The Spiderman thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

IGN's review of Spiderman 3 on Wii
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/785/785713p1.html
Only got a 5.7 and the press average is 4.6

( Edited on 06.05.2007 14:11 by mijmorgs )

Loved the film, I liked the emo bits. Didn't see why people were so annoyed by it. That scene at the jazz club was awesome.

( Edited on 12.05.2007 13:51 by Z )

I still need to go an watch it, im not listening to any of you or what IGN says, i think ill make my own mind thank ya very much! Smilie

:-o News flash! Marzy will take over Tobey Maguire's role of Spiderman, in Spiderman 4!

( Edited 19.03.2024 12:48 by Marzeee )

Legend.

Anyway, seen it tonight. It's alright. Took a piss when the emo / camp stuff started though.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

was majorly disappointed.

1. Was expecting venom but was let down by only a few minutes of showtime and a quick death.
2.Venom looked nothing at all like a bad ass.
3. Out of place.
4.Crappy ending

But overall, maybe i hoping too much for venom and which is why i didn't like it.

There's no way I'll spend money on a theater ticket for this if Venom is underepresented. He was the only reason I was planning on seeing this at all, despite the cornyness and bad moments of the film. Him being built "normal" (i.e, not like the Hulk) was already a strike against the film for me.

I'm thinking I'll borrow this movie from a friend later on.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

I did not like Spiderman 3 at all really, it lacked much for my liking, and Venom was crap.

Despite this hope it does well worldwide, because i have a few very rare comics that are worth a few thousand currently, and i want them to rise in price so i can sell in japan in a few years time and make a obscene amount Smilie.

Also have the original set of the Venom first issues including all the colours, here is the red one, the others are locked away. LS :wink:

Image for
25TH anniversary issue, with a now very famous cover (1986)

Image for
VENOM ISSUE #1

( Edited on 12.05.2007 08:56 by Linkyshinks )

I love spiderman, but I was very dissappointed with the movie.

Ending was shockingly rushed, Venom scenes were too short, Venom only looked like the black Spider costume with a big mouth when there should have been some sort of bulging bicep, Venom spidey fights were overly one sided for both durations of the fight (personally I would have enjoyed few minutes of punches and dodges, what a fight scene should have), over use of humour to make up for the boring parts of the film.

I do feel the comic book movies are getting worse.

Hello!

Really, really disappointed with this. Venom wasn't the sinister character that I was expecting and the plot was just too muddled up for me. At the minute, for me, Batman Begins > Any comic book film

Batman begins was done well, but so many of these marvel license films are brought out to cash in and nothing more because Hollywood studios are only concerned with the franchises that make huge money.

SM3 will make millions on merchandise alone in japan.

I want to see a genuine fans make these films, that way they are less likely to be crap.

Robert Rodriguez Sin City is a good example of what can be done with a fan at the helm. LS

I don't like Marvel Comic book movies in general, but Spiderman was quite entertaining in my opinion.

Edward Norton will be in the next Marvel movie offering as...The Incredible HULK! WTF, i mean Ed Norton is a great actor but i dont really see him as the HULK, but maybe that's the point you know a weedy guy (forgeting about A History X)turning into the HULK has better effect. LS

They changed the name of Bruce Banner as he was called in the 70s TV show because they thought they name Bruce sounded gay Smilie, sorry bruce i just find that funny.

( Edited on 12.05.2007 14:19 by Linkyshinks )

I think the next comic based film I'll enjoy will be the Flash, if it's done well. Not too sure about the Silver Surfer FF sequel but they are the campest supergroup ever concieved.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?

Batman Begins was excellent. theyre filming parts of the sequel, The Dark Knight, at Leavesden Studios. might have to blag my way in there like i did with GoldenEye.

With the Hulk, im glad theyre making another one which completely ignores the Ang Lee one.

Don't understand why theres another Fantastic 4, the 1st one was crap and only worth seeing for Jessica Alba. they may actually get Galactus right though, in which case it might be good.

Didn't know there was a flash movie, but it should be good.

They might actually get Galactus right?

A super intelligent being flies about eternally drinking the soup out of planets like a cunt rather than a) hey man why don't I drink out of unpopulated planets this time b) using his powers to help fuckers out around the universe instead of being said cunt so he could have a few numbers to phone up and c) use said numbers to ring up and say "hey guys, anyway to transfer my conciousness to a smaller vessel that doesn't require revised starcharts?

i meant they dont fuck up his story.

I think FF now has potential- the first movie had its moments, but it had to explain their existence, and was ultimately dragged down by that. Hopefully the new one will be done well.

And yes, Spiderman 3 was bollocks- it clearly got taken away from its roots by three groups;

The first of these must be Sony's marketing firms.. they've clearly seen that emo is in, and that the fashion will appeal, especially in Japan. Hence we get Spiderman wearing makeup and looking like a complete idiot; it was funny for about two seconds, but given that it was supposed to be taken seriously, it was a complete flop and ultimately cringe-worthy.

The second group that's influenced it; the movie industry itself. Film makers and those involved with drama always seem to have an urge to be self referential, and in this case it was vastly regrettable. E.G. Mary Jane as a depressed actress; bad move- the movie is supposed to be about Spiderman's trials and tribulations, and ultimatlely they made Spiderman popular to highlight the difficulty of getting into show business. It was a poor decision that undermined a key element of Spiderman; that he is often hated by those he protects. Equally, the urge to do a ridiculous jazz dance seen was funny for about two seconds and then utterly pathetic.

Finally, the film was screwed up by producers- i.e. the money men. Many scenes seemed pretty much unfinished- a lot of the wasted time in the film was probably to fill gaps between expensive special effects shots. That would equally explain the marginal presence of venom. I think it took the cake when, at one point, Spiderman saves a girl and then completely ignores the fact that the large, dangerous going on that put the girl in danger are still continuing (presumably), and leaves. I've avoided the specifics in case any of you don't want spoilers as you are considering wasting your money on this movie, but I guess those of you that have seen it will remember the bit I mean.

I think Cosmo Landesman put it pretty well when he analysed the press release, which described the movie as the "return of a franchise". Ultimately, it was just that, a "franchise", when it should have been "film".

My advice is- rent it, watch it on tv, or just skip it. Don't waste money on it unless you simply have to see it.

Yoshidude said:
Really, really disappointed with this. Venom wasnt the sinister character that I was expecting and the plot was just too muddled up for me. At the minute, for me, Batman Begins > Any comic book film

No Xmen is still the best superhero films about (not including the third film) plus Halle Berry is in it, always a plus.

Does anyone think Tobey McAguire is well a shit superhero character, i know Peter Parker is meant to be a geek, but does spiderman have to be as well.

Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he [Richard Ashcroft] promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clich�. They were the statement and the definition."

Co Chief Resident John Dorian said:
Yoshidude said:Really, really disappointed with this. Venom wasnt the sinister character that I was expecting and the plot was just too muddled up for me. At the minute, for me, Batman Begins > Any comic book film
No Xmen is still the best superhero films about (not including the third film) plus Halle Berry is in it, always a plus.Does anyone think Tobey McAguire is well a shit superhero character, i know Peter Parker is meant to be a geek, but does spiderman have to be as well.

Yeah he is shit, regardless to how PP is depicted in the comic as geeky. he is just plain crap, there is something about him that does not appeal to me at all.

Your right XMen is still the best attempt, but i also think Batman Begins layed down a good foundation. LS

Did you guys hear that there will be 3 more Spiderman movies.

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

what the hell are all you guys talking about?
I thought the film was good, the only thing i didn't like about it was that they killed venom off. They could have at least kept him for the next film and killed the sand man instead cus the ending was really gay
and another thing i don't get is how the sandman was able to cry, won't that like kill himSmilie

( Edited on 13.05.2007 23:48 by Kyubi Ricky )

Kyubi Ricky said:
they killed venom off. They could have at least kept him for the next film Edited on 13.05.2007 23:48 by Kyubi Ricky )

they were going to split it into 2 films, with venom a mojor player in the 2nd part. however, the script writer couldn't find a decent point to end the film so it made sense on its own, so they decided to kill him off instead

Smilie OMG Venom dies....WTF.... ahh you bitchies ruined the film for me.........

use the fucking spoiler thingy you bastards!

( Edited on 14.05.2007 01:05 by HYPNOTOAD! )

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Milk! said:
Smilie OMG Venom dies....WTF.... ahh you bitchies ruined the film for me.........use the fucking spoiler thingy you bastards!( Edited on 14.05.2007 01:05 by HYPNOTOAD! )

No the director, actors and producers ruined the film for you.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.