Mario Kart Wii - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Mario Kart Wii (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

^^Moi.

Thankfully I'm blissfully unaware of Nintendo doing that yet. All my prayers were answered when I found out me & my bro could play Brawl online at the same time without an extra console.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Crackdown was understandable though, being a huge free roaming environment. Annoying all the same, I agree.

^lol was me Smilie

( Edited 03.04.2008 01:23 by Blade2t3 )

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Mario Kart Wii site has opened. Pretty good.

I must admit it does look a lot better graphically speaking in that HD trailer on the official site.

This advert has been released on the Japanese Nintendo Channel

I like the huge Mii statue of yourself you can have in one level Smilie

( Edited 04.04.2008 08:06 by Linkyshinks )

I can't wait for this game!Smilie

Nintendo have a new "Iwata Asks" interview on the Wii Site, it can be found here. Smilie

I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but from what I've heard it an interesting interview. There's also rumour going around that Rosalina from Mario Galaxy is a playable character, as well as Boo.

Yeah I was thinking Rosaline, he says theres a new charachter at the end of the interview, seems like it would make sense to be either her or one of those little fat star things (can\'t remember there name!).

Also confirms that Mario kart DS online portion was indeed rushed and wasn\'t intended to be in it at the start of development.

( Edited 05.04.2008 03:48 by Blade2t3 )

Blade2t3 said:
Yeah I was thinking Rosaline, he says theres a new charachter at the end of the interview, seems like it would make sense to be either her or one of those little fat star things (can't remember there name!).

Also confirms that Mario kart DS online portion was indeed rushed and wasn't intended to be in it at the start of development.

That's kind of good if true, it may mean we could see a new game in the DSs life. I would love to see a new DS game with new tracks and a better online mode focused on great competition for all kinds of players.

I'm in a bad situation, I can't find Mario Kart Wii anywhere online, it's sold out on every shopping site! Smilie

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me and idea where to order it from or know any site that still have it in stock.

Thanks
Ross

Can't really help on the online retailer side of things Marzy, but I think this looks promising. Smilie

Had a couple of races on Mario Kart Wii today at GAME. I really enjoyed using the Wii Wheel. Smilie

( Edited 05.04.2008 18:19 by iFrit )

EDGE gives MKWii a 6! Ouch!Smilie

Phoenixus said:
EDGE gives MKWii a 6! Ouch!Smilie

It's bound to get the odd few like that.

I respect EDGE\'s reviews a damn slight more than any official mags or Famitsu.

Remember their reviews have always had their average at a lower point than other places.

( Edited 06.04.2008 00:09 by knighty )

Yeah so id expect this to come in at around 7 in most places.

Shame, still it\'s better than what they gave Double Dash.

( Edited 06.04.2008 00:28 by Blade2t3 )

knighty said:
I respect EDGE\'s reviews a damn slight more than any official mags or Famitsu.

Remember their reviews have always had their average at a lower point than other places.

I respect their reviews also, they did give SMG a 10 Smilie. Seriously though I do in fact do. I think we all would have to read the review in full ourselves before we can pass judgement on whether it\'s valid,. EDGE can be notoriously harsh at times, maybe this is one of those cases where it could in fact work out as a 7- near 8.

What did they give Brawl?, or have they not reviewed that yet?

Everyone is still going to buy this game regardless to some of these reviews

( Edited 06.04.2008 12:33 by Linkyshinks )

Edge gave Brawl 9 out of 10 last month. Edge reviews are always good and accurate, but always for the text, the score should always be secondary to the actual review. The review text will tell you what's good and what's not, allowing you to make a decision if it's for you or not. The score is just a number.

I cannot wait for this game.

One of my favorite game series, besides the super smash bros series.8)Smilie

woah!

5 days to go Smilie Thanks squeek.

Marzy, maybe it's time to start looking to buy it at retail and pre ordering.

Damn a 6 from Edge, I must read that review.

I\'ll be going to GAME and buying it on the day methinks. If I can\'t find it I won\'t get it.

Also, Mario Kart DS is probably still the best WiFi game I have played on any Nintendo console. If this beats that then I\'ll be more than satisfied. It will easily be better than Brawl, lag is a huge part, and Mario Kart DS felt completely lagless sometimes. I\'m thinking Mario Kart Wii will aswell.

Also, Boo has already been confirmed for the game. So the new character might be someone else, or Baby Peach Smilie

EDIT: Just did a little research. It is indeed King Boo, I think. Which is cool, he was in DD, I wonder if Petey will return too.

But the info on Rosalina I found was not decisive. It does suggest she\'s in though. I don\'t wanna get my hopes up though, she\'s cool. Smilie

( Edited 07.04.2008 10:23 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Eurogamer have amended there initial review. I would read the last page of this review, if you want some insight into MP.

It still gets a 8:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=95123&page=3

( Edited 07.04.2008 10:30 by Linkyshinks )

Really want this now, might have to pre-order in town and trade in something for the first time in years.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

Comment on Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (50 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.