Non 480p Games List

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

These are the Wii games that are known not to support 480p/progressive scan/EDTV as well as those that lack proper wide-screen and PAL60. They will look awful on an HDTV and will be completely incompatible with progressive scan only displays like PC monitors. It shows complete lack of care on the behalf of the developer. When told that many Wii games weren't going to have progressive scan and wide-screen a Wii developer commented: "Lame. It's not hard.".

Please help by posting games you know are not prog scan/wide-screen/60hz, or if I've made any mistakes.

I'm not going to cover the VC (it's a nightmare for 60hz etc.) but somebody else is welcome to do one in a separate post and we can arrange for the thread to be trimmed so that it's under this one. Any volunteers?

The following games do not support Progressive Scan:
Ant Bully, The
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The
Call of Duty 3
Gotlieb Pinball Classics
Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Metal Slug Anthology
Madworld
Rampage:Total Destruction
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids (despite what it says in the manual)
Super Swing Pangya Golf (pangya)
Scarface
Tigar Woods 07 (PAL version)

The following games do not support Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio):
Ant Bully, The
Bleach: The Shattered Blade
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Gotlieb Pinball Classics
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The
Kororinpa
Mario Party 8
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Fruitfall
Super Swing Golf (pangya)
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
WarioWare: Smooth Moves

The following games do not support PAL 60hz:
Call of Duty 3
Madworld
Scarface

( Edited 16.09.2010 22:10 by Raff )

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

I can see that it'd be irritating for those with the facilities...doesn't bother me enough to boycot them though...but still...annoying.

In an interview with the developers of trauma centre they said they were thinking about having widescreen but due to the nature of the game it would have altered levels slightly and they would have to sort of remake the whole game for widescreen. So i can see why that wasn't implementated,
Why ravin rbbids has to 480p is very odd though considering they said they put most of there resources into making the wii version Smilie

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Ghost-in-the-Snow said:
I can see that itd be irritating for those with the facilities...doesnt bother me enough to boycot them though...but still...annoying.

It's the principle mainly. The developer is effectively saying:

I'm short sighted and lazy, and you're ignorant and don't care about quality.

In an interview with the developers of trauma centre they said they were thinking about having widescreen but due to the nature of the game it would have altered levels slightly and they would have to sort of remake the whole game for widescreen.

There should still be a widescreen mode though to stop it stretching on cheaper TVs and monitors, even if it's just with black bars either side.

( Edited on 19.11.2006 16:07 by Cleetus )

Luckily IGN stated a while back they were taking a tough stnce on this, and said they'd do their best to bitch and whine to developers to put in 480p and widescreen.

( Edited on 19.11.2006 16:10 by Amazingjanet )

Yeah, they're the source for those ones I found.

Dear oh dear oh dear oh DEAR!! Still, as long as this dosn't set a precedent for other Wii games.

Yeah, the vast majority of games will do it, and most of the ones that don't will be rubbish ones we won't care about anyway.

( Edited on 19.11.2006 16:14 by Cleetus )

So... what does everyone think of the wii not supporting HD?

Smilie

Wii is teh suxxorz!

Still thought, kind of proves that the Wii is a GC 1.5, tech-wise. Otherwise these kind of things wouldn't even be thought about, they'd just be on every single game as standard.

It because:

a) The Wii is being marketed at people who don't know anything about anything and pride themselves on their ignorance

b) Nintendo aren't enforcing progressive scan

c) There is no VGA support. If there was, loads of people would use it and there would be a huge number of people who would not be able to play non-prog scan games. This is why it's so high on the Dreamcast.

( Edited on 19.11.2006 16:54 by Cleetus )

I guess we can always hope that the European versions will get 480p since they have a bit of extra time with them...

Oh shi- I forgot! Eveyone HATES us Smilie

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

I hate it when game manuals lie, worms 3D said it could use 2-4 controllers simultaneously but it dosn't you have to hotswap (which really bugs me) checked the website and it was just listed as an error.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

The following games do not support Progressive Scan:
Rayman Raving Rabbids (despite what it says in the manual)

What the fuck? I thought there was a law against saying you product can do a certain thing, when you can't?

There's marketing laws and all sortsa things isn't there? False consumer advertising? Fleh...

Nintendo should/are likely to make it a requirement that devs use widescreen or make the games 480p compatible. MS and Sony may have gone a tad overboard in the sense of making it necessary with their respective consoles, but if it can do it (HD, Pro Scan), why not use it?

Smilie

*Sigh*

And raving rabbits looked so good up until then.

I'm not going to bitch at Trauma Centre, the game dynamics require the screen to e set out in a particular fashion, but...

Still, I first of all need a 480p TV, unless some bright spark releases a VGA box.

you can add "virtual console" to the listsSmilie

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

I've read that virtual console upscales old stuff to 480p over component..?

Z said:
The following games do not support Progressive Scan:Rayman Raving Rabbids (despite what it says in the manual)
What the fuck? I thought there was a law against saying you product can do a certain thing, when you cant?

Could be all sorts of reasons, printing error, perhaps the game developers said that the game would have 480p and the guys making the manual put it in, then suddenly they ran out of time, perhaps it automatically switches to 480p (the wii has built in settings so you dont have to change every game individually, just set it up in the main options) or the options menu is too well hidden.....

GR781 said:
Ive read that virtual console upscales old stuff to 480p over component..?

One would hope so, all the PC emulators do. I'm pretty sure the N64 Zelda games were progressive scan on the Cube discs. It doesn't make a huge amount of difference on 2D games with resolutions below standard though.

( Edited on 20.11.2006 19:11 by Cleetus )

No Rayman!! How could you!

Just added Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 to the non-16:9 list.

Just added the Virtual Console to the non-16:9 list. This may need to be changed one day as some N64 games (e.g. DK64) have a widescreen mode.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.