Possible First Screens of Mario 128?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

This is a couple of days old, but interesting nonetheless - Totalvideogames.com recieved an anonymous email on the 3rd of March containing photographs of what could be Mario 128. Here are the pics:

Image for

Image for

Link to their original article >here<

Wow, great shots dude.

Welcome to the site, btw. Please stay as many other members have left. And don't worry about not many members being around now. They're all sleeping.

Hmm, if they are fakes then they are good. I can't see anything that gives it away.

I can't tell if its fake or not but it looks quite good.

You found the word nipple! And you love touching them!

I reckon they are fake - especially the later screen, as it looks like a chopped up version of Mario Sunshine. The above image also looks a bit dodgy, though it's probably a well edited meeting for another game/film.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

hmmmm, i dunno, just doesnt "feel" right to me...

It's way to "Sunshine" to be 128 in my opinion. And what the hell is that star icon in what looks like a pipe?

Same shape as the water gauge on Sunshine, looks like someone just threw something over it as a cover up.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Too true - and the star looks like it's not part of that pipe - like it's been tagged on.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

looks very fake, and doesnt look at all like a step up from sunshine; I'd be almost positive these are fake. By putting the images as though they were projected, they could make them bright and and blurry and thus difficult to judge. Also the second pic, the marquee at the top is fully saturated colour, unlike the rest of the picture. It doesnt look right. And as I said, the graphics arent impressive at all..

Fake definitly, you can see so many Sunshine resemblance with some tweaks done to it but it does looks rather good.

but it does looks rather good

I really, really hate it actualy. I used to really like the Sunshine theme and surroundings, but now it doesn't seem to quite fit for me anymore, not after going back to Mario 64 on the DS again.

Less Water and Sunshine, More Castles and Grass. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I'm not sure....Luigi didn't look like that in Luigi's Mansion, and the style of him looks almost identical to Mario's...But JB's right, it looks like chopped up bits out of SMS. Especially the umbrella overlloking the building in the later screen. I swear I've seen Mario in that exact pose before, and it looks as if the sleeves have been put back on that sleeveless top from SMS (If that makes sense :sarcySmilie.

Fake. The font for the coins is SMS, too. And, the entire shot looks about as detailed as San Andreas (where you can't tell if a wall is a ramp or a wall until you've hit it, half the time), and the top one looks like it has some weird distortion - as though a picture has been over compressed. And there's no innovation on display - hardly what Nintendo'd show their share holders as a first impression.

Just no.

Upon closer insection, I can see that the object behind Mario in the top screen is the top of Princess Peach's castle, just cut and pasted from Mario 64.

Fake.

That looks cool i cant wait for E3 to reavel more

does not look very good. most likely a fake!

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

That looks cool i cant wait for E3 to reavel more

Yep I tottaly agree with yo- oh wait *reads thread*

Smilie

Yea, well they are fakes. A feel sorry for the idiots reading TVG and thinking these are shots of a new Mario game, these are the shittiest fakes ever, they just look like a big messy composite of mario game parts.

I dont even think TVG should have been comparing this at all to the new Mario, instead they should have made the title take a cynical outlook on the new screens based on the fact that they know they are fakes.

[ Edited by ΩRedkingΩ on 2005/3/5 14:45 ]

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

actually, thinking about it, the luigi could easily be a mario just colourised green, and changing the M to an L...it wouldnt be that hard to do. Because hes at an angle its hard to see if he is actually "stretched", as luigi is.. and even so, you could probably stretch him out sliughtly in photoshop tomake him look more luigi like, quite convincingly if you put some time into it.

Yea, because if the luigi hadnt been proved fake I may have beleived these to be real Smilie

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

Roll on E3, to dispell these fake shots of next gen games and next gen consoles once and for all. Rather tiresome, they are.

I dont think they're fake at all

1. Nintendo announced they were doing a presentation recently, although they were sposed to ban cameras.

2. The Mario there looks like SMS mario without the FLUDD, so if they are fake, thats one HELL of a good job!

Reasons for being fake howevere:

1. That wall texture looks horribly done, and looks like one of the photoshop patterns.

2. Erm Ive ran out Smilie

Overall, I reckon that they are true.

The angle of Mario looks wrong in terms of the background.

I think they are fake; although they could be something this guy has made based on the real thing.

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

2. The Mario there looks like SMS mario without the FLUDD

But there were sections of the game without FLUDD, weren't there?

Yeah, that Luigi does look like Mario (In terms of face).

Hmm...Mario in both screens still looks like it's been ripped from SMS and had some red splashed onto his arm...

And certain parts of the second screen are brighter than others. Notably the star in the 'bin', the top of the wall umbrella etc.

I'm I'n nearly positive that the object thing behind Mario in the first screen is the top of the Castle ripped from SM64.

they are claiming the new mario 128 will be a 3-d platformer if you read more of the article, and some intersting screenshots. Smilie

[ Edited by monkeyman on 2005/3/5 19:51 ]

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.