The Spiderman thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

7 minutes of apparently *exclusive* footage of Spiderman (to NBC anyway). May contain spoilers (haven't watched it all meself yet)

The Symbiote is is actually obsessed with Parker. Parker was it's first host, and even since Spidey split with it (which'll happen in the film), it has been trying desperately to rejoin it's original host. The Symbiote was banished from it's homeworld, for it was the only one of it's kind which did not consume it's host completely.

The Symbiote was 'heart-broken', if you will, when Peter rejected it. It just uses Brock to get back at him. It's an obsession with Parker, the Symbiote doesn't completely hate him.

Here is the symbiote crashing to Earth on the meteor:

Image for

Also yes, the Symbiote wants Parker. As is said in the animated series:

Venom: We wanted you but you spurned us.

Chris MO@)

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, cause there's bugger all down here on earth!!!

You can't go by what the cartoon said. Venom never crashed to Earth in the comics, he was a suit that spiderman found in Secret Wars.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

^ Not that I'm a massive fan, but I remember a comic going around where the symbiote did actually crash land after hijacking a shuttle and I think maybe killing the crew.
Sorry to contradict your comment Matt.

Matthew Gastrian Evans said:
You cant go by what the cartoon said. Venom never crashed to Earth in the comics, he was a suit that spiderman found in Secret Wars.

Do you know how many alternate storylines there actually are in the spiderman comics?Smilie

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Almost as many as I have posts... Which is now 4000! Smilie

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Megadanxzero said:
Almost as many as I have posts... Which is now 4000! Smilie

bloody hell it hasnt even been a year and youve reached 4000 well done you!!

anyway back n topic... yeah there are loads of different stories on the comic books... which is fucked up, im gonan do some investigation to see and find out !!WHERE VENOM IS FROM!!

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

I guess we all need to wait and see the final product this summer whether we can say he looks crap or not. LS

Matthew Gastrian Evans said:
You cant go by what the cartoon said. Venom never crashed to Earth in the comics, he was a suit that spiderman found in Secret Wars.

Any source can be used. There are too many alternate stories to use just one. Indeed he did find it in Secret Wars..he was even worried Spider-Woman may say something since it resembled her costume.

Chris MO@)

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, cause there's bugger all down here on earth!!!

Venom doesn't look like a big thread (aviodiong his personality) but the fact that he has "Super Spider Powers" like Spidey, will make the ultimate battle needed beetween him and Spider-man...

Because it's a need, Smilie I can't wait to see them fighting Smilie

Udkedae Everywhere! | PSN: Udkedae

Here's the 7 minutes in better quality.

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=627011240&channel=184253309

Looks great

[:: Lee Sanders :: Cubed-3 :: News Reporter :: Writer :: Head Of Secret Operations:: Resisdentual Slacker ::] On Twitter = LeeTSanders I have a Cubed3 limited Edition mug!
DO YOU! So Cute - bit.ly/yIEgXv

Can't wait for this film. Loved the first 2. I'm not gonna watch that 7minute clip. It'll spoil too much. Topher Grace is looking great in it.Smilie (When not half-venom :lolSmilie

The films are the only thing Spider-Man related that I like.Smilie

(note to self: stop using the same smilie in every post.Smilie)

( Edited on 23.03.2007 19:25 by IfritXVII )

Well after my absence here is some more things for you guys to take a look at:

The Fourth and Final Spidey 3 trailer:

Final Spidey 3 trailer

Here are some great pics from the trailer:

Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

Looks amazing Smilie

Chris MO@)

looks okay still doesnt show his mouth proparly..... and is he the guy from THAT 70s SHOW Smilie

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

AHA said:
looks okay still doesnt show his mouth proparly..... and is he the guy from THAT 70s SHOW Smilie

It is.Smilie I think Smilie

( Edited on 23.03.2007 19:37 by IfritXVII )

Smilie yeah that ERIC FOREMAN Smilie THAT 70s SHOW is awsome!! Smilie

I don't like that Harry fight, its far to CGI and Harry looks like he should have been in Mortasl Kombat.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

AHA said:

Yes it is Topher Grace Smilie

Chris MO@)

If you aren't signed on to Comcast then you can get the new trailer here

You think you've got problems.
What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot?
No don't even bother to answer that.
It just gives me a headache trying to think down to your level.
Nintendo HQ
My Music and Film Reviews Blog

Here is a gif from the slightly new Spidey 3 trailer shown with Blades of Glory...it can also be found on youtube although I can't find the link at the moment:

Image for

This GIF is actually all the news scenes Smilie

Here is a great looking version of the best new Venom shot:

Image for

Chris MO@)

( Edited on 09.04.2007 10:40 by shigsy2003 )

I dont know about you guys but i was disapointed with spiderman 2, but its got venom so it can't be bad! I never truly followed the comics so i still dont know venoms story, so maybe this film will fill me in.

I liked 2 more than 1 in some respects, but others i didnt like at all.

I think the main issue is that despite Venom's mouth, he never actually uses it in combat very often, which kind of dispels the whole almost feral opponent that relies on instinct and sheer power of anger and rage in fights, so I think they've worked on a different slant, showing the human side of Brock trying to get into Spider's more sensitive side, exposing his vunerabilities while being more of a 'mirror' version of spiderman and his alter-ego than comics have previously dipicted the Symbiote / Venom as being.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

Watched this today and what can I say? it was brilliant.

I won't give any spoilers away to those who haven't seen it yet, but I will just say that this is the best Spiderman movie you'll ever see. It was all over amazing.

( Edited on 05.05.2007 19:32 by Marzy )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.