Biggest and Best Game Deals

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

knighty said:
Marzy has a 360.

His brother has a 360 but then of course you don't really know anything, you just like to stir.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

Gee I\'m sorry if I thought he had a 360 since he mentions having games for it. What a foolish mistake to make. *slaps self*

My comment has nothing to do with stirring things, I just think you\'d be mad to buy the Wii version when, if you read any reviews, the 360/PS3 version is clearly the better one (less Werehog levels, better graphics....).

( Edited 07.12.2008 17:28 by knighty )

Don\'t talk nonsense if you don\'t know the situation, it\'s clearly obvious. You\'ve done it enough already.

Mirror\'s Edge £25 in Game, Dead Space is £30 in there aswell (though not that much of a bargain)

( Edited 07.12.2008 17:30 by shiptoncraig )

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

@Azzy

Smilie No probs.

The 360 is coming into its own with RPGs at the moment as MS are really going after the Japanese market. Whether it\'ll work long-term to woo the Japanese is another thread, but it means that you definitely won\'t run out of RPGs on the 360 anytime soon. I\'m not an RPG nut, so it\'s probably worth PMing somebody like jesusraz who\'s really into them (if I remember correctly).

I wouldn\'t hold out for a PS3 solely for Blu-ray or free online. How important are HD films to you? Do you have a telly to take full advantage? And do you have the funds to be spending 15-20quid on Blu-ray films? Personally I don\'t have the cinema set-up to benefit from Blu-ray, and it\'ll be several years before they\'re as cheap and popular as DVDs.

As for online, Microsoft has shown that you get what you pay for. Free online is all very well, but if it\'s crap then why bother? I\'d prefer to pay the odd fiver when I can afford it and have a smooth experience.

You will inevitably miss out on certain games whatever platform you go for. I\'d argue that there\'s barely a handful of games worth playing on PS3 right now, whereas Xbox has dozens.

Don\'t worry about regretting your decision, whatever happens you\'ll end up with a sexy bit of kit and some bloody good games! But with the PS3 I think those games are going to come much later in its life so you\'re going to be waiting a fair old while. And chances are, they\'ll be coming to the 360 too.

And the 360 pad is sexy. And sexiness is important.

( Edited 07.12.2008 17:32 by dartmonkey )

Less posty, more gamey.

shiptoncraig said:
Don't talk nonsense if you don't know the situation, it's clearly obvious. You've done it enough already.

What the fuck are you on about? How was my assumption misplaced? I'm not a psychic.

Craig, there's no need to jump to hostilities so quickly over nothing. Continue it somewhere else please. Knighty wasn't stirring anything.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

dartmonkey,

I don't have an HDTV to compensate for blu-ray, but I also feel I might be missing out on a full graphical experience playing games if I don't own one. But it's no essential to own one, I know.

I have heard that people prefer the online experience of the 360 too.

Admittedly, I'm still caught in two minds about the whole thing. The way I can look at it though, if I don't bother getting any console now, is that I can still make a decision in the future. PS3 I hear is going to drop its price around the March period, but even if not, at least in good time I can still make a decision, instead of rushing to make one right now for Christmas.

I know the 360 deal is a good one, but I think I can put up with waiting a bit longer to make a decision in the future. I can see myself going for the PS3 in the long run, which is why I'm weary of getting a 360 now. I can possibly see big games coming to the PS3 in the future, so that's why I feel so unsure about getting a 360 now (because I know I'm unlikely to get a PS3 to go side by side with the 360 in the future).

I might be making this too much of a decision. It shouldn't be a matter of life or death (yet I'm almost making it out like it is!), but as a big video games fan who can only usually afford one console per generation (only had a GameCube last gen!), it's a hard choice for me.

But I will definitely get a Wii to go with whichever console I get, that's for sure. It's just a case of when.

To be fair, Marz' was debating over which version to get but he chose the Wii version since he doesn't get to play the 360 as much. Not really a need to argue about something like that.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Saw this in a Game in Leeds the other week, I think it's finishing the end of the week.

"Ultimate GOW package": Elite 360 + GOW2 for £120 when you trade in your 360 and GOW
Which I think is a pretty fucking stonking deal and would of bin down there like a shot...had I of had a 360.

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Takeo said:
Saw this in a Game in Leeds the other week, I think it's finishing the end of the week.

"Ultimate GOW package": Elite 360 + GOW2 for £120 when you trade in your 360 and GOW
Which I think is a pretty fucking stonking deal and would of bin down there like a shot...had I of had a 360.

hmm as far as 360s go I think dartmonkey posted a better deal
premium 360 + 5 games for £180

I'd soooo get that if I actually had £180...
5 games separately would usually cost like £180 on their own anyway...

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

Hmmm...I do quite like that deal and I reckon I could just about swing being able to buy it before Christmas. Any idea's if it's a limited time deal or anything?

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Simon_ said:
I think dartmonkey posted a better deal

I rule.

Azzy says it finishes on the Thursday 11th.

Less posty, more gamey.

Hmmm...feck springs to mind
I'm gona go ahead and buy it tomorrow, then.

Banjo = 19.56 online at Gamestation.

For all you bastards who 'will get it when it's cheap'. Well, it's cheap.

I trust you'll make the right and festive decision.

Less posty, more gamey.

I asked mummy to get Banjo for me for Xmas. I think it's a suitably Xmassy game to be playing for the first time on Xmas day!

oooh, if banjo is £20 in-store i'll get it.

I benefitted from Sonic unleashed being at £20. Dropped down after a week of release! bargain, Werehog levels incredibly shite and daytime levels are amazing!

I wanted GOW2 to drop down conciderably!

I don't know.

Super Duper Ultra Fun Time!

The X360 deal PC World have on at the moment is a pretty good one, close to the Game deal I went with.

X360, 2 controllers and 3 "top games" for £177
No idea what the games are but it's still not a bad price.

Takeo said:
"top games"

What games?

"Top. Games."

Less posty, more gamey.

Like I said I really have no idea...its PCworld though so I have an inckling they'll be shit...

dartmonkey said:
Banjo = 19.56 online at Gamestation.

For all you bastards who 'will get it when it's cheap'. Well, it's cheap.

I trust you'll make the right and festive decision.

Image for

How can I not? Smilie

Mirrors Edge for 23 of your finest English sterling...

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Prince of Persia on Xbox 360 and PS3 are £17.99.

Quantum of Solace is also from £14.99 at Gamestation. Still a bit crap though

Lrrr said:
Prince of Persia on Xbox 360 and PS3 are £17.99.

OMFG! Smilie

I'm gonna end up with a billion games to play over xmas at this rate. Smilie

Tomb Raider is the same price as well

I went around town today and there were a few deals i noticed.

No More Heroes is £19.99 at HMV and is part of a 2 for £30/

PS3 bundles are dropping in price, £289 in gamestation for 80gb, Fifa 09, Little Big planet and a game of choice from a few others.

GAME are also offering a similar deal but for £299 and you get four games, i cant remember what though. Although it was along the same lines as the Gamestation deal.

Gamestation are also doing a riduculous amount of games at £19.99 (offer ends thursday 18th december) Banjo and Fallout3 are amongst many...i want GOW2 to drop dammit!

If i were you id get down there 2moro and take quite a bit of money with ya! I didnt buy anything because i dnt have the time to play them anymore, but if i did there would have been some purchases!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Sandy Wilson

There are 1 members online at the moment.