sweet jeebus, its a ds lite black!

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/19/the-black-ds-lite-in-the-flesh/

my gosh, how yummy does this look? the top reminds me of an ipod though with the mass amount of fingerprint marks Smilie

Smilie wow very nice!!!
i like the buttons they look better then the original DS!!!!

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Although the thing looks awesome, I still don't see the point in buying it when you already have a DS. The SP was understandable, there were alot of changes to that, e.g Size, flip-top, backlit screen, rechargable. The DS lite changes are smaller and brighter screen. That's it.

Loving the sig N_M, Anchorman is a favourite of mine Smilie "60% of the time it works.. every time." Smilie

hating the name though N_m

Ive held a white DSlite and there was a fingerprints issue with that. So im not sure what colour to get. I think i'll just ask to look at both.

Also remember to look for dead pixels when you buy it as some people have reported Dead pixels from the moment you turn the system on

Dead Pixels

( Edited on 20.06.2006 02:05 by C3 Naked Man )

argh, my ds phat blue has two dead pixels, one red at the top and blue at the bottom. its good to see they have fixed the problem with lite Smilie

Im getting a white one so you cant see the smuges. Oh and it looks more modern.

Although the thing looks awesome, I still don't see the point in buying it when you already have a DS. The SP was understandable, there were alot of changes to that, e.g Size, flip-top, backlit screen, rechargable. The DS lite changes are smaller and brighter screen. That's it.

For me it's the screen brightness an dthe fact it's smaller. I take my DS everywhere and a lighter version would certainly make playing Phoenix Wright on the move much easier...

plus look how shiny it is!

My reason to buy was because I bought my original from the US and soon after used a screen protector. It now has a dead pixel, the touch screen has small bits of adhesive where the protector was and my L button is getting loose.

Not to mention the lighter weight of the Lite and the adjustable screen.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

*Must resist urge to buy a Black DS Lite*

Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Fuck me! Something about those pictures you just posted have single-handedly persuaded me to go to the dark side nin10do. Maybe it's those slick looking title screens against the matte black innards...Smilie

I know, I'll purchase a sexy little cloth to wipe the 'prints off! That way I can also find out if any wiseguy decides to steal 15 minutes with my preciousSmilie

A little dedicated cloth for Darth DS - Christ, that's the geekiest thing I've ever thought of. Next I'll be hoping Nintendo release an Oakley-esque slipcase for it that's made from some sexy print-removing material and...

Smilie

Kill me. NowSmilie

Less posty, more gamey.

I know what you mean, artmonkey. I've just completely changed my mind about which colour to get. The black really looks sleek. Smilie

Am I the only one who wanted a black one in the first place? >_> I won't be getting it until after I've bought all the other things I want though...
The blue light in this pic looks great too: Smilie

Z0MG T3h Wii C0N5P1R4CY!!!11

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

The white reminds me of Apple so i like that, besides I just got a DS lite 2 days ago. believe me when i say it's sexy!
i wonder if it's possible to pry off the covers and put on new ones?

nin10do said:
*Must resist urge to buy a Black DS Lite*Smilie

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Now I want one even more!!

Pros: Better than PSP
Cooler looking than PSP
Less emarassing to carry around
Smaller
Brighter
better resolution
Sexier (undenyably)
Wii like it.

Cons: Umm....... If you have a DSL & your friend has a PSP, you can't link up, look it up folks. It's a fact. Smilie

Well, I can't wait for My birthday in December then! But until then, I'll have to eye up my bro's black one (I'm gettin' a White one Smilie)

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I still prefer the white, to be honest. It is mighty lovely, though. For now though, I refuse to be a consumer whore and will stick with my original DS!

It's sooooooo sexy... I'm DEFINITELY getting one. Gonna sell my old DS though to get some money to support me in buying oneSmilie The black one fits in right with all my clothes.

And anyone notice the screen is even brighter than PSP'sSmilie

MWUAHAHAHA!

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Tis a good looking portable, but like Mason I am trying to stop myself from buying it!

I like the look of the black one on the outside very nicely, but I don't like the sort of matte finish on the inside...so I think I prefer the white...

BTW, is the battery power > or < than the DS'? Smilie

The Nintendo DS Lite has four levels of brightness. The battery will last 15-19 hours on the lowest settings, and 5-8 hours on the brightest.This can also vary depending on the type of game activity.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Mason said:
I still prefer the white, to be honest. It is mighty lovely, though. For now though, I refuse to be a consumer whore and will stick with my original DS!

Go on mate, pull on those fishnet stocking, stroll into GAME and be the nasty consumer whore you want to be Smilie

Blade2t3 said:
The Nintendo DS Lite has four levels of brightness. The battery will last 15-19 hours on the lowest settings, and 5-8 hours on the brightest.This can also vary depending on the type of game activity.

So.... is that bad?! o.0

4 levels of brightness... how can we toggle them? At the Title screen for the DSL? I assume that the normal DS birhgtness level will take up the same battery as the normal DS...

but 5-8 hours is kinda sucky for the highest brightness, meh, it could be annoying to toggle the brightness all the time, I hope you can set a default. & the level that lasts 15-19 hours... I assume that's when the light is OFF Smilie

must...resist...urge...to...buy...only bought blue ds 3 months ago...

I might have to wait to christmas though cause If im gonna be buying a Wii I wont be able to afford one. Dont forget all the cool games coming out for Wii so it will cost a bomb if you wont all the good ones as well as the Wii.

No problem! I'm saving up for the Wii with my own dosh, hopefully gonna grab one on the release day, & then get a DSL for my Birthday a month later! Smilie

Didn't know that, good stuff, sadly another reason to want one though.

Go on mate, pull on those fishnet stocking, stroll into GAME and be the nasty consumer whore you want to be

Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.