Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

lol, ok don't believe it then.

i love playing them, thats all, no need to filled the thread with stock images and make it lengthy.

( Edited 16.08.2013 16:37 by videogames )

L said:
What's the battle system like in Xillia? Is it like Vesperia?

Feels alot like vesperia's but faster and has a new link system where you can team up with one of your party members to perform duo artes, have them attack the enemy behind you etc. You also get added skills for linking up with different party members so it's pretty interesting.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

LKR000 said:
L said:
What's the battle system like in Xillia? Is it like Vesperia?

Feels alot like vesperia's but faster and has a new link system where you can team up with one of your party members to perform duo artes, have them attack the enemy behind you etc. You also get added skills for linking up with different party members so it's pretty interesting.

Ah okay thanks, personally I thought Graces had the best battle system. But Xillia doesn't sound too bad either.

Graces does have the best battle system easily (imo) but Xillia's is better than Vesperia's (even if the Skill and Artes systems aren't as good as Vesperia's.)

Either way Xillia is right up there, in my top 3 Tales games for sure (easy to guess what the others are). Supposedly Xillia 2 is much better than Xillia aswell so I really can't wait for that.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

The only thing I don't like about Vesperia's battle system style is that free running is the main way of evading attacks since side stepping is a skill you have to get on and it's pretty crappy as well. Not sure if it's still same in Xillia though?
I just hope the hardest difficulty is available on the first play through in Xillia, that's what made Graces a lot of fun. 

L said:
The only thing I don't like about Vesperia's battle system style is that free running is the main way of evading attacks since side stepping is a skill you have to get on and it's pretty crappy as well. Not sure if it's still same in Xillia though?
I just hope the hardest difficulty is available on the first play through in Xillia, that's what made Graces a lot of fun. 

You have back and forward step to begin with in Xillia, but you don't really have a side-dodge like in Graces, so you can only dodge back and forth toward the enemy. You can learn a skill that lets you do a small side-dodge+hit though.

Also in Xillia, Moderate and Hard are available to begin with but Unknown isn't unlocked til you finish it (not with GRADE, a regular completion). Usually enemies in Unknown deal out ridiculous amounts of damage so I can see why that is.

SuperLink said:

You have back and forward step to begin with in Xillia, but you don't really have a side-dodge like in Graces, so you can only dodge back and forth toward the enemy. You can learn a skill that lets you do a small side-dodge+hit though.

That's okay I guess.

SuperLink said:

Also in Xillia, Moderate and Hard are available to begin with but Unknown isn't unlocked til you finish it (not with GRADE, a regular completion). Usually enemies in Unknown deal out ridiculous amounts of damage so I can see why that is.

Aww man that sucks, I hate it when devs remove things from sequels. I just hope there's a boss like Abyssion to make up for it.

L said:
Aww man that sucks, I hate it when devs remove things from sequels. I just hope there's a boss like Abyssion to make up for it.

From sequels? You mean like how some Tales games had them all to begin with?

I guess it differs from game to game, in some Tales games you have to play a certain amount of battles on a certain difficulty to unlock another, on some they're gotten with GRADE, etc.

There is an EX dungeon and an extra boss as always, as well as both solo and group Arena.

SuperLink said:
L said:

From sequels? You mean like how some Tales games had them all to begin with?

I guess it differs from game to game, in some Tales games you have to play a certain amount of battles on a certain difficulty to unlock another, on some they're gotten with GRADE, etc.

There is an EX dungeon and an extra boss as always, as well as both solo and group Arena.

Only Graces had the hardest difficulty available on the first play through and since that was the most recent one I thought it would only be logical for them to adopt a similar implementation in the new game. Oh well guess hard mode will do. I hope the EX dungeon isn't a missable side-quest. I missed the one in Vesperia. >_<

L said:
Only Graces had the hardest difficulty available on the first play through and since that was the most recent one I thought it would only be logical for them to adopt a similar implementation in the new game. Oh well guess hard mode will do. I hope the EX dungeon isn't a missable side-quest. I missed the one in Vesperia. >_<

Graces and Xillia are by different teams, Xillia is by Team Symphonia who did ToS, TotA, ToV and ToP. So I wouldn't say it's a sequel to Graces really, we also prolly won't see Graces' battle system until Team Destiny finish their next entry.

And the EX Dungeon is pretty easy to unlock in this, you just need to activate the Devil's Beasts sidequest (which can be done any time after you reach a certain port town) and beat all the Devil's Beasts, then beat the game, and voila! I'm playing it right now, the EX Boss is ridiculous.

SuperLink said:

Graces and Xillia are by different teams, Xillia is by Team Symphonia who did ToS, TotA, ToV and ToP. So I wouldn't say it's a sequel to Graces really, we also prolly won't see Graces' battle system until Team Destiny finish their next entry.

Oh okay, didn't know that. Now it makes more sense. XP

SuperLink said:

And the EX Dungeon is pretty easy to unlock in this, you just need to activate the Devil's Beasts sidequest (which can be done any time after you reach a certain port town) and beat all the Devil's Beasts, then beat the game, and voila! I'm playing it right now, the EX Boss is ridiculous.

That's good to hear, I can now play the game without constantly worrying about something.

L said:
That's good to hear, I can now play the game without constantly worrying about something.

While we're here, I'll just say that you activate the sidequest by talking to an old man sitting on some barrels at one of the game's Seahavens. Smilie 

Even better; in Xillia, all NPCs who have sidequests have a green "!" above their heads, and every NPC who has something new to say has a "Smilie" above their face. Basically meaning you can just look around for new stuff rather than having to talk to every NPC to find sidequests. There are a lot less missables than most Tales games, and even the missables are made easier to find by the "!"s, so as long as you look around each town before and after major dungeons or battles you won't have a headache getting everything.

The NPC speechbubbles are something I really hope returns for all future Tales games. Smilie

( Edited 17.08.2013 12:05 by SuperLink )

Cool so now it's like Xenoblade. It seems like a big step up from Vesperia. I'm excited about this game now and I guess I'm going to have to buy it sooner rather than later like I originally planned.

Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC

Bump

Splinter Cell Blacklist 360

Image for
Image for
Image for

I did buy Eternal Sonata before but that copy got lost in transit, luckily I got a full refund without any trouble. Luigi's Mansion 2 and Darksiders II are both games I still needed to buy and felt like playing sometime soon.

Image for

<3

( Edited 04.09.2013 23:25 by Ultima )

Image for
Image for

Image for

Kinda just realized I had barely any download games for my 3ds so decided to get a few xD

Oh boy...I won't post pictures of my latest shopping spree because otherwise it would probably fill this entire page. Here goes:

- Catherine
- Radiant Historia
- Vanquish
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- Elite Beat Agents
- ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
- Punch-Out!!
- Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
- Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
- Shadows of the Damned
- Demon's Souls
- Lollipop Chainsaw
- Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise
- Rhythm Paradise

That's 18 games for about 295€ (£249), about 16€ (£13) on average for each game. I think I have enough..for now. Smilie

Our member of the week

SirLink said:
Radiant Historia

Good boy Smilie !

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Wow thats quite a haul! Won't be seeing you for sometime now!

Socks and trousers from uniqlo
Candle from muji

Image for
Image for

Got Kingdom Hearts a day early already thanks to shopto Smilie

Purchased Rayman Legends today for Wii U from Amazon for £21! What a steal! Only snag is that it could take 3 weeks to come Smilie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rayman-Legends-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00844QP1C/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Image for

( Edited 24.09.2013 20:06 by Flynnie )

Image for

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.