The Spiderman thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Matthew Gastrian Evans said:
Milk! said:Smilie OMG Venom dies....WTF.... ahh you bitchies ruined the film for me.........use the fucking spoiler thingy you bastards!( Edited on 14.05.2007 01:05 by HYPNOTOAD! )
No the director, actors and producers ruined the film for you.

lol really is it that bad.... i havent seen it yet!

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Thought I should awaken this thread from the past, since there's a new Spider-Man film in production. If you loved the films, then I'm sure most of you have already heard this won't be a sequel to the original trilogy, but a fresh start with new actors and production crew.

Spider-Man 4 was originally planned for a 2011 release, but Sam Ramai pulled out. After this, Sony decided to reboot the franchise and the new film will be directed by Mark Webb. It's currently planned to be released on 4th July 2012 in the UK and will feature 3D. Also the film has a new title "The Amazing Spider-Man".

Andrew Garfield is our new Peter Parker, Emma Stone is Gwen Stacy and Rhys Evans will be playing the Lizard.

The story will go back to its roots and have Peter Parker back in high school, where he develops his spider abilities again.

Trailer

This is pretty old news now and I posted about it before, but it failed to get any attention. I've deleted my old post (to avoid double posting) and replaced it with this new one with an added trailer.

Thoughts? Hyped or does it looks disappointing?

I like the Spiderman films... the first two anyway, so I'm interested, though I don't really see the point in it since it's been done already so recently.

After this, Sony decided to reboot the franchise and the new film will be directed by Mark Webb.

Hahah. Webb.

I kind of think it looks too 'gritty and dark' for its own good? At least that was the impression I got from what little I've seen of it and I'm not sure it's a good idea to treat 'comic' so seriously.

I liked Iron Man and Thor because of their 'comic' elements (har har)- they were a little on the light side and didn't treat everything super seriously. Still I guess even with a dark direction it could turn out really well so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I found myself really getting attached to the old cast and I really enjoyed all three of them, despite the third one being a bit disappointing in some areas.

I sort of feel the same as Superlink about this new one. It just feels like they're trying to go down that "dark" route (though not quite as much as The Dark Knight) and Spider-Man should have a certain amount of fun to them, as well. I mean who didn't let out a big grin when you saw Peter Parker learn about his abilities in Spider-Man?

I do hope this turns out good though and I'll most likely go and see it at the cinema. Spider-Man is my favourite superhero.

Ikana said:
Hahah. Webb.

Image for

( Edited 23.01.2012 16:48 by Marzy )

1:40 onwards kind of reminded me on mirrors edge.

Mr James2t3 said:
1:40 onwards kind of reminded me on mirrors edge.

Big time! Not really interested, I have to say, but deffo was all Mirror's Edge. Ace game.

New trailer!

Finally get to see The Lizard and it does look like it'll have some less serious moments too.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.