Mario Kart Wii - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Mario Kart Wii (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

mage_mccloud said:
Well hopefully the sutralian release isn\'t delayed cause this game is looking awesome, i hope sega gets off their butts and start develpoment of an online fzero game

Fzero wont be made by SEGA ever again, Miyamoto hated GX. I am confident Nintendo will bring the game back at some point, and hopefully with a new vision that was impactful as the first. They will certainly be looking to do that with Pilot Wings Wii.

I am liking the stuff on MK on DS-Wii Fanboy. The Mario Kart Channel looks awesome, check out the Rankings screen with the Mii\'s. Wii owners around Wiidom are going to be karting hard to get on that screen, I know I will Smilie

(link on the homepage)

EDIT:

^\"However, i suppose racing with a Link and Ness Mii won\'t be so bad\"^

Roll on the countless Hitler Mii\'s Smilie

( Edited 21.03.2008 16:39 by Linkyshinks )

Eurogamer reviews Mario Kart, and they seem to enjoy it!Smilie

This'll be the first MK I won't be buying. Its only appeal - the online - is useless to me. I can't get my Wii past the university firewall (believe, me I've tried). Take that away and its the same old Mario Kart, a game I've already bought five times.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

I've decided to get this on launch day over GTA IV. I think Mario Kart comes out a week before GTA. I will have both but i've been wanted this forever and I haven't really done much with the Wii lately.

I'm actually quite excited about this game. I just hope it doen't come with an update that will block the freeloader.

A New Japanese trailer for the game. It also shows some more new courses, like; DK Jungle Parkway from the N64.

Also 2 part videos giving you an idea of how the Wii Wheel works

Part 1

Part 2

Enjoy! Smilie

( Edited 27.03.2008 12:08 by Marzy )

To use jb's term, why should we have to settle for something "solid", this is MK for fucks sake. Why?, because this is what Nintendo have started to do, they only push in the directions where they see profit now and good reason. As far as Nintendo were concerned they did enough with this title as you see it. That is troubling, when I see this game I cannot see the evidence of them striving to create a special game in the same way you can see it in Brawl and Galaxy. It's just another version of MK that will sell well across the board due to the changes they have made, one's that mean even more so leveling of the field.

Linkyshinks, do you not see the fact that despite you as an educated consumer know that this game will be under par, yet you are still buying it! Ok, same ole mario kart and what not, but to be honest most people don't really care! Not the massess anyway, and thats who Nintendo are appealing to now.

They might not be putting as much effort into developing this game as past iterations simply because they knew people would buy it regardless.

However, i guess that comment would go for Galaxy and Brawl anyway as most people probs would have bought them either way.

I have to say that i just placed a pre-order myself, not looking like the best mario kart ever but i did enjoy DD, don't know why everyone hated it as much as they did. Not the best in the series but by no mean is it a bad game! Multiplayer with 4 people is well funny. Shame the blue shell ruins all.

I doubt i'll be using the Wii Wheel in this as well, seems like a pointless add on if you ask me, but it is a marketing ploy so i can understand from Nintendo's view point. I'll probs try all controller settings, most likely stick with the cube one though.

Flynnie said:
To use jb\'s term, why should we have to settle for something \"solid\", this is MK for fucks sake. Why?, because this is what Nintendo have started to do, they only push in the directions where they see profit now and good reason. As far as Nintendo were concerned they did enough with this title as you see it. That is troubling, when I see this game I cannot see the evidence of them striving to create a special game in the same way you can see it in Brawl and Galaxy. It\'s just another version of MK that will sell well across the board due to the changes they have made, one\'s that mean even more so leveling of the field.

Linkyshinks, do you not see the fact that despite you as an educated consumer know that this game will be under par, yet you are still buying it! Ok, same ole mario kart and what not, but to be honest most people don\'t really care! Not the massess anyway, and thats who Nintendo are appealing to now.

They might not be putting as much effort into developing this game as past iterations simply because they knew people would buy it regardless.

However, i guess that comment would go for Galaxy and Brawl anyway as most people probs would have bought them either way.

I have to say that i just placed a pre-order myself, not looking like the best mario kart ever but i did enjoy DD, don\'t know why everyone hated it as much as they did. Not the best in the series but by no mean is it a bad game! Multiplayer with 4 people is well funny. Shame the blue shell ruins all.

I doubt i\'ll be using the Wii Wheel in this as well, seems like a pointless add on if you ask me, but it is a marketing ploy so i can understand from Nintendo\'s view point. I\'ll probs try all controller settings, most likely stick with the cube one though.

-------------------------------------

First off Brawl especially and Galaxy are top draw, Brawl has production values that are quite simply astonishing!. They are certainly not underpar games that should be linked to this game made by a second string team.

I think they were obviously working on a much bigger game in their eyes in order to be distracted from a franchise like this. As well as wanting to attract the expanded audience.. This is what MK has become, they no longer see it as the title it once was and have created a game well tuned for the family.

Of course I am buying it, it\'s Mario Kart!, it\'s not a terrible game just very very underwhelming for some fans. I was expecting so much more, that\'s the reason why I bought Brawl on import, because Mario Kart is a weak consolation for it in my eyes.

I wanted a fresh new game a fully fledged Wii game dripping with the highest quality art and graphics Nintendo had at their disposal. I did not want another rehash!, with a weak online component that lacks vital selections in Battle Mode. I will still be happy to buy it because MK\'s core formula will still be there and the game will be fun online, for the most part. The Channel I must say is looking pretty nifty, not even reviewers have had a chance to try it out.

I hear ONM reviewed it and gave the game a 90% without even having access to the online component. Nintendo have said it is not functional yet.

ONM Smilie

10 fricking days to go Smilie

( Edited 31.03.2008 07:07 by Linkyshinks )

I hear ONM reviewed it and gave the game a 90% without even having access to the online component. Nintendo have said it is not functional yet.

They were testing the online with 2000 connections a week in January, so I don't see how the online is not functional, especially considering they probably started pressing the final DVDs a few weeks ago, to package them up and ship them. Although maybe Nintendo didn't want reviewers to play it so early, as ign said their preview copy didn't have any online.

Well when exactly did the ONM come out that had the review?, that would shed some light on it. Besides that testing is done in house is it not, I doubt they allow magazines to be part of the process.

Whatever the case may be reviewing a game without full access to a online component is crazy.

( Edited 01.05.2008 15:38 by Linkyshinks )

I wouldn't say the online mode is weak..at least not for a wifi connection game. Sounds way more robust than brawls.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Blade2t3 said:
I wouldn't say the online mode is weak..at least not for a wifi connection game. Sounds way more robust than brawls.

What!, Brawls is great!, I doubt this will be in the same league as Brawls is. I have never played a Nintendo game with so huge a chunk dedicated to online as Brawl has, it's mind boggling. You clearly have no idea how many online options you have. It's brilliant. I do wish Brawl had a channel like this though, that would be pretty cool.

Yes you have those standard online modes you would expect might be alright for some, but not me, I wont be happy with it. This nonsense of throwing you into teams of three and not being able to play CoOp and play individually in Battle Mode for your own skin can only sux big time.

It's all down to Nintendo not wanting kids to feel like individual losers, but if they lose as part of a team in Nintendo's eyes it softens the blow Smilie

It's a huge shame for the game and franchise like MK, but it's still MK..

2 player coop online plus 10 other players online > brawl online.

I also like the way you can join someone in middle of play, well you gotta wait untill the end of the particular race there in but it seems like it will be easier to get games going.

( Edited 01.05.2008 17:15 by Blade2t3 )

There is way much more stuff Brawls online component, you have spectating and betting, vault data, online stats.

I wonder, how many of that 12 can be with friends, I mean that is the whole point, at least in Brawl I can play alonside 3 Wii friends easily.

( Edited 01.05.2008 17:49 by Linkyshinks )

Well i\'m happy just going online locaaly with my friend in 2 player and competing with 10 strangers, it\'s one of the resons i still play halo3.

Thing with smash bros is that it\'s 4 player, I\'m aware any more and it would be hectic but I mean 2 drop out and your stuck playing 2 player (or 4 player with 2 botsSmilie ) at least with bigger games you have a few more players to fall back on.

I wasn\'t aware there was stats tracking, i\'m pretty sure there isn\'t any. Betting sound boring and custom stages while I like the idea, they missed a big opertunity as you can\'t play them online.

( Edited 01.05.2008 17:53 by Blade2t3 )

Doubled checked my pre-order today, and this is still on the way, thank the lord. (Trouble with games-shop)

I suppose that\'ll mean more Friend-code swapping, so will there be a Mario Kart Wii Wi-Fi thread? Can\'t wait to take you lot on with my Mii. Smilie

( Edited 02.04.2008 17:29 by Phoenixus )

After watching some videos of people playing with the wheel, I think it looks really good and fun to use. I'm definetly gonna give it a go.

I'll be pre-ordering my copy soon. I can't wait to play online. Hopefully we can get some 12 player races on C3. Smilie

I'm really not looking forward to this game, i think the series on a whole has been in decline with the exception of mario kart ds. I thought MK 64 & Double Dash were god awful, Bikes dont excite me either. I Hope I'm wrong its brilliant i wouldn't hold my breath though.

Seems that Famitsu gave MK Wii 37/40! That\'s 3 9\'s and a 10! Maybe they\'ve been able to try the online side of things.Smilie

Edit; Another Vid;

( Edited 02.04.2008 19:02 by Phoenixus )

I really do feel sorry for the people who are excited for these games online. Welcome to 15 years ago. Starcraft came out 10 years ago 2 days ago and Battle.Net at the time rivaled the first version of Xbox Live. Why can\'t Nintendo?

( Edited 02.04.2008 19:05 by knighty )

But....we know that. Unfortunately, Mario Kart isn't on any other platform so. We've got no choice. Playing co-op and with 10 other people still should be a laugh. Can only hope matchmaking isn't super fucking slow and shit.

What's this about CoOp? It's news to me. Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I meant splitscreen online.

Ah good. Well, personally I wouldn't have expected any less. I wouldn't want to have to buy 2 Wiis & 2 copies so me & my bro could play online at the same time Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Comment on Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (50 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.