C3's missing members

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Simes said:
I'm back too, i missed this place and all the people. You mentioned me first Marzy I'm touched.
I'm pretty sure I remember you, Simes. Welcome back. Smilie

( Edited 30.10.2017 05:41 by Guest )

It's been a year Mush but I remember you too, I remember mostly everyone. Thanks it's good to be back Smilie

Simes said:
It's been a year Mush but I remember you too, I remember mostly everyone. Thanks it's good to be back Smilie
It's good to have you back. Smilie

I peak at you all every so often.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Got bored so I counted 77 former regular posters on here alone that don't or rarely post anymore(including MGE; the threads founder), imagine the traffic this site would get if they still did.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I MISS PK MONGOOSE WHERE DID HE GO

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Stulaw said:
Got bored so I counted 77 former regular posters on here alone that don't or rarely post anymore(including MGE; the threads founder), imagine the traffic this site would get if they still did.

Dang, that seems like a pretty big part of the community.

SuperLink said:
I MISS PK MONGOOSE WHERE DID HE GO

Tony seems to be busy with University, him and Keven were great on here.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Stulaw said:
Tony seems to be busy with University, him and Keven were great on here.

I kinda was too.. or rather University distracted me from things.
I hope they pop up again sometime though.

( Edited 30.10.2017 05:42 by Guest )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Well with E3 coming up, Linkyshinks sending me messages to come back to C3, and seeing Mush ask where have I been. I figured I should come and see everyone's opinion on the Wii-U once it's Shown. Seeing as I've always held this forum (The first gaming forum I've ever posted in) at a higher standard than others.Smilie

The site isn't what it once was...but it can get back there in time. It's good to see you back J Tang, make sure you pop by during E3, I expect there will be lot of positives to discuss as far a Nintendo is concerned.

Hey guys,

I doubt many (if anyone) remembers me. I've been a member since 2005, but I got away from the site for quite a few years. I was 15 when I joined and I am turning 22 next week (holy crap...). Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and let people know I'm officially back! Smilie

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Uh....where do I start....

Man, reading through this thread though....nostalgia... 

Someone needs to bake some cakes so we can entice awesome people back. Smilie

Maybe now GAF is fucked, people might start coming back here, hmm? lol

Saying that, we need a Cubed3 that doesn't decide to take 2 minutes to load its pages constantly first.

( Edited 30.10.2017 05:43 by Guest )

I guess since the site lost its Nintendo focus/news it probably lost all the die hard Nintendo fans. 

There's so many people that I hadn't thought about in yonks! I don't even know where most of these people are at these days and we all used to chat every day!

Phoenom said:
Someone needs to bake some cakes so we can entice awesome people back. Smilie

Lol, love the Mario 64 reference Smilie

Nah, most people just got busy, got jobs, moved on with life, etc. Many moved on to other places much popular, like GAF, social media, etc. Cubed3 didn't really grow as a site and didn't do much to attract people in and move with the times. Limited resources as a voluntary site, etc. With a bit of money behind it and people making C3 a full time job, it coulda grown into something with a steady community. Instead, it's just more or less a reviews site that isn't expanding to pull people in. It's great it's still going, but don't think there's much it can do to get back to the old days now.

We need the news back and news pieces. I remember back in the day I'd read every news article and piece on the site, and now I just scroll through movies, magazines, and PS4/XB1/PC reviews. 

Although I agree the vast majority of people have moved on I would say that Nintendo is back en-vogue and I would have thought that this would be enough leverage to push the site back to where it was!

The Nintendo stuff never went away. It's all still there. Once the people go tho, it's hard to bring them back. Look where everyone who left is posting now - they all found new communities on GAF, Twitter, Twitch, and even Backloggery. The site has needed a big revision in the last few years, but it's way behind and seemingly too little too late now, even if we got a new site this or next year.

As for news - nobody wants to spend their free time posting it. It's not the easiest backend site to work with, and since people don't get paid at C3, there's no motivation for anyone to do anything. Back in the day when we were all growing up with nothing better to do, it was alright. These days, keeping on top of all the news is too time consuming and boring, especially when people have little free time. Who wants to spend their time off in the backend of a site trying to post news people have already read elsewhere?

I'd love for it all to go back to the popular days, but they're gone. I'm just glad the site's even still functioning lol.

Deep!

Yea, I guess I have you and a few of the others on Twitter and on my Nintendo Network. I guess we are all time poor. I try to spend less of my free time on forums these days anyway. I'd rather use that time playing games. 

It's true, the Nintendo reviews are there I guess. Although most sites are doing video reviews and playthroughs so C3 is behind in this, although I know Rudy and others are trying to help with this.

Perhaps I was interested in the news and the debate that it would bring. I see all the webskins and ads, so the site must still be ticking over some money. I guess as long as it does that it will continue to function right?

I think so. As long as we still have people able to work on the site, it will keep going. And we still get the review codes coming in for the most part, so that's good. The only problem is that it gets difficult for some staff (myself included) to keep on top of it outside of our real jobs. That's also limited us moving with the times and having the gear and time to do video reviews, and whatever else it is sites do today in this hip age.

With any luck, Jorge will hopefully have a basic new site up this year we can look forward to. Hoo-rah!

Hey C3ers,
Just passing and saw this so thought i would say hi. Not posted anything on here in years but so cool that its still going.

Merry Crimbo to the old guard and all the C3ers i never knew, Cheers

MKWii FC 4081-5636-6351 <<-- add me SSBB FC 2707-3062-7319 <<-- add me

Merry Christmas Shagster!!

Is this VR?

I'm looking for someone called Marzy.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.