Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Guest 19.08.2008#276

I also got this as a belated birthday gift, might as well post it here.

Image for

Smilie

I've just bought myself Ninja Gaiden DS and Final Fantasy IV today, so i'm looking forward to playing them.
Smilie

Image for

A great comedy, with an alternate cut made up of stuff that didn't make it into the original

Well i just got my PSP Crisis Core pack and i'm so pumped. The game is awesome and i don't know what else to say than every fan of rpg's and ff must buy a psp just for this game.

Image for

And i thought i better start collecting something so i got the first volume of Naruto. Can anyone recommend a shop in Australia that actually sells Manga?

Image for

It's a awesome game, I really enjoyed it also. That PSP looks sweet but I would prefer a GoW red one myself.

Image for

Garou:Mark of the Wolves (Jp)

Guilty Gear X + Soundtrack (Heavy Metal) (Jp)

Capcom Vs SNK (PAL)

Soul Calibur (PAL) because I have a Japanese copy and itwas high time I got the PAL version

Final Fight GBA, because I needed another copy to link up two GB Micro's and play 2 player.

Wii Points, because I ran out last night, and Megaman 9 is on it's way! Smilie

Image for

Image for

+ Various SCIV/FFCC: MLaaK dlc.

Also I'll say what I got in my last post that didn't show up through all the C3 problemos.

Soulcalibur IV + MS Points Card + Alien Hominid HD.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Got homestar ruiner aswell, got it free basically cause I had a bunch of 300 and 100 virtual points card built up over several months.

Also got Bionic commando rearmed and finally had to get a 2GB SD card for the wii to clear out the fridge.

( Edited 22.08.2008 17:49 by James2t3 )

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

On the topic of Downloadable stuff;

Image for

Bloody love it. You can see straight away that this is the grandaddy of Superstar Saga and the Paper series.Smilie

Bart.... said:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland (Japanese Papersleeve edition)

A star for you, good sir. Smilie

Anyway...

Image for

This is an Ibanez AW102. I recently sold a load of old guitar gear and I've been looking for something to act as backup for my gigging guitar. I played this at Dolphin Music in Liverpool and fell in love with it. It's versatile enough for the funk/rock/blues stuff my band does and perfect for jazz - which I really want to explore more. Smilie

Image for

Only �15 at Gameplay. It's about time I got a Wii game. Smilie

Image for

Cheaptastic. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Don't you mean boobtastic? Smilie anyway I got

Image for

Finally got my hands on a 360 a 60gb one too Smilie

Also got

Image for

This game is so awesome online, tbh I prefer it to halo 3 XD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101
Image for

Pretty awesome game.

Woohoo! Smilie

Image for
Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 
Guest 23.08.2008#288

Image for

and

Image for

Works a treat!

hmmmm I can't be bothered to google images on a slow interweb connection so..........

I got guitar hero DS - my first guitar hero, which I found incredibly easy on any mode other than expert, and I also wasn't to keen on the soundtrack.
But I don't mind its easiness - I've seen youtubes of people playing through the fire and flames and stuff and I think I'd much rather play real guitar if it's going to require that much effort to play a game. Smilie

Also bought nanashi no game, which took about 4 hours? to complete...incredibly short with no replay ability...
As for the gameplay it was ok...but when I'm sitting in a corner waiting for the zombie to walk past, sometimes I'm thinking it would be much more fun if I could just pick up a gun and blast it to pieces, and cut out the waiting.

And my brother got fire emblem DS - but I'm trying to stay off games that'll eat up a lot of my time, so I'm not gonna touch it - even though I loved the GBA versions. Smilie

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++
Image for
Image for

And
Image for

Which led to;

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

All brilliant (and in two cases, Rock-Hard) games. Smilie

Best console ever made in mint condition bought privately from another collector.

Image for

Image for

Vintage Ice Climbers Nintendo watch bought for me from Japan by my elder bro.

Image for

( Edited 25.08.2008 17:44 by Linkyshinks )

Image for

For such a simple game, it is incredibally addictive and I haven\'t even tried multiplayer yet. Well worth 500 points. My only problem with it is the fact that your arm and wrist get tired and start to ache really fast due to the waggling nature of the game.

Image for

Nintendo took their time but finally Lost Levels is back on VC. It costs �4.20 but to me it\'s worth every penny. Now if only Nintendo would release Super Mario All-Stars Smilie

( Edited 25.08.2008 22:31 by iFrit yoyo )

I have been recommending that to a few people, it's fucking insane with four people Smilie.

It is a shame they took out the blood, it would have made it look even more funny.

For the same reasons I got Endless Ocean I also got this last night.

My Aquarium 500 Wii Points

Got a few items through the post this week!

The main one:

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Smilie!!

The two Sonic Collections:

Image for

Smilie

Candidate: Simon Andrew Briggs
Exam: UKCAT: UK Clinical Aptitude Test
Test Centre: Pearson Professional Centres-UK Nottingham
Appointment: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 / Start Time: 10:30
Date/Time Appointment Created: Tue, 26 Aug 2008, at 20:57 GMT
Amount Paid: GBP 75.00
Now to start s***ing myself Smilie

That Mischief Makers looks to be in great condition, how much did you pay?. Artmonkey paid �2.50 for his, looking at those pics I would say you paid a lot more than that.

I would never let you anywhere near my teeth Simon.

Mr Driller �8, Power Stone 2 �20, Vampire C �8 (second copy), Castle Shikigami 2 �20

Image for

( Edited 27.08.2008 17:11 by Linkyshinks )

Linkyshinks said:
haha no I wouldn\'t want me to be my doctor. Smilie

How come dreamcast games cost so much? Smilie
(considering they\'re pretty old...)
Where they mint condition?

( Edited 27.08.2008 23:58 by uo??S )

Martin_ said:
Got a few items through the post this week!

The main one:

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Smilie!!

Smilie

Coo Martin, nice strip teese.

( Edited 28.08.2008 09:04 by Kai )

210588508381 Mario Kart Wii
Yay me i got three (stars)
Many thanks guys

uo??S said:
Linkyshinks said:

haha no I wouldn\'t want me to be my doctor. Smilie

How come dreamcast games cost so much? Smilie
(considering they\'re pretty old...)
Where they mint condition?

It depends on the rarity of the game and the condition, those above games were far from mint but are rare and in OK condition. The best Dreamcast games cost a lot of money and are highly prized. I paid near �45 for a copy of Street Fighter 3 recently, that\'s the most I have paid so far and the most I would pay for a DC game. I think perhaps there are games I still need to get from Japan that have never been available here and they would cost as much there also. Rival Schools 2 based on the manga is a game is want to get from Japan.

Mr Driller is awesome, it\'s so wacky and Japanese, I\'m surprised it was released here, some of the jokes are bizarre. Shikigami 2 is rare on Dreamcast, it was one of the last ever games made for the console.

I bought some wall decals for �45/ It comes in a pack of 3 sheets.

Image for

I also got my glass today from Club Nintendo today

Image for

( Edited 01.09.2008 13:17 by Linkyshinks )

I bought a new guitar today for �5 (technically..). In short, I didn't want to take either of my Les Pauls to uni. They're too precious. I know what goes on at uni (parties and shit), and the last thing I want is one of my 'Pauls trashed/stolen. So, I set out to find a really cheap 'uni guitar'. It had to be as cheap as possible, yet still be decent. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my Tanglewood Stratocaster! I'll quote my post from a topic on UltimateGuitar:

Martin said:
OK, so I bought it today, and took some pictures for you all! It's not amazing by any means, but this guitar cost me almost nothing, so I'm pretty happy! Click the thumbnails to see them full-size.

Image for

There she is. 21 jumbo frets (what's the point in not having 22? I've never understood that..), Shoreline Gold finish (looks grey in the pics, but is actually sort of really muted gold), lovely lovely maple fretboard (see signature!), three "Entwistle AS 62" (lawl) alnico single coil pickups, fulcrum tremolo bridge and screw in wammy bar, six Fender Deluxe-style tuners, 5-way pickup switch, etc.

Image for

The back of the neck, with one of those brown stripes that some Strat necks have.

Image for

The headstock, which is relatively Fender-shaped. Some Strat-copy headstocks look hideous. This one looks OK.

Image for

One of the best things about the guitar. Guitars of this price range (�110!) almost always have those terrible plastic 'chrome effect' tuners. The tuners on this are copies of Fender/Gibson Deluxe tuners, are metal, and are actually pretty nice! I don't think I'll need to replace them.

Image for

Blemish on the fretboard, between the 6th and 7th frets. Plus my cat looming in the background, probably wondering whether it's edible.

Image for

Closer view of said blemish. It's under the varnish, so it's not like a rough spot or anything. You can't feel it. The neck is really nice to play.

Image for

The "Entwistle" pickups. No, I've never heard of them either. They're apparently alnico v magnets. I wasn't too impressed with the tone of these pickups when I played this guitar at the store. However, I was playing through an awful Ashton 30W valve amp (even my Gibson sounded like sh*t on that amp..). I'm more happy with the sound of this guitar when I played it through my setup at home today. It still doesn't sound fantastic or anything, but definitely some usable tones. The pickups are probably the second thing I'd change, if I did change anything. They're OK.

Image for

Which brings me onto the first thing I'd change. The bridge is commonly a weak area on cheap guitars, and this is no different. The actual bridge itself is OK, and can retain tuning with a fair amount of tremolo usage. However, the saddles are really crap. They're bent steel saddles, but there's no grooves for the strings to sit in (I guess the strings may wear in their own grooves after a while, but still..), the springs pushing the saddles out are sh*t and all over the place, and the screws are not too hardy. I doubt the screwdriver indents on the top of them would withstand more than a few intonation setups without stripping. I'm definitely going to be looking for some better saddles (which come with new springs anyway). Other than that, it's an alright bridge.

So anyways, after getting some money off some people who owed me, selling on old pedal I haven't used for two years, and talking the guy down to �85.. I only actually had to put in �5 of my own money (roughly $10 American)! So this guitar cost me less than what my train fare for one day costs, lawl! It's not amazing, but it's actually pretty good, will be just fine for uni, and with some upgrades, could be a right spanking guitar! As it is, it's a perfectly usable guitar, and it literally cost me less than the zip-up soft case it's sitting in. This is perfect and exactly what I needed.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.