Shenmue III Week

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It's half-term this week, the site will be receiving lots of traffic, and I figure a nice charitable event/thing to do, would be a 'C3 Shenmue III Week'. This would involve all forum members adorning either their sig or avatar (or both, for the hardcore) with some sort of Shenmue III paraphernalia, to raise awareness for the continuation of the greatest game series ever made. It obviously won't make a blind bit of difference, but it'll be kind of fun, and will serve as a nice forum-bonding activity. Who's up for it?

( Edited on 27.05.2007 07:19 by Oni )

( Edited on 09.06.2007 12:50 by Oni )

I have yet to play one actually.

I'd be up for it... though I also have not played one yet... and my lappy is teh poo-ness right now, so no Photoshop.Smilie

Though I guess I could just find a pic online, it would be the same though. But it sounds likes a good idea though, so let it be done!

Proud United State-ian

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

Yeah OK, why not. I'm not very good at photoshop but I'll try to find something Shenmue-related for my signature. My avatar isn't changing - I've had it for years and it will not change. Funnily enough I was thinking of digging out the original this week and playing it again, since I've finished uni now.

Those of you who haven't played the original Shenmue, what are you sitting there for? Get up, find a Dreamcast and the game, and play it, now. Part of Shenmue 3 week should be about raising awareness for the franchise as a whole and getting people to play it. It's the best game ever made, that's not just an opinion, it's a fact.

Z said:

*slaps* I'm up for that, suprisingly enough Smilie

I'm game.

Less posty, more gamey.

Sounds like a worthy cause.

Here's my sig effort:

I've done a little something. I know it's not the greatest attempt at one. Smilie

I haven't played any of the games. Smilie They both look great though.

( Edited on 27.05.2007 15:18 by IfritXVII )

Count me in, I'll get my Photoshop fingers to work and produce some spectacular signatures.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

{ Monkey Wii. ~ Nirbis Hater ~ Nintendo Fanboy }
I HERD U LIEK TEH MUDKIPZ?

I have signed up and joined the fight.

Viva La Revolution!

Wo33eR ::: Wo33eR.CoM Website :: Cubed-3 :: [ General Writer :: Reveiwer ]

34,723/1,119,437 - World :: 6,399/137,860 - UK

Here's some raw materials for you guys:

They don't have to say 'C3 Shenmue III Week' on them. As long as they're overtly very Shenmue in nature. The week commences tomorrow, and lasts until midnight next Sunday. Perhaps we could turn this into a proper website feature? With an update on the main page, and members writing columns about how Shenmue changes their lives, and how the absence of Shenmue III is tearing them apart, etc?

( Edited on 27.05.2007 19:45 by Oni )

Thanks Oni, gonna have to go ghetto and use MS Paint...Smilie

Proud United State-ian

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

Perhaps we could turn this into a proper website feature? With an update on the main page, and members writing columns about how Shenmue changes their lives, and how the absence of Shenmue III is tearing them apart, etc?

Definitely, I would love to write a feature on Shenmue. It would be brilliant if we could get something properly set-up on Cubed 3 as well.

I'm definitely up for it, I just need confirmation.

Sounds funtacular

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

The Misunderstood Timid Dude have you messed up when coding your sig or something? My version of this thread goes nuts in the browser right after your sig.

Smilie

Marzy said:
Perhaps we could turn this into a proper website feature? With an update on the main page, and members writing columns about how Shenmue changes their lives, and how the absence of Shenmue III is tearing them apart, etc?
Definitely, I would love to write a feature on Shenmue. It would be brilliant if we could get something properly set-up on Cubed 3 as well.Im definitely up for it, I just need confirmation.

Yeah, I think some sort of discussion between a few people which could be formalised and uploaded into a feature would be brilliant. Perhaps a series of questions posed to a group of a four or five people? Hmmm.

I'm in, all I need to do is make a sig, it might not be done for a little while, but if it's for Shenmue III then it's a worthy cause.

I might get it done tomorrow, but I won't be able to now. Expect to see some amateur photoshop skills soon in a cinema near you! (Piracy is a crime, do not accept it)

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Shenmue III is the single most worthy cause in all of gaming! We should get Bob Geldof to organize another Live Aid for Shenmue III Smilie

So mods/site officials, will you allow us to do this proposed thing as a proper feature?

Spread it across the internets! Let this week be known as Shenmue III week!

Our voices prolly won't be heard though Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Oni-Ninja said:
So mods/site officials, will you allow us to do this proposed thing as a proper feature?

?

Z said:

Same; I have a DC but I heard it was shit overated crap.

Enoch Powell was right, and you know it.

Oni, some of those images have spoilers, I had thought of using the one of the ending scene earlier but thought that wouldn't be fair for people who have yet to play it. I suggest that none of the signatures should have spoilers.

Vyse said:
Z said:I have yet to play one actually.

RUN VYSE, RUN BEFORE ONI GETS BACK! Smilie

beamrider2600 said:
Oni, some of those images have spoilers, I had thought of using the one of the ending scene earlier but thought that wouldnt be fair for people who have yet to play it. I suggest that none of the signatures should have spoilers.

Fair point. Though, I don't think you necessarily know it was a spoiler. Might just look like random art. In fact, only one could be considered a spoiler. Hmmm. But which one? Smilie

We'll see how it goes.

Vyse said:
Z said:I have yet to play one actually.

Just thought it would be fair to tell you that, in light of your highly-offensive blasphemous comment there, I have made a few phone calls, and arrangements have been made. You shall shortly be permanently banned from C3. Bye.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.