Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS
Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 12:53
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

For those who didn't know I'd just like to brag about my new job, as a games tester for EA! Smilie

This link doesn't work Don't click this link, it doesn't work

seriously? I wondered why an ea game was game of the year for you... (j/k)

nice- bring insider knowledge. Smilie

Heaps cool! You can send all their games back until they're actually good!

Just kidding, I'd be thrilled to have a job like that!

Darling fascist bully-boy,
Give me some more money, you bastard.
May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman,
Neil.

give me some inside info!!
Oh will this mean you get to Play Return of the king. if so tell me what you think!

"Oh will this mean you get to Play Return of the king. "

maybe not. If I am right games testers can be asigned to one game... and they have to play it over and over...

Yep we get one project till it's finished I think (I'll know more when I start obviously) and it may not even be a GC game. But hey, I'm getting paid to play games, who's complaining???? Smilie

Peletboy wrote:
I'm getting paid to play games, who's complaining???? Smilie

Son of a...-

Lucky sod, what's the pay like?

Cubed Reporter / News, Article, & Download Administrator / Forum Moderator / Writer / Head of PR

Michael Moore | Bowling For Columbine | Jebus Is Lord

It's only

Damn lucky basted, WHY CAN I NOT BE YOU!!!!!???????

cos thenwho would I be?

Ummmmm, you coud be.................. MY CAT!!!, So how 'bout it, is it a trade? Smilie

Sounds very, very nice indeed. Wait, what's in it for EA?! Smilie Smilie Smilie

Cubed Reporter / News, Article, & Download Administrator / Forum Moderator / Writer / Head of PR

They got someone making sure their games dont turn out crap. hey PB please try and get info on return of the King ive seen a few screen shots and im really looking forward to it.

Ohhh, i've heard rumors about the title named "an EA title that's good"

But just by the name, i doubt it's going to happen.

Then again, there was FIFA 2003, which was a pretty Kick-ass game!

Nice one PB. I can think of worse ways to earn a living.......banking for example.

Old Man / Font of all useless knowledge

Banking's not very good?! Darnit! My frickin' parents are putting so much pressure on me to go into banking! Smilie Smilie

JEbUS wrote:
Banking's not very good?! Darnit! My frickin' parents are putting so much pressure on me to go into banking! Smilie Smilie

Truth to tell, banking is a very vague definition. I spent 18 years at a large clearer (Lloyds) and the last 6 months at a much smaller bank. Of course there is Merchant Banking, brokers, leasing, etc as well. The other thing is that if you go into it as a graduate, there is a fair amount of fast-tracking. I started at 18 and it would be fair to say that I have not exactly had a meteoric rise in my career. Still, it pays the bills.

Old Man / Font of all useless knowledge

i saw the building- it was in the sunday times' best employers- very nice.

Ohhh, i've heard rumors about the title named "an EA title that's good"

Hey, there are a lot of good EA games (and I'm not just saying that cos I work for them.)

Tiger Woods is my personal favourite on the GC, NHL 2003, Madden 2003 and SSX Tricky. Fifa is not a bad footy game (but isn't awsome), NBA Street is a lot of fun.
Fair enough some of their games are rehashed rubbish but I do think they had an unfairly bad reputation.

Oh and being your cat would be cool but I've decided to be a particularly unflexible cat which means you have to lick the places I can't reach! Still wanna trade? Smilie

Congrats on the new job PB, thats some good work if you can get it, and you have! Smilie

Best of luck! Smilie

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Some questions...

1. How old are you?
2. What did you have to do to get the job?

Ask them if there is an EA office in Adelaide, Australia! please?

Neil.

I'm 23, to get the job I saw an advert in the local paper. (i'm forutnate to have the EA European HQ basically on my doorsetp).

I applied (sending in my CV), the requirements were I think 5 GCSE's A-C.
They called me and arranged an 'interview'.
I say 'interview' because it lasted 5-6 hours and consisted of firstly 3 apptitude tests measuring Verbal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Info Accuracy.

If you passed these then (the group cut form 12 to 6) went into a group exercise. This was basically to see how we contributed to discussions. We were given the scenario of being stranded on the moon, 4 days from our mother ship. We had to decide from a list of 15 objects which 10 we would take on the trip and list thier inportance 1-10.

The fianl 6 then had a face to face interview consisting of the normal interview questions.

They rang me 4 days later and gave me the good news.

Sorry Soad, only Eurpoe, America and Canada have the HQ's.

Goddammit!

Neil.

where abouts is the Europe HQ? DO they actually make games in Enlgland?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire - Which version will you buy?
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Both
Neither
Pokémon?
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is Flynnie, awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move