Xbox Live Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

wAyNe - sTaRT said:
Smilie I\'ve only got 100 points on Oblivion as I\'m at the beginning. Is there anyway to force myself back into the game as I just can\'t get into it anymore?

Just worry less about the storyline, I guess. The main storyline in Elder Scrolls is always really crap. The genius of the series (well, the two that I\'ve played) is that you can really just ignore the main quest and go about your business, doing whatever you want. Oblivion is especially good for this. I go about by day, doing good deeds for people (side quests and such), and then by night I burgle their houses. It\'s excellent sneaking about in the night picking the locks on people\'s back doors and so forth.

I suggest ignoring the waypoint arrow entirely and just going \'where the wind takes you\', as it were. I\'d also suggest giving much less of a toss about achievements. You\'ll ruin all your games if all you do is go round ticking all the achievements off the list. Just play the game as you damn well feel like it, and if in the process you complete some achievements- so be it.

iPhoen said:
Mart7n, what are the online features for Bioshock & Rez? I\'ve got both but haven\'t tried them online yet, though I\'d be happy to try their features with you. Smilie

Not much, really. Rez is just leaderboards, and BioShock has some downloadable plasmids. Nothing multiplayer.

iPhoen said:
I think Ikaruga on XBLA has online co-op, outside of that though I\'d definitely suggest you get it, it\'s a brilliant game, and nails hard too. Smilie

Yeah, I\'ll probably get that at some point. I already had it on my Dreamcast though. I\'ve already got a bunch of games that I\'ve previously owned. I\'m trying to buy ones I\'ve not played before.

( Edited 22.12.2008 22:46 by Martin_ )

Hopefully I'll be getting a Gold subscription soon (namely Christmas)

Gamertag: The Smoking Gnu

Games:
Bioshock
Gears of War
Dead Rising
Blue Dragon
Lost Oddysey
Kameo
Banjo Kazooie: N&B
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Too Human

Banjo Kazooie
Braid
Exit

GTA IV arrived this morning. I installed it to my 360 hard drive Smilie

Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I'm gonna be online tonight, playing any combination of GTAIV, COD4, RE5, or Far Cry 2. Could be argued into playing Bankshot Billards 2 with someone.

gamertag spursboy94

Added you. What do you tend to play? I will, from this day forth, play XBL more frequently, for I have finally gotten off my arse and acquired an ethernet router. So I no longer have to go to the extreme hassle of unplugging my PC from my modem, reseting my modem, plugging it into the Xbox, allowing the modem to sit for a moment to configure to it, and then playing XBL. Now I can just play it whenever I want.

Ma' tag is Pointfex and I play:
LOTR Conquest
CoD4 (much better than WaW)
Far Cry 2
CAstle Crashers

Project Trico Love
"Please keep all comments clean and friendly!"- C3 Bot
No chance of that.

I'll be getting my xbox online soon, 2 months after I got it. Finally cancelling this shitty AOL connection that I've had for years. I know you'll all be dying to add me! Smilie

RobsyVulcan1990.

I play Halo 3, FIFA 09, Burnout Paradise, PES2009, will be getting Bioshock and Resi 5 in the near future.

Rosby we need to Fifa 09 it up. Despite owning a lot of really good online games, I've become addicted to 09 online and I've been having some epic best of 3s and 5s lately.

Don't worry, I'm still shit. Smilie

I'm shockingly bad apparently, got beat 2-0 by some guy playing as Atletico Madrid and haven't been back on since. I still have bad PES habits and can't seem to get my head around the more physical nature of FIFA, ie getting wrestled off the ball every ten seconds. I'll still play you though Smilie

I am better at Halo 3 than I thought though, moved up ranks pretty quick and I seem to be a million times better than a lot of people on there...

Robsy said:
I'm shockingly bad apparently, got beat 2-0 by some guy playing as Atletico Madrid and haven't been back on since. I still have bad PES habits and can't seem to get my head around the more physical nature of FIFA, ie getting wrestled off the ball every ten seconds. I'll still play you though Smilie

I am better at Halo 3 than I thought though, moved up ranks pretty quick and I seem to be a million times better than a lot of people on there...

Well it certainly was a very close trilogy we just had there! Great fun. Smilie

I know what you mean about PES habits, I suffered from exactly the same thing for months. I'm pretty sure I've acclimatized to Fifa now though - I tried out the PES 09 demo again yesterday and it felt extremely odd.

I just got Naruto: Broken Bond and Bad Company.

I played one online ranked match of Battlefield and got my ass handed to me, i'll pick it up though.

Not tried Naruto online yet though.

TheStratMan said:
Robsy said:

Well it certainly was a very close trilogy we just had there! Great fun. Smilie

I know what you mean about PES habits, I suffered from exactly the same thing for months. I'm pretty sure I've acclimatized to Fifa now though - I tried out the PES 09 demo again yesterday and it felt extremely odd.

Think I hit the post twice in all three matches too, super unlucky Smilie That Torres bicycle kick in the first match though was awesome, never scored a goal on Fifa like that.

Robsy said:

Think I hit the post twice in all three matches too, super unlucky Smilie That Torres bicycle kick in the first match though was awesome, never scored a goal on Fifa like that.

Make no mistake, that was pure fluke. Nonetheless, I was very proud of it. Smilie

And yeah the numerous post-hitters were very unlucky! For quite a few of them I think I brought my keeper out too, so they would have been almost certain goals.

Look forward to the next one! Smilie

Edit - Wonder how many C3ers have Fifa 09? I\'m sure there\'s at least a few more, maybe we could get a tournement going. Smilie

( Edited 31.01.2009 20:22 by TheStratMan )

i have fifa 09 and would like 2 play u all

I bought Beautiful Katamari off Play.com last night. It should be with me mid-week. Anyone have that? I also bought COD4 a few days ago, and have been playing it online quite a lot. Initially I thought that I had bought the game too late, as everyone is already level 40-odd at least, and they all had great perks and weapons. but I stuck at it, and now I'm already level 13, and I'm getting pretty good at it. I've never played such a perfectly-balanced FPS online. Infinity Ward really did a cracking job with the online component of COD4.

Martin_ said:
I bought Beautiful Katamari off Play.com last night. It should be with me mid-week. Anyone have that? I also bought COD4 a few days ago, and have been playing it online quite a lot. Initially I thought that I had bought the game too late, as everyone is already level 40-odd at least, and they all had great perks and weapons. but I stuck at it, and now I'm already level 13, and I'm getting pretty good at it. I've never played such a perfectly-balanced FPS online. Infinity Ward really did a cracking job with the online component of COD4.

Send me an invite if you need any help, I'm a religious CoD4 player online so I can give you a few tips here and there.

Project Trico Love
No chance of that.

spursboy94 said:
i have fifa 09 and would like 2 play u all

Great - will probably challenge you to a best of three next time I see you online. Smilie

Pointfex said:
Martin_ said:

Send me an invite if you need any help, I'm a religious CoD4 player online so I can give you a few tips here and there.

I'm shite at CoD4 but I'd still be up for a couple of games.

I'll add you Stratman and I'll send Martin and Dartmonkey a invite when we are all on at some point, I need to test how good you guys are. (I know about Dartmonkey's skill level already).

Project Trico Love
No chance of that.

Smilie I said I yo-yo.Smilie

Less posty, more gamey.

Another religious COD4 player here.

Dart' knows how I play, I tend to imitate his yo-yo style.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Image for

I has shit load of gaymes. Almost online everyday.

dartmonkey said:
Smilie I said I yo-yo.Smilie
I can\'t really say anything because I tend to yo-yo alot as well, with Slydevil added we have enough for a 5 man team.

( Edited 02.02.2009 14:19 by Pointfex )

Project Trico Love
No chance of that.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.