LOLZ- Sony F up again with Resistance Fall Of Man

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Smilie tut tut tuts.

No Longer Temporarily Banned.

Smilie

So it's ok to kill aliens and have Pokemon beat the shit out of each other in a church but as soon as it depicts humans being killed it's OH NO.

Fuck me, even Dr. Who has been showing Londoners getting vapourised, kidnapped and chased by unmentionables pre-watershed.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

there arent even any deaths that you see in the cathedral part of the game which lasts a whole whopping 2 minutes.

also, the church seem to be making it out that the game is based around the cathedral (its not)

CuRoi said:
I, for one, was disgusted by the child abuse present in Tales of Symphonia. Im surprised more people havent made light of this.
I was disgusted by the LACK of it. There should have at least been a Presea sex minigame. The best thing is she's technically 28, so it's all legal ;3

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Megadanxzero said:
CuRoi said:I, for one, was disgusted by the child abuse present in Tales of Symphonia. Im surprised more people havent made light of this.
I was disgusted by the LACK of it. There should have at least been a Presea sex minigame. The best thing is shes technically 28, so its all legal ;3
Smilie

You are so close to being illegal!! Smilie Yet not.

Frazzle.d said:
Fuck me, even Dr. Who has been showing Londoners getting vapourised, kidnapped and chased by unmentionables pre-watershed.
Good point, Dr Who has tons of places set in churches & Aliens breaking stuff, but noo, lets not shout at Doctor Who, 'cos Britain lurves Doctor Who (Is true) lets shout at the game that has a few little aliens.

Kids can't even play it; Doctor Who can be as scary as hell without even being over PG-13. Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I think it's just a bit of the old *nudge nudge* *wink wink* *drop a bit of extra cash in the collection during church* from Sony

They're now demanding an apology and a donation.. queue the slow decline of demands. Honestly, this is rubbish. The church is a "place", not intellectual property. If a novel described a brutal attack or even rape inside the church, they'd be able to do nothing about it. Christians might be uncomfortable with the notion of violence in a Church, but its a very tenuous claim they've got going on.

GR781 said:
Theyre now demanding an apology and a donation.. queue the slow decline of demands. Honestly, this is rubbish. The church is a place, not intellectual property. If a novel described a brutal attack or even rape inside the church, theyd be able to do nothing about it. Christians might be uncomfortable with the notion of violence in a Church, but its a very tenuous claim theyve got going on.
Yeah, it'd be like having to ask NASA to set a game on Mars or something >.>

The church building is just a place. An actual church is a body of people, but not really the building.

Agahnim2 said:
Its just a church for fuck sake, bomb the fucking thing and blame god for it.
It ain't just a church you cunt, It is a holy place where christians go to on sunday.Smilie

Onwards, TO NOWHERE! Proud owner of Farming Simulator 2013.

Firefly said:
Agahnim2 said:Its just a church for fuck sake, bomb the fucking thing and blame god for it.
It aint just a church you cunt, It is a holy place where christians go to on sunday.Smilie
#

um, isnt that what a church is?

so everyone i know who played the level does not recall a bloodbath with hundreds of rival gunmen. maybe, since they own the church the have a key to a super secret section where the part they are complaining about actually happens

Lrrr said:
um, isnt that what a church is? so everyone i know who played the level does not recall a bloodbath with hundreds of rival gunmen. maybe, since they own the church the have a key to a super secret section where the part they are complaining about actually happens
That's definitely it. Christian church wins. Smilie

I was in Manchester at the time and I was really tempted to go down, show him some real game violence!

I really hate bullshit like this, especially from Church go-ers. It is not there place to comment on a media they know NOTHING about. Iv researched the Church and could comment on how insulting I think there views, but that is for another time, and another topic.

Go watch most WWII films, notice that many of them feature full blood shed church scenes. Remember a church is a place of refuge in a time of war? This has only got on the news because its another way to bash games - It's pathetic and really does annoy me.

Id loved to have gone down there and just have a conversation about the topic with the man from the news at the church, but i know full well he would have been ignorant to my views on the situation.

It is a building, the reason for the building has fuck all to do with anything as it is not even remotly proven to be real. If i make up a religion and gather a cult to my local petrol station, that would not change that it is only a building, and would be featured if wanted.

A fight between an optional religion and a subject media that they have no clue about, no favor for and only a strange opinion that the recent new science of computer games are a bad thing.

If anything did happen from this, id expect every movie that features such scenes to be removed from the market and id fight against a church or religious NPC being used in a game forever. After all opinion beats logic Smilie

Wo33eR ::: Wo33eR.CoM Website :: Cubed-3 :: [ General Writer :: Reveiwer ]

34,723/1,119,437 - World :: 6,399/137,860 - UK

i thought i should just point this out

the church are concerned about how the use of guns to kill the few aliens on a four minute section of teh game may encourage gun crime on the streets and in the church.

but what about the 29 other levels (2 of which are in Manchester) in the game, they think its all right to shoot aliens there?

and what about CoD2. there was a church section there based on part of WWII yet no ones complaining

There has been a load more of it in the news today, the church are really sticking to their guns on this Smilie.

Somone raised a point about churches being places of refuge, which i supppose is a good point only the church in the game is not used in that manner, and besides you still have guns blazing in a religious site that many hold dear. Sony will never learn.

I am interested to see how this will effect the development of other real life locations in games in the future. LS

Linkyshinks said:
Somone raised a point about churches being places of refuge, which i supppose is a good point only the church in the game is not used in that manner LS

the characters go there seeking refuge, then 20 aliens attack it. you kill them, walk out level done

Seeking refuge while armed to the teeth I imagine Smilie. Churches are only refuges by the law of the land, it was stupid of them to go in there expecting the Chimera to give a fuck. LSSmilie

Lrrr said:
and what about CoD2. there was a church section there based on part of WWII yet no ones complaining
Money in Church pocket = Silly news story = Publicity

Lrrr said:
Smilie

If only the church knew about Anime & Manga, they'd have more than a field day... Or if they knew that Pok

Lrrr said:

SmilieLS

Lrrr said:

Smilie people on the internet work fast these days

SuperLink said:
Lrrr said:
SmilieIf only the church knew about Anime & Manga, theyd have more than a field day... Or if they knew that Pok

"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Deviantart Profile-||-Myspace

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.