected Japanese-owned interactive entertainment companies represent a formidable alliance for Europe, challenging leading publishers for product market share.

"This integration has been extremely exciting for all concerned," said Masayuki Matsuo, the President of NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. "The collective strength of our two companies will allow us to position ourselves and our products more aggressively in Europe, competing alongside top tier publishers and supporting our distribution partners to maximise sales and marketing opportunities."

The European satellite offices of the two companies have formerly provided supporting roles to sales and distribution partners across PAL territories. The new company will continue to work out of two offices: the headquarters in Cergy, France and the UK Office in London. While there are no plans affecting these relationships with our partners, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe will be scaling up the Product Management infrastructure to provide greater support to European partners as part of an ongoing PAL roadmap for the company and its brands, which include Pac-Man

Comment on this article

You can comment as a guest or join the Cubed3 community below: Sign Up for Free Account Login

Preview PostPreview Post Your Name:
Validate your comment
  Enter the letters in the image to validate your comment.
Submit Post

Comments

Riiiiiidge Racer!!!!!

Now twice as good!Smilie

Is it just me or are a lot more companies joining together? (takara tomy, sega sammy)

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

Does this mean more Bandai games, since Namco seem to be pretty supportive of Nintendo at the moment, or less Namco games since Bandai don't seem that bothered with Nintendo?

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Nintendo holds a big steak in Namco, that's about as relevant as it gets.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

A big steak? Mmm, sounds juicy! But yeah, Nintendo actually does have a holding investment in Bandai, so it bodes well for future support... Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

jesusraz said:
A big steak? Mmm, sounds juicy! But yeah, Nintendo actually does have a holding investment in Bandai, so it bodes well for future support... Smilie

I'm SO hungry! Smilie

Megadanxzero said:
Does this mean more Bandai games, since Namco seem to be pretty supportive of Nintendo at the moment, or less Namco games since Bandai dont seem that bothered with Nintendo?

In Japan, NamcoBandai is releasing games every which way for DS and (Smilie) the GameCube. Hopefully this translates over to Europe, instead of it meaning more PSP half-arsed titles. [read: EA]

Not already? I thought they were already merged worldwide! Smilie Oh well, I guess they are/nearly are now, so Smilie

But yeah, I'm not sure what this means for Nintendo. As Bandai & Namco have both shown likes to Nintendo in the past, Namco games seem to sell fairly well on Nintendo's systems, but they favour Sony consoles with Tales games....

Also, Bandai's Tamagotchi game sold well over expectations on DS.

ZeroSimon said:
Is it just me or are a lot more companies joining together? (takara tomy, sega sammy)

Yeah, I thought that too. Konami + Hudson is the only one I really dislike, I've gotten used the whole SEGA Sammy thing, luckily they still make console games, but SEGA will never make a console again Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

ZeroSimon said:
Riiiiiidge Racer!!!!!Now twice as good!SmilieIs it just me or are a lot more companies joining together? (takara tomy, sega sammy)

Yeah I know aye...

VelocityStrike said:In Japan, NamcoBandai is releasing games every which way for DS and (Smilie) the GameCube. Hopefully this translates over to Europe, instead of it meaning more PSP half-arsed titles. [read: EA]

In Japan, though, the PSP is being favoured, with full versions of Ridge Racer, stacks of Tales games and even a proper Ace Combat and Tekken. What did the DS get? A watered-down Tales, Tamagotchi and Point Blank.

Hmm...

We need Soul Calibur DS!

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

jesusraz said:
VelocityStrike said:In Japan, NamcoBandai is releasing games every which way for DS and (Smilie) the GameCube. Hopefully this translates over to Europe, instead of it meaning more PSP half-arsed titles. [read: EA]
In Japan, though, the PSP is being favoured, with full versions of Ridge Racer, stacks of Tales games and even a proper Ace Combat and Tekken. What did the DS get? A watered-down Tales, Tamagotchi and Point Blank.Hmm...We need Soul Calibur DS!

Soul Calibur DS my ars...enal...I REALLY could not see it coming out on DS over the PSP, for any reason at all! One can only hope, though...Smilie

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Sign up today for blogs, games collections, reader reviews and much more
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Gabriel PVJ Jones, hinchjoie, Insanoflex, jesusraz, justin-p

There are 5 members online at the moment.