Industry News | Sony: "Wii is an impulse buy"

By Jorge Ba-oh 31.01.2007 83

More industry banter comes with the Wii's increasing success in the market. Sony America spokesperson Dave Karakker has commented on he Wii's performance in comparison to the Playstation 3 in a recent interview with the New York Times.

According to Next-Gen.biz, Karakker noted that the Playstation 3 shouldn't be compared to Nintendo's Wii, as "Wii could be considered an impulse buy more than anything else."

Nintendo added their two cents on the allegations of console shortages due to low shipments as "absolutely inaccurate".

Stick with C3 for future industry updates..

Comment on this article

You can comment as a guest or join the Cubed3 community below: Sign Up for Free Account Login

Preview PostPreview Post Your Name:
Validate your comment
  Enter the letters in the image to validate your comment.
Submit Post

Comments

I agree with you, but what's with all the animosity? Unnecessary. Anyway, the Wii isn't worth buying at the moment, but I know it will be in the future, which is why I don't have one yet.

Oni-Ninja said:
I agree with you, but whats with all the animosity? Unnecessary. Anyway, the Wii isnt worth buying at the moment, but I know it will be in the future, which is why I dont have one yet.

sorry, can't help it, I think I'm developing a short fuse - it's just i see it a lot and it gets irritating.......

Jacob4000 said:
knighty said:The 360 represents the far better buy right now. I do not doubt that the Wii will come up soon (I bought one on launch ya know) but right now, the 360 is easily the best system. If you dont like GoW I have to doubt that youve even played it...
I really dont care about Gears of War, honestly. Sure it looks cool and all, but I dont fancy spending $400 for just one game, and the rest of the lineup just doesnt appeal to me, especially compared with what Nintendo has lined up for the year.As for value, I suppose the 360 is the better deal for the technology, but that isnt why I buy a system. I buy it for the fun, which is why Nintendo generally gets my money, though Im not saying a 360 isnt fun. Heck, Id like to get one eventually.
Haha, Jacob PWNED once again!
You are just looking for pathetic ways to insult me lately, with no reason or provocation, arent you? No matter, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Smilie

He just says PAWNED after everything, how was he pawned?

Just because the 360 doesn't interest him doesn't mean he is a fanboy, does not having a Wii make you a MS fanboy.

Also aren't you planning on getting the PS3 at launch, well the Wii has better titles available for it by the time the PS3 will come out.


Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he [Richard Ashcroft] promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clichť. They were the statement and the definition."

Amazingjanet said:
Oni-Ninja said:I agree with you, but whats with all the animosity? Unnecessary. Anyway, the Wii isnt worth buying at the moment, but I know it will be in the future, which is why I dont have one yet.
sorry, cant help it, I think Im developing a short fuse - its just i see it a lot and it gets irritating.......

I understand, but these are just videogames. Anger should never come into it. No-one's being ignorant about your family, anyone you love, or anything that's personal to you, so there's really no reason to get pissy. Computer games are just objects. That sounds really patronizing. Sorry.

Oni-Ninja said:
Amazingjanet said:
Oni-Ninja said:I agree with you, but whats with all the animosity? Unnecessary. Anyway, the Wii isnt worth buying at the moment, but I know it will be in the future, which is why I dont have one yet.
sorry, cant help it, I think Im developing a short fuse - its just i see it a lot and it gets irritating.......
I understand, but these are just videogames. Anger should never come into it. No-ones being ignorant about your family, anyone you love, or anything thats personal to you, so theres really no reason to get pissy. Computer games are just objects. That sounds really patronizing. Sorry.

dw, I think I just need more sleep, grab that bat, aim right for the back of the head.........

Better than any sleeping pill.

Hulkamania said:
Jacob4000 said:
knighty said:The 360 represents the far better buy right now. I do not doubt that the Wii will come up soon (I bought one on launch ya know) but right now, the 360 is easily the best system. If you dont like GoW I have to doubt that youve even played it...
I really dont care about Gears of War, honestly. Sure it looks cool and all, but I dont fancy spending $400 for just one game, and the rest of the lineup just doesnt appeal to me, especially compared with what Nintendo has lined up for the year.As for value, I suppose the 360 is the better deal for the technology, but that isnt why I buy a system. I buy it for the fun, which is why Nintendo generally gets my money, though Im not saying a 360 isnt fun. Heck, Id like to get one eventually.
Haha, Jacob PWNED once again!
You are just looking for pathetic ways to insult me lately, with no reason or provocation, arent you? No matter, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Smilie
He just says PAWNED after everything, how was he pawned?Just because the 360 doesnt interest him doesnt mean he is a fanboy, does not having a Wii make you a MS fanboy.Also arent you planning on getting the PS3 at launch, well the Wii has better titles available for it by the time the PS3 will come out.

Maybe not at launch, depends. It will have a good lineup out due to being region free and me knowing a site that will still ship games to the UK for

I hate it when companies take jabs at other companies. It just makes them look stupid, and in Sony's case, obviousy threatened, especially when Microsoft have been praising the Wii. And COMPARED TO THE PS3, the Wii is an impulse buy. The PS3 requires a second mortgage!

I agree with you, but what's with all the animosity? Unnecessary. Anyway, the Wii isn't worth buying at the moment, but I know it will be in the future, which is why I don't have one yet.

but prices drop for a reason. The reason is that the hundred dollars you are saving would be very well spent on a year with Wii play and Wii sports! Smilie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Duffman ~~~~~~~~~
"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Sign up today for blogs, games collections, reader reviews and much more
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Dragon0085

There are 1 members online at the moment.