Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

A pretty damn sweet retro gaming store opened up in the next town, and I picked up a couple of games that took my fancy. Gonna have to keep popping back in there. Has all sorts of stuff. I dislike that the guy does his research, though lol. He knows when to charge extortionate prices for rarer games/systems, which is a bit sad because I used to snag some real bargains many moons ago in other game stores. Still great to see in this town, mind. Most indie game stores shut down within a few months here, so hopefully this one keeps it going.

Image for
Image for

And I picked up some DLC costumes for Kasumi in DOA5 because I am pure scum (no, but, really, the F2P service is solid, and costume DLC is a nice way to continue to support the developers, especially with how they have taken more fan art designs and turned them into costumes for the game - the dress below is one of them).

Image for
Image for
Image for

My Nexus 5 was at death's door so I took the plunge with a startup that came out of kickstarter, the Nextbit Robin:

Image for

I picked up Dark Souls 3, and my SSD died so I grabbed a 500GB samsung 850 Evo. They've definitely gotten cheaper since I last bought one. It used to be 64gb for the same price. 

Been a while since ma last update. Let's see...

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

( Edited 24.04.2016 18:09 by Azuardo )

Image for

I decided to get the updated 3DS XL, I lost my original 3DS years ago and never replaced it, so I have some catching up to do. 

Image for

This microphone is a dream, so much you can do with it, so effective in so many scenarios! 

Image for

( Edited 09.05.2016 16:23 by The Strat Man )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

The Zelda 3DS looks so good, Strat!

Image for
Image for

Both fantastic games!

I do love the 3DS Marzy! It cost a bit more, but it's such a nice subtle design. I hate character art and stuff like that on consoles, this is much more tasteful I'd say! Smilie 

How do you like Overwatch?

Some recent PS4 swag, the most recent arriving today. God, I love Uncharted so far. That 5GB update was a frustrating download though as my internet is troublesome at the moment. 

Image for

Also, some 3DS download purchases:

Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Pokemon Yellow
Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Deluxe

Edit: The Pikachu 64 I speak of. 

( Edited 10.05.2016 13:35 by The Strat Man )

Yeah, I like the more subtle designs, too. Always looks much nicer, I find. Though I did put a Totoro decal on my old 3DS XL and that was pretty cool! Just a simple black one.

Overwatch has been amazing! My game of the year, so far! I'm not big on FPS shooters, especially online ones, but the team based objectives and interesting class mechanics make this so much fun to play! It's not really about getting the most kills, but working as a team to attack or defend points or a payload. Each character has their own unique abilities and are all balanced really well and offer varying different ways to help out the team. They're all really fun to play, as well! There's not one character I don't like, which is fantastic! You get rewarded with loot boxes each time you level up and they can include new character skins, sprays (tags you can spray on walls in stages), new character voice recordings and coins to purchase new items!

Nice haul of games there! I want Uncharted 4 so badly! Don't own a PS4 yet though, so trying my best to avoid spoilers until I get one.

I bought overwatch PC. AND I CAN'T STOP PLAYING. It's also the first time in many years that I've been teaming up into 6 man teams with my friends.

Also Uncharted 4 which was awesomesauce.

And Doom. So good.

Image for
Got this already when it's supposed to come out July 1st xD
Pretty fun so far, definitely better then 4.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Pretty fun so far, definitely better then 4.

I should bloody hope so lol

Been wanting an arcade style racing game, and saw this on sale a week or two back. Thought I'd get it at £5.

Image for

Had fun playing it so far!

Image for
Image for

Update again after a few months... Done a fair bit of shopping lol.

Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

Gaming laptop with GTX 980M.

Image for

And, of course:

Image for
Image for

Got a Huawei P9, wanted something for gaming on the go. Smilie

( Edited 25.07.2016 10:57 by The Strat Man )

Our member of the week

Is that some sort of fixture that you put your Huawei into and control games on it with?

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Not quite, it's just a standard pad which can be connected via micro USB or through bluetooth. It's PC/Mac compatible but I've been traveling a bit, and using it to play Mario Kart 64 on the train on the P9.

I'm really impressed so far, my only problem is it really is on the small side. People with large hands will struggle a bit, and I'd definitely be interested in a larger version for home use anyway.

With that said, this one fits in my pocket with my phone easily which is a massive plus.  

( Edited 26.07.2016 00:49 by The Strat Man )

Image for

Off eShop, since it was on sale.

Forgot how many small helpful features it lacked over the newer games! Feels good to play through the original again though. Loved the stripped back gameplay, without the unnecessary and confusing bulk Pokémon X and Y added.

Image for

Image for

I now own FFX/X-2 four times over...

Our member of the week

Marzy said:
Image for

Off eShop, since it was on sale.

Forgot how many small helpful features it lacked over the newer games! Feels good to play through the original again though. Loved the stripped back gameplay, without the unnecessary and confusing bulk Pokémon X and Y added.

I bought the red version on sale, since I always only owned Yellow on cartridge. I have since finished played Red, and re-started playing my cartridge of Yellow from scratch, trying to build a great team to finally beat Pokémon Stadium with it. I hooked it to my old CRT TV, with the Transfer Pak and all, playing the Game Boy cart on my TV in Doduo mode to train Pokémon faster and all. Nostalgia mate ^^ !

Very nice, Rudy! Smilie I saw you did some battery replacement for your Pokemon Silver cart. Are you planning on playing that next? It amazes me how much of a step up Gold and Silver were replaying the originals again. Just lots of nice quality of life features added in.

Our member of the week

Marzy said:
Very nice, Rudy! Smilie I saw you did some battery replacement for your Pokemon Silver cart. Are you planning on playing that next? It amazes me how much of a step up Gold and Silver were replaying the originals again. Just lots of nice quality of life features added in.

Indeed I have already started replaying it just as far as unlocking the time capsule so I could trade pokémon between my yellow and silver cartridges to evolve some of them. In Stadium I'm on Round 2, so I have to replay all cups and challenges just in a harder difficulty setting to unlock surfing Pikachu and I might try to unlock Amnesia Psyduck as well before I fully move on to Silver and Stadium 2. Besides, my competitive Pokémon from Yellow will be useful to complete the other game as well.

Image for

Azuardo said:
Image for

Cracking choice mate. Love this game!

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Batman Arkham Asylum: GOTY Edition. Got it on Steam in a Batman sale for like £3.

Image for

Also Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. It's a daily deal on Steam and still up at the moment. £2.49.

Image for

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.