Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS
Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 06:52
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

OPERA RULES!

OPERA RULES!

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

I beg to differ my good sir's, firefox is my only babe!

Great news! And the touch screen is perfetly suited to internet use.

( Edited on 16.02.2006 13:50 by Razzell )

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

I beg to differ my good sir's, firefox is my only babe!

In what way is it superior?

In what way is it superior?

I never said it was superior, I just said it was my babe. I would never cheat on firefox, even if Opera were better! Smilie

*Strokes Browser*

( Edited on 16.02.2006 14:01 by Razzell )

Smilie
*strokes more stable browser with cleaner interface*

Senior ModeratorStaff Member

That rocks! Hopefully there will be "multimedia card" offers that have space for downloads etc.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Hold on, you can get Opera for PC, too? Smilie

Image for

Smilie

I hadn't tried opera before, never bothered but I downloaded it today and I'm loving it. Firefox still rocks and I'm more used to it, but Operas features bemuse me. Yay for voice! Yay for ultimate laziness! Smilie

yeah opera rocks

God, this has just turned into some big "I love Opera" topic.
You disgrace me.....you heard....I never thought anyone could stoop so low....

Come Firefox, let us go and make love.

Oh, and the whole idea of using the touch screen on opera may make firefox jealous...touching up another browser and all...........*Runs*

( Edited on 16.02.2006 16:29 by Razzell )

Im a firefox fangirl too, but you gotta try new things. Have a go at opera and I expect you'll be miiiighty suprised.

Opera is the best browser ever.

Sometimes a little glitchy for me....keeps randomly zooming in/out, and NO Im not using the mouse wheel + ctrl. It's stopped now tho so i dunno...

I've never used any except IE Smilie god I'm slow...

Well... I have one question... anyone know how the keyboard & toolbars will work with Opera DS?

& will the DS' TV tuner be COMPLETELY portable or will you have to be near an ariel or something Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I would say there would be keyboared option there but you can also write and the software will convert your handwriting to text.

The TV tuner will probably work like anyother portable TV and work anywere, i wouldn't get your hopes up about it coming over here cause it uses some special 1seg broadcasting thing in Japan.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Yeah the TV tuner is for a special TV broadcasting service for portable devices that isn't even running yet in Japan. I doubt we'll get anything like that here for a few years.

Nice big list of FAQs from the Opera forums

Click

FAQs
Okay, so we've been getting a lot of similar questions by journalists, fans, bloggers, gamers and everyone in between. Although we love hearing from all these excited people, I'm going to post a few of the questions (along with their answers) here for their convenience. Of course, if your question isn't answered here - ask! Smilie
This great write-up is courtesy of Opera's PR wizard, Berit (be sure to go thank her! :wink: )

Q: Will there be any way to download stuff like files, music, and all that?

A: This is not currently planned.

Q: Will Online-playable games be available for use in this Browser? You know, Runescape, World Of Warcraft, games like that? And will I be able to access my blog, forums and Web-based e-mail?

A: The browser has virtually the same level of standards support as the Opera 8.5 desktop and can access the same sites, pages and Web-based games.

Q: Will you be able to have multiple windows with different webpages, open at any time?

A: Tabbed browsing is not available in Opera Small Screen Rendering (SSR) mode.

Q: Is HTTPS supported?

A: Yes, SSL is supported.

Q: Are there page size limits? For example, the browser on my phone won't load pages over a certain filesize. Are there any restrictions like this with Opera for DS?

A: Opera is optimized to work on low memory devices and as such almost all Internet pages will load. In cases where the device does not have enough memory to load the entire page, Opera will manage this situation and the user should not notice.

Q: I assume the standard image formats: JPG, GIF, and PNG are supported.

A: Correct.

Q: Are PDF and Flash supported.

A: No

Q: Can I test the browser for you on my DS?

A: No, at this time we do not have any DS cards with Opera to loan to reporters, bloggers, etc.

Q: Will any sort of features be included in the browser to protect users from viruses lurking the Web?

A: Opera is a tremendously secure browser even on Windows. On the specialized OS in the DS, Opera should be even more protected from malicious code intended for desktop browsers.

Q: Opera will make use of the DS touch screen as a means for users to type via a keypad. Are there any other ways that the software will take advantage of the DS' twin screens?

A: Opera for NDS has two display modes: Fit-to-width and DS mode. In fit-to-width mode, Opera uses both screens for scrolling up or down a page with both screens completing the view. In DS mode, an overview of the Web page is displayed on the lower screen and a pink square can be moved around an area of the page. The area you have selected is shown on the upper screen. This is a unique way to deliver the Web to take advantage of the DS hardware configuration and Opera has worked closely with Nintendo to optimize this experience.

Q: Is it fast?

A: Of course, it's Opera :smile:

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Q: Will you be able to have multiple windows with different webpages, open at any time?

A: Tabbed browsing is not available in Opera Small Screen Rendering (SSR) mode.

Smilie
Q: Are PDF and Flash supported.
A: No

SmilieSmilie

( Edited on 17.02.2006 20:38 by grumbler )

That aint no biggy, flash support will most likely be added at some point i'd imagine.
Joe.

I guess that's not too much of a big deal... does that mean no Flash movies or something else?!

Ah.. it's a shame about the TV tuner... I'd imagine it'd do really well here... I'd definitely buy it Smilie

Hope we DO get it eventually Smilie

A lot of sites are in flash nowadays, oh well, what do I care? I've got WAP on my phoneSmilie

Shiz that's right... tons of sites use flash Smilie

Oh well... it's no biggy, I don't usually spend all my time on websites built on flash... so C3, you'd better not go flash!! Smilie

Does it support Java & Shockwave? Smilie

Indeed, flash is becoming more used, but the whole net will never go completely flash. I, myself, can't stand flash sites. With their stupid interfaces, annoying animations and hogging up my processing time...whatever happened to nicely designed nonflash sites? *sigh*

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

One Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: Which eShop Games will you Download this Week (EU)?
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
Breath of Fire
Castle Conqueror EX
Horse Vet 3D
Ittle Dew
My First Songs
Persona Q
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Talking Phrasebook
The Penguins of Madagascar
The Penguins of Madagascar
Thomas Was Alone
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is RudyC3, awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move