Web and TV for DS

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Oh... so you highlight this &... woo a 5 minute animation with futuristic sound effects! It will surely be novel & fun to do FOREVER!

I know Flash it being use more & more... I see websites using flash right before my eyes Smilie They did it with the Gaia forums...

Superlink, grow up a little. Flash is a natural growth of today's websites. Creating a website is like creating art and in art there are many forms and tools available to create it. Flash, in the website design industry, is one of these tools.
So it IS a big deal? Smilie

( Edited on 18.02.2006 17:03 by Superlink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Creating a website is like creating art and in art there are many forms and tools available to create it.

..and some of those tools are less successful than others.

Surely there was no need to attack Superlink here? I don't see where he needs to grow up?

Ahem, sorry to bump an old thread like this, but I've been having a lot of thought's about Opera, & this is the closest & newest thing to a proper "DS Opera" thread, so here I go.

So, it'll be fairly cheap, & will probably make it over here to UK eventually, maybe even this year, but there is a question that has been on my mind for a loong while, I've just never gotten around to asking it!

About viruses? Trojan Horses? Worms? Adware & Spyware?

Will anything like that have an effect on our precious DS'? I'm sure that someone would eventually attempt to make a special DS virus that eats away at the DS hardware, as Opera is merely a browser, it would have no files to infect, but couldn't it still affect your actual DS? They probably already have an answer to this, I mean the DC & PSP do it... but I'm just wondering.

Also, what about freedom? Well we already know that DS Opera doesn't support flash, so that makes a huge lists of Websites unavailabe to us, but will they AUTOMATICALLY have something that stops us from going on dodgy websites, or rude ones? We know what Nintendo is like with safety, they probably have some sort of parantal blocker thing, but wouldn't a kid either:

Tell his parants & they wouldn't bother maybe saying that they had no intrest with consoles (IF I told my mum about the function, she wouldn't bother to edit it, she never even does it for PC, so I doubt she would for DS)

Or not tell her on purpose (the most popular choice)

Or forget (if it was some innocent posh non girl liking 5 year old)

Oh noes!! Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.