Mario Kart Wii - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Mario Kart Wii (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

There will probably be a thread and a chat room created too.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Really looking forward to this. Mario Kart is always a multiplayer favourite. Particularly with beer and snacks. Smilie

I have my worries though, as i'm sure many others have probably stated.

I don't think the wii steering wheel thing will be used, I'm pretty positive i'll give it one or two go's and then end up chucking it into the corner, and using the wii mote or the Gamecube controller. (don't have the funds for a wii classic controller too Smilie)

The trick system - I realise that the tricks actually serve a purpose, i.e. speed boosts, but I still have this niggling feeling that it's going to be gimmicky.

I saw a level where the karter is bouncing on mushrooms, and I wasn't to impressed by this, I want to be on a track!

Now, I may be worrying for no effing reason, and i'm hoping that the game proves me wrong on all counts. Nintendo are good at that if the past is anything to go by.

Roll on Friday. Smilie

Anyone remember the good old days of thegamesforum.net? MK WII FC : 4167-4622-3954

Wiibertine said:
Really looking forward to this. Mario Kart is always a multiplayer favourite. Particularly with beer and snacks. Smilie

I have my worries though, as i\'m sure many others have probably stated.

I don\'t think the wii steering wheel thing will be used, I\'m pretty positive i\'ll give it one or two go\'s and then end up chucking it into the corner, and using the wii mote or the Gamecube controller. (don\'t have the funds for a wii classic controller too Smilie)

The trick system - I realise that the tricks actually serve a purpose, i.e. speed boosts, but I still have this niggling feeling that it\'s going to be gimmicky.

I saw a level where the karter is bouncing on mushrooms, and I wasn\'t to impressed by this, I want to be on a track!

Now, I may be worrying for no effing reason, and i\'m hoping that the game proves me wrong on all counts. Nintendo are good at that if the past is anything to go by.

Roll on Friday. Smilie

Mushroom Gorge looks like the most fun to me.

Roll on the WiFi Hub, cannot wait till Friday.

( Edited 09.04.2008 13:38 by Linkyshinks )

Yippeeeee
Just got a text from GAME saying that my Pre-Order can be collected tomorrow (Thursday) Smilie

Best bit is... i ordered 2 copies... YAY

( Edited 09.04.2008 17:04 by Shagster )

MKWii FC 4081-5636-6351 <<-- add me SSBB FC 2707-3062-7319 <<-- add me

Shagster said:
Yippeeeee
Just got a text from GAME saying that my Pre-Order can be collected tomorrow (Thursday) Smilie

So it looks like some people will be getting it tomorrow, in which case I have more time to gather info on possible Freeloader blockage Smilie

( Edited 09.04.2008 17:14 by SuperLink )

My mate got his today Smilie

Nintendo seem to have blocked the Freeloader, via the actual game discs (ahhh)-

http://kotaku.com/377176/your-freeloader-may-be-useless-on-mario-kart

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Yay! my Zavvi order has changed from \'Back Order\' to \'In Progress\'. I don\'t want to get my hopes up, but I\'m thinking there\'s a chance it could come on Friday now. Smilie

( Edited 09.04.2008 18:28 by Marzy )

Yippeeeee

( Edited 09.04.2008 17:04 by Shagster )

Was it a general message? I might be able to get mine aswell if that's the case.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

im not sure weather to get it when it comes or not, not because i dont want it, but because of exams. its the holidays for me at the moment and i want to focus revising, but if i dont buy it, i probs wont get it untill the beggining of june when my AS exams are over.
help. and if i get it i will only play it late at night, cause im not ment to be buying games because im ment to be revising, but i dont know if i have what it takes to withstand the urge of playing MK WII!

shiptoncraig said:
Yippeeeee

Was it a general message? I might be able to get mine aswell if that's the case.

worth a try, i asked them to text me when it was in, so they must be there just waiting to be picked up.Smilie

i'll be posting my FC sometime after 5pm if anyone wants to race (if the server doesn't go tits-up that is)

Soo.... who's got it, and has it broken their Freeloader? Smilie

Or does anyone know where I can find more info on it...?

Worried now. I need confirmation on the freeloader thing...

My pictures wont appear so heres a smiley

So do I, if anyone now has both Brawl and MK do divulge.

I suppose contacting Datel or Codemasters via email or telephone would get some insight.

( Edited 10.04.2008 09:20 by Linkyshinks )

Officially gutted, Just went to GAME 10 mins ago to be told that the text sent yesterday was a mistake. no MK today. tools.

( Edited 10.04.2008 09:26 by Shagster )

Got my copy last night from asda. Played through 3 cups downloaded a ghost time, breifly tried to connect to an online game, which it connected me to whilst it was being run and said I would have joined in the next game and you can watch the action whilst you wait.

Used the steering wheel all the time, seemed to work ok for me, but I need to get used to it more I think, I'll probably stick with it.

Read the Edge review too, which seemed ok, but seemed to have a problem with the 4 player local multiplayer, saying that they'd sacrificed it for online, which I don't really understand because it's still there, and I doubt they knocked a lot of other online multiplayers down becuase of their short comings in the local Halo 3, Gears of War?
Their main complaint was that the tracks are too wide so the racing lines aren't tight, which is valid, and is a design descision from Nintendo to make it slightly more forgiving.

The 'download a ghost slightly faster than your time' is a really good feature.

The ghost time I downloaded already had some speedy shortcuts/techniques, I'm expecting lots of others.

All the ccs are available from the start too, you don't have to complete the lower ones first.

Adding friends on your Wii friend list by sending them a message is a little bit more online user friendly at least trying to hide the crappy friend code for each game implementation.

Can you tell us anything about Freeloader/Brawl problems? Or do you not have those?

Please tell Sqeek.... i need that info on the freeloader... i really hope u have one.

My pictures wont appear so heres a smiley

Well TBH if he did, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to risk it... So he probably doesn't Smilie

I suggest searching the whole internet. Smilie (That's prolly what I'll be doing...)

This is serious business!

squeek said:
Got my copy last night from asda. Played through 3 cups downloaded a ghost time, breifly tried to connect to an online game, which it connected me to whilst it was being run and said I would have joined in the next game and you can watch the action whilst you wait.

Used the steering wheel all the time, seemed to work ok for me, but I need to get used to it more I think, I'll probably stick with it.

Read the Edge review too, which seemed ok, but seemed to have a problem with the 4 player local multiplayer, saying that they'd sacrificed it for online, which I don't really understand because it's still there, and I doubt they knocked a lot of other online multiplayers down becuase of their short comings in the local Halo 3, Gears of War?
Their main complaint was that the tracks are too wide so the racing lines aren't tight, which is valid, and is a design descision from Nintendo to make it slightly more forgiving.

The 'download a ghost slightly faster than your time' is a really good feature.

The ghost time I downloaded already had some speedy shortcuts/techniques, I'm expecting lots of others.

All the ccs are available from the start too, you don't have to complete the lower ones first.

Adding friends on your Wii friend list by sending them a message is a little bit more online user friendly at least trying to hide the crappy friend code for each game implementation.

Holy shit, Asda? They have it on the shelves already?

Anyone remember the good old days of thegamesforum.net? MK WII FC : 4167-4622-3954

I don't have a freeloader sorry, I just have a UK wii, and bought a UK copy of Mario Kart Wii from Asda as the guy behind the counter obviously didn't know/care the official release date is Friday.

Well, I'm gonna go try my luck Smilie

I think I'm about to kill myself with frustration. Nintendo of Europe are determined to make us as upset about Brawl as possible.

NoE: "Alright then, what'll it be? Mario Kart... or Brawl?"
Me: "You wouldn't....."
NoE: "Oh I WOULD."
Me: "NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Smilie"

I hate Nintendo. Smilie

Adding friends on your Wii friend list by sending them a message is a little bit more online user friendly at least trying to hide the crappy friend code for each game implementation

This is good. I remember thinking ages ago about a feature like this, good to see it's possible.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Comment on Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (50 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jb

There are 2 members online at the moment.