Not really, I separate my role here as a mod and a member. I think its fairly obvious to anyone that, on that particular issue, we don't exactly get on that well; however, I've never abused my status as a mod because of that, or taken a biased decision as a moderator.
And it can't be the "bias" Oldschool is talking about, because my sense of dislike emerged from, among other things, being called biased.
There isn't much point in most people commenting on this to be honest- the whole debacle involved an extremely lengthy PM exchange between the both of us, as well as a lot of stuff in the mod forums, and most people do not have the facts as such.
A basic synopsis that I think Oldschool would agree to is:
1. Oni posted something anti nintendo.
2. Oldschool posted some images of dead horses being flogged along with the phrase "stop flogging a dead horse".
3. Matt viewed this as an attack on Oni and moderated as such.
4. Oldschool disagreed with that decision.
5. This effectively developed into a scenario where Oldschool believed that Oni was trolling- i.e. seeking to cause an argument, and should be moderated.
6. The moderator team disagreed- we decided the definition of trolling was too blurred, and we weren't going to effectively censor Oni.
7. On talking to Oni about it, in our view it seemed that he was posting his opinion because it was his opinion- not because he necessarily wanted an argument out of it.
8.However, we asked him to keep it to relevant topics, because we did agree that often he posted that opinion where it was off topic and unecessary.
9. Oldschool wasn't happy with the outcome, and as far as I know, this is where he believes we were biased, in as far as we disagreed that Oni was trolling. Oldschool wasn't happy to accept that decision, and so the whole thing blew up.
10. This then carried on over an extended period of time- perhaps as long as a full week, with a lengthy PM exchange.
It is that this point that I began to resent Oldschool's behaviour, not least because the argument spilled out onto the forums, and because I don't appreciate being called biased constantly. I found the argument extremely tiresome and a total waste of my time, and extremely frustrating- in my honest opinion, the mod team made a decision and he should have respected it, instead of engaging in a massive debate that went nowhere. This wasn't just my decision being debated- it was also Matts, all the others moderators, and JB's, all of whom were consulted about the problems.
The ironic thing is that the reason it went on for so long is because it was (and mainly still is) my thought that Oldschool is a good member, who posts interesting and intelligent stuff; I repeatedly refused to ban Oldschool because of this.
In essence, you might think my posts are a bit ott in this thread, but they're the culmination of a heck of a lot of unecessary frustration that was dumped on my plate when we were pretty understaffed- Matt and I were the only active mods, and I had A-Level exams on. People seem to make the mistake of believing that I actually cared about the conflict between Oni and Oldschool- I only cared to the extent that I didn't want it to disrupt the forum. However, the mod team at the time made a decision, I believed it was the right one, and I refused to change it just to end an argument. Changing my mind would have meant setting a precedent for C3 where opinions could be labelled as offensive, trolling, without any hint of overt aggression whatsoever, and while that might suit some of you, it sounded pretty shite to me.
Essentially, I felt that Oni deserved the right to post his opinion, negative or positive, as does everyone else, so I defended his right to do that. Not to be rude, or derogatory, and if you look at the reason why he was banned, you'll see it was that, and not his opinions.