Death penalty for Saddam Hussein

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been convicted of crimes against humanity by a Baghdad court and sentenced to death by hanging.

He was found guilty over his role in the killing of 148 people in the mainly Shia town of Dujail in 1982.

His brother Barzan al-Tikriti was also sentenced to death, as was Iraq's former chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bander

Former vice-president Taha Yassin Ramadan got life in jail and three others received 15 year prison terms.

Another co-defendant, Baath party official Mohammed Azawi Ali, was acquitted.

Saddam Hussein shouted out "Allahu Akbar!" (God is Greatest) and "Long live Iraq. Long live the Iraqi people!" after the judge announced the verdict.

Correspondents say the former leader looked visibly shocked as the sentence was passed, but the BBC's world affairs editor John Simpson said that as he was led away Saddam Hussein seemed to have a small smile on his face.

"It was as if he was thinking 'I've come here and done what I intended to do'," our correspondent said.

Discuss.

(Hopes there is not a similar thread)

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

Looks like they'll be hanging something else apart from decorations this christmas...

*BA-DUM-PSCH*

Looks like they'll be hanging something else apart from decorations this christmas...

You shrewd fox you.

Anyway, I wonder whether it will be publicly viewable or behind closed doors.

( Edited on 05.11.2006 10:28 by Monkeyman )

That's terrible, they shouldn't hang him or kill him at all. That just makes them as bad as each other. No one deserves to die even if they have commited a seriouse crime. Why cant they give him life inprisoment which will actually feel worse because he has to live through it but if they kill him he wont suffer at all apart from the few seconds before he dies.

he wont suffer at all apart from the few seconds before he dies.

Being hung, I imagine, is probarly one of the worst ways to go. Dangling from a rope, with no air supply, waiting to die. It must seem like an eternity...

Butt knowing Saddam hewill probably enjoy it the sick fuck.

i hope he gets hung infront of all the families he has destroyed just so that they can get the little satisfaction and revenge as hhis last breathe drains out of his worthless scumbag ridden little body the cowardly piece of shit.

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Takeo said:
Butt knowing Saddam hewill probably enjoy it the sick fuck.i hope he gets hung infront of all the families he has destroyed just so that they can get the little satisfaction and revenge as hhis last breathe drains out of his worthless scumbag ridden little body the cowardly piece of shit.

That just makes you just as sick. Smilie

Marzy said:
Takeo said:Butt knowing Saddam hewill probably enjoy it the sick fuck.i hope he gets hung infront of all the families he has destroyed just so that they can get the little satisfaction and revenge as hhis last breathe drains out of his worthless scumbag ridden little body the cowardly piece of shit.
That just makes you just as sick. Smilie

Actually you're the sicko for wanting saddam to live, even if it was in prison...Smilie

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

I am sick, i can admit that. I enjoy gory films or movies like Borat (PMSL btw, greatest movie ever!). Differance is, i would never kidnap and kill a entire football team and their families because they lost by 1 goal to the best team i nthe world. I would never gas an entire village because one person didnt vote for me. I would never try to start a Holy War on the entirity of the Western world because i got fucking bored.

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

I don't agree with the death penalty. For one, I don't think people should decide on whether someone should live or die. I think the worst punishment for him would be to lock him up in a crappy small room for the rest of his life.

Things as big as this though always have twists and turns in it. I don't think this story is over yet.

Woooooooo!!!

Do what they want with him, its not going to change a damn thing.

So you're saying the 148(+) lives he took are insignificant compared to his life? Kill him, he deserves it.

Im going to be called the overall person of sick here, but i dont think theres a reason why he should get this sort of treatment, hes not that bad a person.

Okay, go on, flame me Smilie

Wo33eR ::: Wo33eR.CoM Website :: Cubed-3 :: [ General Writer :: Reveiwer ]

34,723/1,119,437 - World :: 6,399/137,860 - UK

... what.

And how's that?

Life in prison is so much worse than the death penalty.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Speaking from personal experience there?

Smilie

Anyway it was the only conclusion. He's guilty and that's the penalty in Iraq, it's not like they'd find him innocent and let him resume power Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Speaking from personal experience there?

I would assume. Smilie

( Edited on 05.11.2006 12:20 by Soundworks )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

"I call on Iraqis to be in harmony and work on evicting the invaders," and, "I ask you, being an Iraqi person, that if you reach a verdict of death, execution, remember that I am a military man and should be killed by firing squad and not by hanging as a common criminal."

They killed him the way he didnt want to die, harsh.

I dont think anyone should be killed, noone has such a power that they can play god and decide who lives and who dies, its an insult that its concidered fair and reasonable to ignore that its fine as long as its done this way.

Sure leave him in prison for the rest of his days, but he should still die in his own time.

Phil :: CSF said:
Looks like theyll be hanging something else apart from decorations this christmas...*BA-DUM-PSCH*

Haha hilarious phil, sick but funny Smilie

Robsy said:
So youre saying the 148(+) lives he took are insignificant compared to his life? Kill him, he deserves it.

Killing someone is never a solution, its never the right choice. Anyhow, i wouldnt be even slightly surprised if it was announced the bush-man was not just as evil in similar terms of reason.

Yet another report has been released concluding that Saddam Hussein never had any Weapons of Mass Destruction, and that Bush made the whole thing up just to steal Iraq's oil.

So let's recap: There are no WMD's in Iraq. There are no terrorists in Iraq. Even the bogus charge that Saddam gassed the Kurds won't stick, since everyone knows that Donald Rumsfeld actually gave him the chemicals and the orders to carry it out.

In my eyes i dont see anything as truth any more, in some cases theres little choice but to go it, but never to the point where death is a fair punishment. Theres loads of shite how hes a president and should not be treated like a common criminal, and in a way its true.

He was hunted down for having weapons of mass destruction, which he did not have, america told him to give himself up so that they could no doubt do all they have done, and being innocent he thought screw it, come and get me - fair play.

America has weapons of mass destruction, i trust them about as much as i trust a chimp with them.

... I might not be too far from that after all. Smilie

Wo33eR ::: Wo33eR.CoM Website :: Cubed-3 :: [ General Writer :: Reveiwer ]

34,723/1,119,437 - World :: 6,399/137,860 - UK

Good.

Robsy said:
So youre saying the 148(+) lives he took are insignificant compared to his life? Kill him, he deserves it.

I really disagree with the death penalty, no matter what crime has been commited.

As a society, we have taken the power to expell people from our society with the prison system - although I don't think that we can give ourselves the power to kill each other.

I don't think the answer to violence in this world is more violence.

Killing someone is never a solution, its never the right choice. Anyhow, i wouldnt be even slightly surprised if it was announced the bush-man was not just as evil in similar terms of reason.

Let's not start being retarded now. I hate Bush arguments. If he was such a crap president, why did they vote him in a second term?

Death is the right solution. It would solve overcrowded prisons, lower the crime rate dramatically, and be proper justice for those families who lost a good, innocent mother/father/sister/brother/grandmother/grandfather...

The fact that a hell of a lot of people in this country want the death penalty back says something really, doesn't it?

we have taken the power to expell people from our society with the prison system

Quite evidently, the prison system isn't working. What's your idea to solve the overcrowding issue?

The whole justice sytem is corrupt in this country, a muderer can be out of prison within months with all these poncy judges.

( Edited on 05.11.2006 12:57 by Rob

Agreed! If i had any stars to give id give you one!

In alot of cases death is not the answer, such as stealing bread or w/e. But in the case of murder/mass murder/Genocide then it definatly is. Saddam is an evil man who does not deserve the gift of life. He was given it and HE played god when HE took all those INNOCENT lives.

Saddam is an evil man, no doubt in prison he would be killed by one of the inmates getting a bit too bottom friendly i nthe communial showers, atleast this way it will be legal, not causing more death and crime.

Robsy said:Whats your idea to solve the overcrowding issue?

Society should be striving to tackle the underpinning social problems, instead of just throwing people into cells.

I think it's rediculous to say, "There's no room for any more prisoners, let's start killing some of them."

Just as Saddam cannot justify taking the lives of those that he did, neither can we justify taking his.

As for justice, do you really think that the loss of a loved one can be medicated by more murder?

Let's not start being retarded now. I hate Bush arguments. If he was such a crap president, why did they vote him in a second term?

Because he appealled to the mob....thats forgetting the fact that he quite possibly cheated in the 1st election. You think your average american citizen is King Solomon? Most of them blank out when they hear statistics. But when the romantacised stories on war and terrorists, they suddenly care and see Bush as their savior. Its like communist propoganda all over.

Saddam was an evil guy, but he was merely a fucked creation of the American government. You kill him or no, the world is not going to become a better place.

Death is the right solution. It would solve overcrowded prisons, lower the crime rate dramatically, and be proper justice for those families who lost a good, innocent mother/father/sister/brother/grandmother/grandfather...

Do you honestly think he's that worried about death? He thinks he believes he's going to heavan. Its not going to solve anything. If you want him to suffer for what he did (not that will do anything), death is not the answer. Something along the lines of the main character in 1984 will serve him right. But still, he's just the visible monster. There are worse people out there, more so than bush or Saddam.

( Edited on 05.11.2006 13:39 by Z )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.