Biggest and Best Game Deals

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - £24.99. Freakin bargain!

Phoenixus said:

Back up to £33.99 already. :/

You sure? Still says £24.99 for me. My email receipt says the same. Smilie

Hah, sneaky. For some reason it automatically switches to € when I click on it and I was too tired to check the symbol and assumed it was in pounds too. Yeah, my bad for playing The Last Story the entire night and not getting any sleep. Smilie

Still says £24.99 but interestingly enough the prices don't quite seem to match. Smilie

Phoenixus said:
Too bad I can't make an account at Play. I need a landline to order anything. At least, last time I did. I might try again later to see if they have changed what you need. xD

Phoenixus (guest) 03.03.2012#356

Apparently Amazon have price-matched it so you might wanna check on there. Smilie

Duplicate post i know but i thought it was worth the re-post;

I just bought a hoard of PS3 games from Gamestation, i had a £50 trade in card, and was scared that if the group went into administration they wouldn't honour the credit.

So i just bought;

Mirrors Edge £1.98
Haze : £1.98
Brink : £2.98
Tom Clancys HAWX2 : £7.98
Virtua Tennis 4 : £7.98
Deus Ex Human Revolution : £7.98
Killzone 3: £7.98
F1 2011 : £19.99!

They have tons in there such as Modern Warefare 2 for £4.99, various FIFA and PES games for £0.48, etc etc!

And i am sure they will get cheaper but you might find that the games won't be as good! A fair few people were raiding shelves in Gamestation and GAME! I suggest doing the same and spending your reward card points!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - £16.85!
http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3FI17-Final%20Fantasy%20XIII%202.html

Also:

Image for

£150 PS3 + Uncharted at Game/Gamestation
Will probably sell fast, I doubt they'll go as low as the Assassin's Creed one the other day (that was £99.98)

That is still a cracking deal though!I really can't believe people are not picking up more of these deals though!

GAME and Gamestation are selling Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword brand new for £24.98 if people are interested!

Some really good deals on EU PSN this week! Ends 28th March. I'm gonna bag me a couple of these, I reckon.

Some highlights:

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus - £15.99
Just Cause 2 Ultimate - £11.99
Flower - £3.19
Flow - £1.99
Sly Trilogy - £9.99
Tomb Raider Underworld - £8.79 (although the HD trilogy is £9.99 at Zavvi)
Lara & the Guardian of Light - £5.19 (! everyone get this)

I think I'll get Ico & Colossus, Flow and maybe Sly Trilogy. I have the others already, but these are some cracking deals.

Oh, and FFXIII-2 is £14.99 at Zavvi. Ridiculous price, and hasn't even been out 2 months yet.

( Edited 25.03.2012 16:36 by Azuardo )

Be Sure to pop into GAME and Gamestation this week i am sure there will be absolutely crazy deals as administrators sell off everything and anything!

Bollocks. Planned on gonna have another look in my nearest GAME, but supposedly it's been shutdown. There's a list here of about 300 confirmed stores closed with immediate effect:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/store-closures-begin-at-game-and-gamestation/093365

Azuardo said:
Bollocks. Planned on gonna have another look in my nearest GAME, but supposedly it's been shutdown. There's a list here of about 300 confirmed stores closed with immediate effect:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/store-closures-begin-at-game-and-gamestation/093365
Wow, my town's store isn't on there. Northampton and Kettering are on there (Both of which are in my county.) but my town isn't on there. Smilie

...It's just a shame that the last time I looked there was fuck all to buy in there. Apart from stuff I already had. Other than that, it was mostly crap I'm not interested in, or shovelware.

..Or the stuff I wanted was normal price/more expensive than another place.

Absolutely worth another look, though. Who knows if the odd good game has dropped to a stupid price? I'm proper gutted; was gonna have another gweld at mine, but no dice.

Stock from the closed stores will probably go to the remaining stores

Azuardo said:
Absolutely worth another look, though. Who knows if the odd good game has dropped to a stupid price? I'm proper gutted; was gonna have another gweld at mine, but no dice.

Lrrr said:
Stock from the closed stores will probably go to the remaining stores

Yeah, I'm gonna have a look tomorrow probably. See what's on offer. Smilie

Nothing today either, hopefully in the next couple of days they will drop their prices. To be fair CEX sell a lot of these games around the same price anyway. I've been eyeing up Epic Mickey and WarioWare Shake Dimension both at £9.98 but im waiting more for around the £5 mark.

As for the store closures i would say they are probably looking for places with strong footfall but yet cheap rent as that is what is part of the problem in the firs t place. I have noticed that my local store is amazingly not on that list, but yet the footfall in there must have gone through the roof recently.

Also, get down to GAMESTATION if you can as they are still cheaper than GAME, i picked up Disaster Day of Crisis for £2.98 but its still £9.98 in GAME. There are a few more like that as well.

As mentioned above i would check prices at CEX before jumping into buy games for the sake of it, or being ripped off!
ey may have

EDIT: Upon further looking at that list, i see the scale of how many stores they had in certain places! Look how many they had in Dublin (and the surrounding area) , 2 stores in Bradford? Birmingham as well! And the Bullring branch that i used to work in is still open! As well as the other GAME or GAMESTATION as there were two in the Pallasades shopping centre!

Should have cut the number of stores they had to start with! At least HMV noticed their ways before it got to this stage!

( Edited 27.03.2012 21:29 by Flynnie )

In the modestly sized town that I live in, GAME at one point had 2 GAME stores and 2 Gamestations within 5 minutes of walking distance. I always found it a little odd.

( Edited 27.03.2012 23:58 by Slydevil )

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

My town has one GAME store, no GameStation or CEX. The nearest GameStation and CEX are in Northampton, but the Northampton GAME and possible GameStation have been closed down.

I had a quick look in my local GAME today... absolutely nothing I could find was worth picking up for the price it was. :/

Well they only had that flash sale at the moment to raise funds to pay for rent and of course shift stock. However i think the prices may maintain now until Easter, then next Friday (Good Friday) i think they will just majorly slash prices! Although i would still check every day just in case!

Lots of deals on Mass Effect 3 today: Play, Zavvi, Sendit etc. Around £24

Final Fantasy 13-2 is £14.99 in Sainsbury's right now

For anyone who's yet to get Kid Icarus: Uprising, buy it from Zavvi and get a free download code for Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters on the eShop.

It's only £29.99 and apparently the GB Kid Icarus is just as good as the one on the NES! Buy it now. Smilie

http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/kid-icarus-uprising-includes-free-game-and-3ds-stand/10300633.html

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion (PS3) - £21.00 on Amazon.- Cheapest I've ever seen it.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.