Rude Words

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I don't deny that swear word don't seem different to their equivalents to me. I'm not above any of you, or different or anything. They do. I hate it when you get those people that have to swear with every other word. Even if they are just talking about mundane things.

oldschool said:
Its not likely to change in your generation though - get used to it. I am happy that they dont use them to be honest. Once you do, then you have to expect and accept some 6 year old calling you a stupid cunt when you, say, fall off your skateboard. There has to be some sort of standards - yes, I know that is incredibly difficult and subjective.

To be honest, many six year olds use that sort of language anyway. And the presence of these words in the media, unsanitized, would make no difference whatsoever. You wouldn't let your six year old read a book with lots of 'sanitized' swear words, would you? It'd make no difference to you as a parent in your decision to shield your child from that content or not. So who benefits from it? No-one.

( Edited on 01.06.2007 17:37 by Oni )

I'll have to admit, I do absolutely despise it when someone says fuck or fucking in every single sentence just for the heck of it, it's massivly annoying & it puts them across as a stupid arrogant bastard IMO. If they wanted to be seen as that then good for them.

Though it's just a word as I said before, it would probably be just as annoying if the word "Donkey" was a "bad swear word" & someone said the word Donkey or Donkeying in every sentence.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

That'd just be absurd Smilie

Oni-Ninja said:
Thatd just be absurd Smilie
It would, but if you think about it, the only reason we find the word fuck offensive is because it has been in our society as a swear word. So somewhere back in time, say the words fuck & donkey somehow got confused.... Smilie

Mum says that 'bugger' is a really bad word. It is a sodomy. Guys, is 'bugger' a really bad word? I am doubting Mum.Smilie

Onwards, TO NOWHERE! Proud owner of Farming Simulator 2013.

No, bugger is not a really bad word. They say it on U/PG films for crying out loud. But then again, they sometimes say Crap or Pervert or PG films.

Well, no. It just means anal sex.

Grrrr... I will get Mum for lying to me. Smilie

Oni-Ninja said:
Well, no. It just means anal sex.
Yeah, but it's not always said with an intent that way. Just like there are basically 2 uses for the word gay these days, "gay" as in homosexuals, & "gay" as in the curse/offensive term, which came from the homosexual thing anyway, I know, but bugger is often said as a mild curse word.

Oh shollocks. Dad is home and saw what I was looking up on the urban slang dictionary. Why the sneaky little git!SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Bugger is a corruption of the term buggerer which means to involve in buggery which refers to anal intercourse between two males.

quite simply buggerer is a hard word to say so over time it would have been simplified.

Oh an the supposed reason for Dog's Bollocks being a good term is that Meccanno used to sell its kits in two forms, box standard and box deluxe, Now through the usage of cockney rhyming slang the terms quickly became corrupted and were renamed bog standard (nothing special) and the dog's bollocks (the best available).

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Firefly said:
Mum says that bugger is a really bad word. It is a sodomy. Guys, is bugger a really bad word? I am doubting Mum.Smilie

Well, ask if she thinks calling someone a "poor sod" is a problem. Calling someone a "lucky bugger" or a "poor sod" is equally as offensive, its exactly the same thing. Same as with "sod it" or "oh, bugger". It's a very mild profanity, which has lost pretty much all connection with original meaning.

Firefly said:
Oh shollocks. Dad is home and saw what I was looking up on the urban slang dictionary. Why the sneaky little git!SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie
lol... you're worried about your parents finding you looking up stuff on an online dictionary?

You've only just begun your epic internet quest it would seem. Smilie

Sod: 4. an informal British term for a youth or man; "the poor sod couldn't even buy a drink"

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

But also:

"sod3 /sɒd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sod] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, sod

and sod also refers to a bit of turf.

Well lots of words have multiple meanings.. the only reason that I know for sod being a "swear word" is the relation to sodomy; that surely makes it idential to "bugger" as a profanity?

I mean:

"bug

It does if you live in a free, democratic society with the right to privacy.

Smilie Touche. Of course, nobody does..

GR781 said:
Smilie Touche. Of course, nobody does..
& this, fellow C3 members, is a correct occasion of the word "Touch

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.