Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS

C3's Favorite Band

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 20:41
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I thought this would be kind of interesting. I was wondering what would Cubed3's favorite band be as a whole. Basically, choose your top 5 favorite bands (that you think C3 will like preferably, but you can pick some weird obscure band from Botswana if you really want to).

Your top picked band will get 5 points, and your last picked band will get 1 point (and the ones in between get their respective points).

I thought up a list of bands that I've heard on C3 a few times or some that I just think several members would like (hopefully in alphabetical order). This is just a list to sort of bring some bands to the front of your mind, and you're not at all limited to this selection.

AC/DC
The Beatles
Billy Squier
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Boards of Canada
Bob Dylan
Bon Jovi
Johnny Cash
Cat Power
Eric Clapton
Cream
Deep Purple
The Doors
Dragonforce
Electric Light Orchestra
The Flaming Lips
Iron Maiden
Jefferson Airplane
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Kamelot
The Mars Volta
Muse
Pink Floyd
Oasis
Queen
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Squarepusher
Sweet
System of a Down
Thin Lizzy
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Venetian Snares
The Who
The Yardbirds

My vote:
Blue Oyster Cult
Dragonforce
Jefferson Airplane
Black Sabbath
Thin Lizzy

Gosh, it's really hard to pick just five. You're turn Smilie

( Edited on 28.01.2007 15:38 by TAG )

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

D12

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Muse
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
No Doubt
Blackfield

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

You seem to have got an awful lot of solo artists into that list of bands.. Smilie

Well, I'm not one to like specific bands, but if I were to pick my top 5, I would have to say:

Linkin Park (don't judge me!)
Breaking Benjamin
Eve 6
Disturbed
Terrorfakt

Proud United State-ian

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

1: Anal Cunt
2: Pink Floyd
3: Steely Dan
4: 10,000 Maniacs
5: Oasis

1.Richard Ashcroft/Verve
2.Coldplay
3.Oasis
4.Johnny Cash
5.Damien Rice

Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clich. They were the statement and the definition."

Dragonforce
System of a Down
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath

No particular order...

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

D12
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
MUSE
OASIS
RHCP.

Muse
Alun Tan Lan
Snow Patrol
Dog Fashion Disco
Jakokoyak

I think what I'll do is after a few days, get all of the bands with more than 3 points into a list and have a final vote from that (I think I might raise how many points are needed to make the list instead of 3. I'll see).

So now, this just mainly to get bands together for the final list I guess. I foresee this becoming complicated. And it's in my lovely hands to sort out. This'll be fun Smilie

Martin said:
You seem to have got an awful lot of solo artists into that list of bands.. Smilie

I added Cat Power to the list just so others would remember her and maybe vote her. You oughta thank me/praise me/give me a star.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

1.30 Seconds to Mars
2.Porcupine Tree
3.Muse
4.Funeral for a Friend
5.lostprophets

Excitebots FC - Gambit 3738 5992 1839

Nice list TAG. One great band that's not on there that I know a few members listen to is Iron Maiden.

In order of favourite
1) The Who
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Blue

Guest 26.01.2007 08:50#14

I gotta check out 'Venetion Snares', are they somewhat similar to Venetian Snares? Smilie

Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
The Who
Pink Floyd
RHCP

Probably would have been different if I hadn't just used the list, but I can't think that much.. Smilie

1) Metallica
2) Muse
3) The Mars Volta
4) Radiohead
5) Pink Floyd

Franz Ferdinand
Feeder
Coldplay
Muse
Kaiser chiefs

Radiohead
Muse
Bob Dylan
Rage Against the Machine
Pink Floyd

You think you've got problems.
What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot?
No don't even bother to answer that.
It just gives me a headache trying to think down to your level.
Nintendo HQ
My Music and Film Reviews Blog

Why is no-one voting for bands that aren't hugely famous? You are all musically-challenged Smilie

1. The Flaming Lips
2. Super Furry Animals
3. The Mountain Goats
4. Neutral Milk Hotel
5. Sparklehorse

5 was a toss up between quite a few.

This is really hard if you're a jazz person because bands aren't nearly as static.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.
Senior ModeratorStaff Member

Oni-Ninja said:
Why is no-one voting for bands that arent hugely famous? You are all musically-challenged Smilie

Who are you to say what we can like? There are a lot of popular bands/artists that are actually musically talent y'know.

No wink can save you Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Hold up, just let me Google some really obscure shit...

Less posty, more gamey.

artmonkey said:
Hold up, just let me Google some really obscure shit...

Let me just copy the album wall chart from Woolworths.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Grumbler said:
artmonkey said:Hold up, just let me Google some really obscure shit...
Let me just copy the album wall chart from Woolworths.

Smilie

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

Turqoise Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire - Which version will you buy?
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Both
Neither
Pokémon?
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is Flynnie, awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move