the official website and this time it shows that there will be boss battles in the highly anticipated Wii game. Head inside for the full story..." /> News: Nintendo Wii Media | Smash Update: Save the Princess, Save the World? Page 1 - Cubed3

Nintendo Wii Media | Smash Update: Save the Princess, Save the World?

By Adam Riley 24.08.2007 24

The latest Smash Bros. Brawl update has arrived from the official website and this time it shows that there will be boss battles in the highly anticipated Wii game.

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it's rumoured that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I'd like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!


He... He's huge!


Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?


He's attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.


What will happen to the one you don't save?!

Stay tuned for further updates...

Box art for Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Developer

HAL Laboratory

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Fighting

Players

4

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (594 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   

Comment on this article

You can comment as a guest or join the Cubed3 community below: Sign Up for Free Account Login

Preview PostPreview Post Your Name:
Validate your comment
  Enter the letters in the image to validate your comment.
Submit Post

Comments

Excellent title!! Also who or what is that behind Zelda in the last pic. And... Ridley boss battle?

Smilie That last pic shows one of the cages toppled over, doesn't it?

The possibilities for boss characters is immense...and given the cameos so far, we could be in for a nice surprise!

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

What will happen to the one you don't save?!

You get bitch slapped by Zelda and get kicked in the nuts by Peach...Smilie

Perhaps they become a boss later on...Revenge grudge match!

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

Petty and zelda have some really nice models.

The Heroes/Mario crossover thing has already been done elsewhere:

http://www.offworlddesigns.com/p-264-save-the-princess.aspx

Already got myself one of these T's, thankfully Heroes is now getting a terrestrial airing in the UK, so people can finally appreciate it.

SHE DIES!!! MUWA HAHA!

Save the cheerleader, save the world!!.

Petey and the Princess look gorgeous.{LS]

Zelda looks great.

I'm going to have to go with Peach in choosing between the two. I can't have my turnip launching princess eatin by a No eyed plant, thing, fish flower, monster. What exactly would you all call petey any waySmilie
I just noticed Petey wears poka dotted under wearSmilie

( Edited on 24.08.2007 09:36 by J Tangle )

J Tangle said:
Im going to have to go with Peach in choosing between the two. I cant have my turnip launching princess eatin by a No eyed plant, thing, fish flower, monster. What exactly would you all call petey any waySmilie

Petey is a piranha plant. Smilie

Anyway, it's interesting how we have to choose who to save...

You know, I think Petey would look more menacing without the underwear... or at least get rid of the pokadots.

Though this is a great update, boss battles ftw! And what a dilemma, which princess do you save? Does that choice affect the rest of the story? Oh the possibilities!

Proud United State-ian

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

The Evil Shy Guy said:
You know, I think Petey would look more menacing without the underwear... or at least get rid of the pokadots.Though this is a great update, boss battles ftw! And what a dilemma, which princess do you save? Does that choice affect the rest of the story? Oh the possibilities!

Maybe, it seems like a Splinter Cell: Double Agent parody Smilie

Me? I'd go for Zelda, I can't stand Peach for some reason...and I think Zelda is stronger, so she'd be a nice companion.

I think if you get off Petey's underwear or polkadots you'd make it loose his sex-appeal Smilie


Udkedae Everywhere! | PSN: Udkedae

Udkedae said:
The Evil Shy Guy said:You know, I think Petey would look more menacing without the underwear... or at least get rid of the pokadots.Though this is a great update, boss battles ftw! And what a dilemma, which princess do you save? Does that choice affect the rest of the story? Oh the possibilities!
Maybe, it seems like a Splinter Cell: Double Agent parody SmilieMe? Id go for Zelda, I cant stand Peach for some reason...and I think Zelda is stronger, so shed be a nice companion.I think if you get off Peteys underwear or polkadots youd make it loose his sex-appeal Smilie

I don't know about that whole sex appeal thingSmilie I'm going to go with my friend the Evil Shy Guy on this one because if we all had to fight Petey while his stamen was showing it would make more of a menacing fightSmilie
Oh yeah thanks for the corrections I forgot how to spell itSmilie

J Tangle said:
Udkedae said:
The Evil Shy Guy said:You know, I think Petey would look more menacing without the underwear... or at least get rid of the pokadots.Though this is a great update, boss battles ftw! And what a dilemma, which princess do you save? Does that choice affect the rest of the story? Oh the possibilities!
Maybe, it seems like a Splinter Cell: Double Agent parody SmilieMe? Id go for Zelda, I cant stand Peach for some reason...and I think Zelda is stronger, so shed be a nice companion.I think if you get off Peteys underwear or polkadots youd make it loose his sex-appeal Smilie
I dont know about that whole sex appeal thingSmilie Im going to go with my friend the Evil Shy Guy on this one because if we all had to fight Petey while his stamen was showing it would make more of a menacing fightSmilieOh yeah thanks for the corrections I forgot how to spell itSmilie

Heh, heh... for me the most menacing foe is the funniest looking one Smilie


Udkedae Everywhere! | PSN: Udkedae

Udkedae said:
Heh, heh... for me the most menacing foe is the funniest looking one Smilie

For me it's a naked man eating plant monsterSmilie

Bosses sound awesome!!...and the character model here looks great!!! (as always)

I'd save zelda anytime.

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

I hope they have different paths through the Adventure mode depending on which princess you save, that'd be awesome. I think I'd save Peach first though... Much better looking Smilie

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

DAMMIT I CAN"t choose...although i AM thinking that saving one leads to an alternet part of the game for instance save peach link goes for Zelda.. save Zelda and Mario goes for Peach..

but beyond all this...its great that they have an actual complete understanding story in the game scratchin out just Battleing and smashing all the time....now this Game right here will show us WHAT SMASH BROS IS ALL ABOUT!!!!! SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Megadanxzero said:
I hope they have different paths through the Adventure mode depending on which princess you save, thatd be awesome. I think Id save Peach first though... Much better looking Smilie

Exactly! They had better, it'd make for better replay value.

Proud United State-ian

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

I hope there is co-op~!

iCAME said:
I hope there is co-op~!

Agreed. Coop would be soooooo cool.

I know in advance to save Zelda first. At least Zelda TRIES to fight back when being kidnapped, Peach just cries for Mario. >_>;

Hoopla!

I'll save Zelda first. Peach is an expert in kidnapping situations. Peach will probably take out her diary and put "yep today is just like any other".

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Sign up today for blogs, games collections, reader reviews and much more
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.