LOLZ- Sony F up again with Resistance Fall Of Man

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Smilie Sony's sales are going to get hit hard by this, and the whole goats carcus is going to resurrect itself in the media too. Smilie [-Fanboyish laughter]LS

The story is that they actually went to Manchester Cathedral and mapped a exact replica of the church by using photographs, without permission. The church in question is clearly Manchester Cathedral, as the stage in question is set in Manchester also. Some will say the was done with a lack of forsight in order to gain realism without any application of sensitivity about using a place of worship that is used currently by the public for a backdrop for killing.

That reminds me, Hellgate: London may well be under scrutiny also for similar reasons, but that has not been released yet and could well have such religious sites such as St Pauls cathedral removed in time for release.

The church in question and christian groups over the country are very unhappy about it's inclusion even though they are aware that the game does not feature the killing of humans but aliens instead.

SCE have agreed to meet with the priest of the church and the patrons to discuss the matter, but the church have come out and said that they only see one solution, that being that the game, that has already sold a million copies here in the U.K, is removed from shelves.

This controversy will no doubt resurrect that of their other gaff which took place at the God Of War 2 event which they held in Greece recently for the launch of the game in europe. In that, a carcus of a goat was used a decoration mimicing a ritual sacrifice of ancient pagan worship to horrorfied guests, who were asked to eat meat that was served in buffet form in close proximity to the carcus. This meat was not of the dead animal in question. LS

( Edited on 12.06.2007 19:57 by Linkyshinks )

Guaranteed massive rise in Resistance sales. I wonder how much Sony paid the CofE to do this.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Is that about that thing on the news? About the chapel/church thing?

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:
Is that about that thing on the news? About the chapel/church thing?

Yeah, they used some Manchester Church in the game without permission!!! Smilie *TWATS*

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Milk! said:
Yeah, they used some Manchester Church in the game without permission!!! Smilie *TWATS*
Actually, apparantly they already had permission O_O

Oh I dunno, but still, I think it's all very stupid.

EDIT: "O NOES! THER R ALIUMS IN A CHRUCH! WOT R WE GOINK 2 DU!?"

( Edited on 09.06.2007 23:23 by SuperLink )

Linkyshinks said:
Smilie Sonys sales are going to get hit hard by this, and the whole goats carcus is going resurrect itself in the media too. Smilie [-Fanboyish laughter]LS( Edited on 09.06.2007 22:44 by Linkyshinks )

Umm, any publicity is good publicity. Of course resistance sales are gonna go crazy now.

No Longer Temporarily Banned.

im pretty sure ive seen other forms of media use churches

like in Silent Hill theres the part with the burning of people, and in Dr Who there was the episode where rose stopped her fathers death and these things started attacking at a church. also in lost there was a shootout at a church, and the church scene in Kill Bill.

there are others, but i cant be arsed to list them now

and yet sony get done for a small portion of a game set in a church? even though Insomniac made it

The Church Said: The new Play-Station3 game, titled Resistance: Fall of Man, which has sold more than one million copies, sees a virtual shoot-out between rival gunman with hundreds killed during a gun battle inside the cathedral in an orgy of blood

first off, the rival gunmen are mutants, and second, i remember only seeing 5 to 10 enemies in the cathedral, so im not sure where the orgy of blood with hundreds killed happened. maybe i missed that part of the game

this will also apparently encourage people to have gun battles within the church

( Edited on 10.06.2007 02:09 by Lrrr )

I don't understand what's going on.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

No neither do I.

Would have been nice if the thread explained it things first.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

The story is that they actually went to Manchester Cathedral and mapped a exact replica of the church by using photographs, without permission. The church in question is clearly Manchester Cathedral, as the stage in question is set in Manchester also. Some will say the was done with a lack of forsight in order to gain realism without any application of sensitivity about using a place of worship that is used currently, for a backdrop for killing.

That reminds me, Hellgate: London may well be under scrutiny also for similar reasons, but that has not been released yet and could well have such religious sites such as St Pauls cathedral removed in time for release.

The church in question and christian groups over the country are very unhappy about it's inclusion even though they are aware that the game does not feature the killing of humans but aliens instead.

SCE have agreed to meet with the priest of the church and the patrons to discuss the matter, but the church have come out and said that they only see one solution, that being that the game, that has already sold a million copies here in the U.K, is removed from shelves.

This controversy will no doubt resurrect that of their other gaff which took place at the God Of War 2 event which they held in Greece recently for the launch of the game in europe. In that, a carcus of a goat was used a decoration mimicing a ritual sacrifice of ancient pagan worship to horrorfied guests, who were asked to eat meat that was served in buffet form in close proximity to the carcus. This meat was not of the dead animal in question. LS

Jack Thomson, go to work on them Smilie, the christian groups in the U.S will have their powerfull say Smilie

( Edited on 10.06.2007 09:45 by Linkyshinks )

Apparantly they did use permission though, & the church are just pretending they didn't. It's stupid really, you shouldn't need permission to use a building. It's not like it's a person. & it doesn't belong to anyone in particular. They just want any reason to shout out & the games industry.

I submitted this as news...shame it never went through really.

And yea, Sony are pretty fucked now...even GOD hates them...and he loves everyone. Except for Nazi's...but thats neither here nor there.

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Eternal Darkness has a fictional Catherdal, full of evil clergy and demons and stuff! Eternal Darkness ate my hamster, ban this sick filth!

Welcome to cubed3, Europe's biggest Nintendo site!

( Edited on 10.06.2007 12:58 by Grumbler )

Grumbler said:
Welcome to cubed3, Europes biggest Nintendo site!( Edited on 10.06.2007 12:58 by Grumbler )

Ahh Grumbles, your so funny. Really, the amount of satisfaction you must get for pointing on hilarities like that much be enough to keep you satisfied through the lonly winter nights.

Its still industry news, is it not?

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Kinda funny really, I saw this this morning when I decided to go on the News Channel on my new Wii... Selective reporting? Smilie

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

It's just a church for fuck sake, bomb the fucking thing and blame god for it.

SCE Europe could expect to get bombed if they ever featured Regents Park Mosque, or any other for that matter.

Tom Clancy's next game should be set in the Holy City to stike up some controversy, fuck End War. LS

( Edited on 10.06.2007 15:39 by Linkyshinks )

The thing is, there are only about 7 Christians left in the UK and they're all pensioners. This will all blow over very quickly.

Possible future controversial games:

Bioshock (harvesting little girls)

Manhunt 2 (durrr)

Assassin's Creed (crusades, that's probably enough)

Hellgate: London (probably has real churches in ruins)

GTAIV..? Smilie

I, for one, was disgusted by the child abuse present in Tales of Symphonia. I'm surprised more people haven't made light of this.

Oni-Ninja said:
GTAIV..? Smilie

Obviously pro BNP anti european immigration.. Smilie

CuRoi said:
I, for one, was disgusted by the child abuse present in Tales of Symphonia. Im surprised more people havent made light of this.

Eh?

Attn: Sony

Sony is a fuckin' cockroach...
Say "hello" to my little Wii!!

Sincerely,

Antonio Montana
Nintendo Fan boy

Oni-Ninja said:
CuRoi said:I, for one, was disgusted by the child abuse present in Tales of Symphonia. Im surprised more people havent made light of this.
Eh?

And incestuous undertones. Raine would take any opportunity possible to give Genis a good spanking. He loved it and all, the dirt.

Smilie Is it me or does C3 have a very dirty mind, of late? Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.