Cubed3 Nintendo gaming, Wii and DS

Police 'suspect Madeleine mother'

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: Today 04:14
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Latest update on the Madeleine case - Now they think its the mother...

So do you think the family killed the daughter, then turned it into a high profile media storm then raked in all the charity money?
What do you think?

Link

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

They have no idea. If they bothered to check CuRoi's luggage on his return from Portugal, they would get their answerSmilie For legal reasons, I can so no more.:cooldude:

If they go down this path, it will be another Lindy Chamberlain (dingo and Azaria) all over again. Seems like a wild story to me, but just like Lindy, so many people will want to believe that it was the mother. They will read all sorts of bizarre ideas into what she says and does. My sympathy stays with the mother.

Temporarily banned until further notice.

Knowing that both them are doctors, perhaps some sort of chemical/sedative which will make her sleep easier, overdosed, tried to cover up with the whole disappearance thingy?

i think its the mother that killed her

img62.imageshack.us/img62/8978/ssbb21tr.jpg

I just wrote a long rant about how i think they're guilty as hell. And pressed delete to edit a word and the whole f@*#ing thing disapeared. Sometimes i hate computers.SmilieSmilieSmilie

ctrl z?

He means Backspace. There's no undoing that ;-;

Personally I don't see why anyone cares about this girl... She's just some random girl? Kids go missing all the time and no-one gives a shit...

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Megadanxzero said:
He means Backspace. Theres no undoing that ;-;Personally I dont see why anyone cares about this girl... Shes just some random girl? Kids go missing all the time and no-one gives a shit...
Finally somebody that sees it the same way as me.

And aren't the parents usually the first suspects, how come this took so long. There is something fishy about leaving a room unlocked with you're child in it, anyway that's neglect.

Megadanxzero said:
Personally I dont see why anyone cares about this girl... Shes just some random girl? Kids go missing all the time and no-one gives a shit...

Firstly i mean it really is a tradegy that a little girl has been most likely murdered but it's the fact that she comes from britain (or for that matter any Western European or N.America nation) people seem to forget that there are children starving to death in Africa, Latin America and Asia, but just because he comes from one of the elite nations of the world there is this big hullablue about it. What about all the kids abducted, raped, homeless, parentless in Iraq because of the US and British invasion.

( Edited on 07.09.2007 22:48 by Co Chief Resident John Dorian )

Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clichť. They were the statement and the definition."

Co Chief Resident John Dorian said:
Megadanxzero said:Personally I dont see why anyone cares about this girl... Shes just some random girl? Kids go missing all the time and no-one gives a shit...
Firstly i mean it really is a tradegy that a little girl has been most likely murdered but its the fact that she comes from britain (or for that matter any Western European or N.America nation) people seem to forget that there are children starving to death in Africa, Latin America and Asia, but just because he comes from one of the elite nations of the world there is this big hullablue about it. What about all the kids abducted, raped, homeless, parentless in Iraq because of the US and British invasion.( Edited on 07.09.2007 22:48 by Co Chief Resident John Dorian )
Another person to see the point I make everyday. I'm starting to like this.

Angus, Angus, Angus...

she's very different from the other dying kids...
None of them share Madeline's white skin and pretty hair, Britain feels no emotional connection, therefore only Maddy deserves rescuing.

(QED) Smilie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Duffman ~~~~~~~~~
"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

I'd be pretty pissed off if my kid was missing. The only reason this story got so famous is because they're rich. Fucking sucks doesn't it? A reminder to how money gets you everywhere.

Of course it's sad that she's missing, but to spend months in the limelight with ridiculous amounts of money pouring in for it? Honestly, why did people send them money? That money could go towards kids in starving countries, but some stupid retards in this country can't see that can they.

The attention is a product of the media. Yes, it was given over the top press coverage, but that is not the fault of the parents. I have been accusing the media of only caring about white, English speaking people when it comes to tragedy (generally speaking - so many equal, but unequal cases I could cite), so I am not giving the girl preferential treatment.

A tragedy in one form is mutually exclusive to all other tragic events. Just because kids die of starvation in Africa or are abducted, raped and killed in South America, doesn't mean we should lose feelings for this one girl. I feel empathy and sympathy for all of them.

oldschool said:
Just because kids die of starvation in Africa or are abducted, raped and killed in South America, doesnt mean we should lose feelings for this one girl. I feel empathy and sympathy for all of them.

That's what i said, just because this one little white girl got abducted or whatever i should but all sympathy towards her and her family, no i shouldn't. It's currently estimated that 29,000 people die each day from hunger, but i suppose I shouldn't care about them because they are darker than me or share a different religious belief or have different facial features. The simple and right answer is NO. Every person who dies, white, black, hispanic, asian, muslim, jewish, catholic etc deserves your sympathy, not the ones who follow a christian belief and have white skin.

Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clichť. They were the statement and the definition."

I'm sure there are plenty of other British kids who have gone missing that we haven't heard a single word about too though... This whole thing completely baffles me. It's kinda frightening, the amount of power that the media has over people too... No-one would this much if it hadn't been all over the news

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Apparently it just highlights that kids aren't safe anywhere. Even if you do leave alone them in an unlocked apartment whil you go out for dinner as what apparently happened

I am very much liking what I am hearing in this thread. By the way, I'd recommend you all watch Frontline. Its an old Australian parody on current affair programs, I am sure Oldschool knows it.

Strange how a pair of supposedly distrought parents can, from the very begining get a publisist and hold press conferences and photo shoots. I find it all rather sickening.
The media and public seem to have gone into hysterai over one missing girl.

iCAME said:
I am very much liking what I am hearing in this thread. By the way, Id recommend you all watch Frontline. Its an old Australian parody on current affair programs, I am sure Oldschool knows it.

Yes, I do. Classic comedy. As true today as it was 10 years ago.

Don't anyone misunderstand me. She got far more media attention because she was 'white, blonde and pretty'. That is the fault of the media, not the parents. Imagine you were the parents, you would also do anything and accept anything if you thought that it would help find your child. I don't think we should just not care. This is every parents worst nightmare - imagine how your parents would feel if it were you (as I do as a parent).

BUT

We should care more about all of the other problems inflicted upon children worldwide.

Like a few have sarcastically alluded to - these parents brought this upon themselves in a way. Leaving their children alone (because they didn't trust babysitters) is just bad parenting. One second to make a bad decision, a lifetime to regretSmilie

I dont think anyone can really jump to any conclusions because of the nature of non disclosure by the portuguese authorities. However, given the fact they have their suspicions well trained on the couple now it makes you wonder what evidence has now come to light.

This new turn seems to have much to do with blood samples found in a rental car that was used 25 days after the supposed abduction, if that is the case there is definitely something well dodgy going on.

I do doubt very much it was murder myself, but even accidental death seems just as bizarre as it would have meant that dinner they were having with friends was all part of some elaborate cover, as was a friend saying he saw a man with a child wrapped in a blanket?.

Best to wait on futhur developments, one thing is for sure, if the Porto police are wrong they are going to get gunned by the worlds press, also because of their interaction with the media, or lack of it. I understand they have laws their but someone should have been appointed to liase with the worlds media in some brief capacity. The leaking of details to the press is also dubious given their laws that they seem to want to enforce properly. This whole forced confession thing that happened to another woman is also going to bring them under the spotlight futhur.

If, they have got this wrong they are fucked quite frankly and should be rightfully ridiculed. remember also itwas british forensics that found this sample of blood in a car that should have no physical connection with the child. {LS]

I have been disgusted with the hysteria also concerning this case.

( Edited on 08.09.2007 13:04 by Linkyshinks )

So, they left their children, alone in a foreign country? To leave them unsupervised while abroad was just plain stupid of them especially since they're as young as 3 and 2.

( Edited on 08.09.2007 22:33 by Umbreon Um Um )

FFS.....

The reason why this has not gotten so much media attention is not because the family is white, not because they are rich, or anything conspiracy theory-ish.

The reason we don't hear about 99% of the other cases, the children dying in Africa, homeless people and every other fucking person that suffers even remotely is because no one cares, to put it bluntly.

It would be impossible to report every individual and group case of suffering in some form or another that someone points out as deserving of as much attention as this. Also, the fact these things goes on all the time means they're pretty standard. Everyone already knows people are starving in Africa, everybody already knows here are homeless people, how is that news all of a sudden? the major part of the word news is new, and people starving to death is nothing new, things like Comic Relief make sure of that.

Newspapers everyday have to have something to print (same goes for other forms of media in reporting). They aren't gonna waste time and money on old stories people already know about or aren't in any way significant, what's the point. There's plenty of other information that people don't know and that are far more interesting that they can report on. One of the points of media and news is new information, new stories. Again, God knows how many Africans starving isn't new, and if it isn't new then it's not gonna be particularly interesting or compelling to read if you know about it, and here's another major point, it isn't going to sell papers or get viewers.

The reason why this has got so much attention is because of circumstances (the child being taken out of their own hotel room after they only left her in her own room for a few minutes, not bad parenting if you ask me), the drama of it all which keeps it new and interesting(especially the whole it could be her mother things), especially with the side story of supposed incompetence of the Portugal police and all the secrecy keeping people interested (last time I heard this story anyway). Not because they're white, not because they're rich, because it's an interesting story the public wants to know about, and it sells papers/gets viewers, that's all.

Also, as far as I know, in quite a few cases, especially if the police don't have many leads, then press conferences and appeals are commonplace, not because they're attention seeking whores. In that case, it makes sense to have some form of PR/Publicist to help manage it all.

( Edited on 08.09.2007 23:06 by Modplan Man )

No, it's because they're rich with connections.

Hundreds of other white kids are missing in the UK.

And if a missing person is mentioned in the news, its only brief and not a daily thing like it is with Madeline.

knighty said:
No, its because theyre rich with connections.Hundreds of other white kids are missing in the UK.

I already explained in the original post ffs. Thanks to circumstances, the fact that it sells papers and it's gotten people interested and a few other things (as I mentioned, secrecy and the whole portugal is incomptetant thing) is why there's been prolonged media interest.

( Edited on 09.09.2007 01:10 by Modplan Man )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.

Follow this topic Follow this topic

Keep up with new comments with the RSS feed for this topic, or subscribe via email above.

Share this topic Share this topic

One Radio - Cubed3's Glass to the Wall
Latest news and updatesSite Feed
Vote on our latest community pollNintendo Poll
Vote: Which eShop Games will you Download this Week (EU)?
Watch Dogs
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Rock Zombie
Wild Guns
Natsume Championship Wrestling
101 Pony Pets 3D
Asterix The Mansions of the Gods
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
Tetris Ultimate
Around the World in 80 Days
Lufia: The Legend Returns
Member of the weekMember of the Week
This week's top member is SirLink , awarded the most stars for great posts.
Online Play and ChatOnline Nintendo Play & Chat
General Chatroom: Click here to chat Wii U Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo Wii U users 3DS Nintendo Network Codes - Find other Nintendo 3DS users
Listen to our Nintendo Jukebox - Classic Mario, Zelda, Metroid songs and more Nintendo news and reviews on the move