Mario Kart Wii - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Mario Kart Wii (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Looks like play.com didn't get a very large shipment from Nintendo, they didn't get enough to satisfy my preorder that I made about 6 weeks ago. I'll have to pop round to a few local shops on Friday and hope that it's in stock and not a lot more expensive. I hope there's more luck with my wiifit preorder made at the same time. Seems to me that Nintendo prioritise the physical retailers rather than the online ones.

Re Eurogamer review: Should they really be releasing a review when they don't know all the games features?

Re Eurogamer review: Should they really be releasing a review when they don't know all the games features?

Nope - tis certainly not a good idea to do so. I mean, there's always the chance of overlooking something - but the mistake their made imo would have been quite clear if playing the game for a decent amount of time.

I'll have to pop round to a few local shops on Friday and hope that it's in stock and not a lot more expensive.

I'll probably be trying that too!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Phoenixus said:
Can\'t really help on the online retailer side of things Marzy, but I think this looks promising. Smilie

Thanks Phoenixus. Smilie

Zavvi are still taking preorders for the game. I preordered my copy yesterday from there. I\'m not sure if I\'ll get it on Friday though, as the stock seems to be short everywhere.

Toys R Us are also taking preorders still.

I just found this screenshot as well. It confirms Diddy Kong is in it. Smilie

Image for

( Edited 07.04.2008 11:41 by Marzy )

That character select screen looks a bit mini...

And that does indeed look like King Boo.

So far, it seems the character list is this:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette
Toadsworth (...lol)
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Koopa Troopa
King Boo
Mii

I\'ve heard other stuff too I\'m not sure if that list is 100% true, but it seems so. I still don\'t believe the Rosalina bit too much, it\'d be cool but I don\'t wana get my hopes up Smilie

Here are some rumoured characters:
Shy Guy
Birdo
Wiggler
Koopa Bones (I call Dry Bones Koopa Bones, it sounds cooler Smilie)
R.O.B.
Bowser Jr

From what I\'ve read, Bowser Jr is the only one not making it from that rumoured list. The \"roster\" is 24, not including Miis, methinks, similarly to on Mario & Sonic.

( Edited 07.04.2008 13:58 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Birdo would be great as would Bowser Jr. Wiggler, are you sure, how the hell would he fit in the cart!?

I secured my copy today in store at BB Video Smilie I get the feeling the same thing is going to happen as it did with Link's C, any bit of Nintendo white plastic in the box is going to sell fast resulting in shortages. I recommend all you people actually go out today as I did and vist a few shops, as online it's not looking good for getting it on Friday.

Is anyone actually going to buy another WiiWheel straight off?.

A friend of mine is just to satisfy his mum who will inevitably want to play with the wheel.

Might try it myself for the first few goes then revert back to GC controller.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

I won't be buying another one unless it feels incredible with it or somthing..which I doubt. I'll probably just stick with Wiimote nunchuck for wirlessness.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Yeah I think I will be doing the same, thing is my housemates want me to get one.

Apparently the wheel has a learning curve but once you get used to it, it can be pretty good.

( Edited 07.04.2008 19:53 by Linkyshinks )

apparently the roster includes characters liiike

Two news videos up, some guy got it early and has revealed loads on the game. Beware, spoilers overload. Smilie

Part 1

Part 2

Now that all the courses are confirmed and stuff, I\'ll edit the first post too.

Enjoy! Smilie

( Edited 08.04.2008 14:56 by Marzy )

Cool videos, to hell with spoilers this is Mario Kart there aren't any really.

Yeah, Baby Daisy seems pretty much confirmed... bit of a WTF character, since I'm not even sure if Baby Luigi is in it...

And Rosalina is a heavyweight apparantly?

The character roster seems really weird TBH. No Koopa Bones, but Bowser Bones... Smilie And no R.O.B.? Smilie

At least there isn't Birdo... but I hate Bowser Jr. >.< I thought they would have killed him off by now.

SuperLink said:
Yeah, Baby Daisy seems pretty much confirmed... bit of a WTF character, since I'm not even sure if Baby Luigi is in it...

And Rosalina is a heavyweight apparantly?

The character roster seems really weird TBH. No Koopa Bones, but Bowser Bones... Smilie And no R.O.B.? Smilie

At least there isn't Birdo... but I hate Bowser Jr. >.< I thought they would have killed him off by now.

Dry Bones is in it too, the below images shows it's Dry Bones.

Image for

Here's images of some other characters.

Bowser Jr

Image for

Baby Daisy

Image for

Rosalina

Image for

Daisy

Image for

Toadette

Image for

Bowser Bones

Image for

Funky Kong

Image for

Enjoy! Smilie

Good research there Marzy... yeah, I definitely don't understand why they need Koopa Bones & Bowser Bones. Not much hope for R.O.B. atm...

And god I hope Rosalina isn't heavyweight... I can't imagine why she would be, it just sounds silly. Smilie

That's cool, those are great additions!. I am really looking forward to this now, I know the game is not perfect but I think I will enjoy what it has to offer.

If Rosalina wasn't so noble and omniscient, she would probably take great offense to Nintendo calling her fat.

No, I'm not dropping this, yes it is an injustice, and no, I don't really want to main a heavyweight. Smilie

It is well weird that she's a heavy, it makes no sense at all Smilie

Online fully revealed-
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/865/865110p1.html

Thanks Superlink. I got the images from ONM forums. A gal over there has got hers early and has unlocked most of the characters. She just has one more to unlock apparently, so she should get it posted up soon. Smilie

I think Bowser Bones looks really cool. Plus I\'ve always loved heavy weight characters in Mario Kart, so he\'s a good addition for me. Smilie

( Edited 08.04.2008 17:11 by Marzy )

Competitions: One tasked racers with taking out ten Pokey's as quickly as possible around Mario Kart DS's Desert Hills track. The second challenge completely reworked DS Yoshi Falls, adding jump-inducing mushrooms to the normally barren central pit, the goal being to reach the finish line as quickly as possible. The fact that it's possible for Nintendo to add new obstacles and significantly alter tracks via a simple download suggests we might be seeing some really interesting stuff later down the line. Whatever form a Competition takes though, you're free to practice the challenge as many times as you like, only uploading your best result when you're entirely happy with your performance.

That sounds awesomeSmilie

Argh... it's probably Baby Luigi... Smilie

So much for R.O.B./ShyGuy Smilie

Ah well, seems like the roster is confirmed. It's not bad really. Apparantly Rosalina is Middle Weight afterall, though I guess we'll see. I guess Baby Daisy is the new Toadette/Waluigi (created to be a counterpart of another character)

So I'll prolly main Baby/Daisy, Rosalina or good ol' Yoshi. Smilie

SuperLink said:
Argh... it\'s probably Baby Luigi... Smilie

So much for R.O.B./ShyGuy Smilie

Ah well, seems like the roster is confirmed. It\'s not bad really. Apparantly Rosalina is Middle Weight afterall, though I guess we\'ll see. I guess Baby Daisy is the new Toadette/Waluigi (created to be a counterpart of another character)

So I\'ll prolly main Baby/Daisy, Rosalina or good ol\' Yoshi. Smilie

Smilie There is Baby Luigi confirmed, but I found out there\'s also another one to be confirmed now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Here\'s a list of the supposedly confirmed unlockables, apart from the final one to be confirmed.

Baby Luigi
Baby Daisy
Toadette
Dry Bones
Diddy
Daisy
Bowser Jr.
?????
Rosalina
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser
King Boo

That competition mode sounds awesome too. Smilie

( Edited 08.04.2008 16:33 by Marzy )

Oh... it's Birdo... fuck. Smilie

SuperLink said:
Oh... it\'s Birdo... fuck. Smilie

According to the gal on the ONM forums, she said she saw Birdo in the credits, so looks like our final character is Birdo. Smilie

( Edited 08.04.2008 17:57 by Marzy )

If they can download obstacles into the game why the hell didnt gamers get the same creation tools, it would have been a great addition to the series.

Still the competitions sound great and substantial, and are also something else that reviewers could not have had a chance to playtest.

( Edited 09.04.2008 13:36 by Linkyshinks )

Just two more days now.Smilie
Is someone going to set up a Wi-fi M K Wii thread or are we going to transfer Friend Codes here? Smilie

Comment on Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (50 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.