Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Cracking choice mate. Love this game!

Yeah, have DOA2 on Dreamcast, but wanted to add the PS2 version to the collection, and since my PS2 is still set up at the moment, I can give it a go. Shame I don't have a 360 to add DOA3 and 4.

Also added this now:

Image for

Burnout Paradise is amazing, Marzy. With Criterion saying no Burnout games are being made right now and EA talking about remasters, I hope they remaster Paradise. I'd be all over it.

( Edited 21.08.2016 15:51 by Azuardo )

Burnout Paradise is amazing, Marzy. With Criterion saying no Burnout games are being made right now and EA talking about remasters, I hope they remaster Paradise. I'd be all over it.

Just been playing it and it still has the Burnout feeling I remember from Burnout 2. Really good fun! The sense of speed is amazing. Wish they were allowed to make a new Burnout, but I'd take HD remasters of the older ones, too. Burnout 2 was my favourite.

What's the best traditional Burnout title then? Is it Burnout 2? Paradise is a bit different since the goal isn't to crash into others, but I never played a traditional Burnout game.

Definitely Burnout 2, for me. It took everything that was good from the first and made it soooo much better. It really just feels like the essence of Burnout, to me.

I really love Burnout Paradise from what I've played so far and it feels like a Burnout game from how the cars handles and such, but as you said it is a bit different. You have a whole map to just freely drive around and the racing takes place on it, rather than having separate more linear areas to jump into and race. You also had a countdown timer in Burnout 2, where you had to hit checkpoints in time to extend it, so it felt like a arcade experience a lot more.

I think overall I prefer Burnout 2, but they're both fantastic in their own ways. I need to play more of Paradise though to say for sure.

Burnout 2 also has one of the most fun multiplayer modes ever. The Crash mode where you have to crash into traffic and try and get the highest amount of damage score. So good!

( Edited 22.08.2016 10:57 by Marzy )

Spare a thought for Burnout 3 Takedown! I think that was the pinnacle of the series. 

Burnout 2 was arcade heaven, but Takedown had a better range of additional modes, after-touch crashes and if I recall correctly- it was a much bigger game. 

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I never really played Takedown much. I had a quick play of it once or twice so I don't really remember that much about it. I imagine it was fantastic though, I think all them were after Burnout 2. I will have to play through it sometime!

In that case...

Image for
Image for

There we go.

I picked up some AKG K7XX headphones at the weekend and the difference in quality between these and my Beats I was using before is astronomical. They're reference headphones so obviously some of the lower end sounds a bit, I dunno, clinical but it's a true reflection of what the artist would be hearing and intending in the studio. The velour ear cups are incredibly comfortable too so you don't feel it after wearing them during long periods. The K7XX are also an open back design so the soundstage is massive. Overall: Very happy Jambo.

Last month I picked up a Corsair Strafe mechanical keyboard and a Razer Deathadder mouse. Both are excellent and massive steps up from my old set up. Smilie

Good headphones make all the difference! I love my Philips Fidelio X1 Smilie

Image for

I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, also great! 

Image for
I use them for videogames mostly and it always makes the experience even better!

I almost went for the M50x's but in the end decided to try out open rather than closed headphones. They're really well reviewed!

Ooo, yeah, open are meant to have amazing sound. Always wanted to try a pair, to see what it's like.

Image for
Image for

Very nice limited edition Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101
Image for

Image for

Image for

I remember playing that Bouncer game YEARS ago, can't remember if it was any good though.

Yeah, dunno really. Just bought it for the collection mainly, but the good old days of Squaresoft made me want to check it out.

Looks like this was also the beginning of Nomura's overused art style too, more or less, with the belts, necklaces, an exaggerated chunkiness, and all that crap. Some of his works are great, but the man seems like such a generic artist today. Getting so bored of most of his stuff. I mean, you can see Sora, Cloud, Squall, Tidus and probably others in that Bouncer cover guy alone. Just so same old.

Azuardo said:
Yeah, dunno really. Just bought it for the collection mainly, but the good old days of Squaresoft made me want to check it out.

Looks like this was also the beginning of Nomura's overused art style too, more or less, with the belts, necklaces, an exaggerated chunkiness, and all that crap. Some of his works are great, but the man seems like such a generic artist today. Getting so bored of most of his stuff. I mean, you can see Sora, Cloud, Squall, Tidus and probably others in that Bouncer cover guy alone. Just so same old.

Yeah, the design of the character definitely looks like some hybrid of all of those characters. Although I would like them to release the KH collections on PS4, don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for those. I can't see that happening though, just like I can't see Kingdom Hearts 3 ever releasing. Smilie

I still think they'll probably release on PS4. Just makes sense to do it before KH3 comes out. Same reason why they'll probably do remasters of Shenmue 1 and 2.

Another for the collection:

Image for
Image for

Mush said:
Although I would like them to release the KH collections on PS4, don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for those. I can't see that happening though...

And a week later, and they're confirmed to come to PS4. Fucking stupid name tho.

Azuardo said:

Mush said:
Although I would like them to release the KH collections on PS4, don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for those. I can't see that happening though...

And a week later, and they're confirmed to come to PS4. Fucking stupid name tho.

I saw! Smilie Couldn't give a fuck about the name, just glad it's making its way over!

The name thing is hilarious because I saw a tweet from someone about the announcement who replied to it saying they wished KH1 and 2 would come to PS4. He thought 1.5 HD Remix and 2.5 HD Remix were side games in the series after all this time... until someone informed him. I mean, I kinda feel sorry for him, but if Square wasn't such a bunch of weirdos and didn't name their games dumb shit, you'd have less people not questioning what the fuck their products are. Makes you wonder how many others don't realise it at a glance. KH is the worst series for it. All this 2.8 and 0.2 bollocks. I mean ffs.

Wait, what's 0.2?

2.8 is the most stupid name for a game ever lol. Pretty much all of the KH remakes have awful names, but 2 POINT EIGHT? Seriously?

Either way, I can't wait to pick up these for the PS4. Smilie

( Edited 01.11.2016 07:22 by Mush )

0.2 is some new chapter in another collection coming out early next year that also features KH3D HD and some other new chapter.

Our member of the week

That franchise is so fucked up and all over the place. I could never get into it because I couldn't suffer the horrendous gameplay of the first one. I did give KH3D a chance when it was on the cheap, tried it with and without the Circle Pad Pro, and just couldn't get into the battle system, it's just not a good game series in my eyes, no matter the platform it lands on. I'm one to go for any big series that comes to a Nintendo platform, but if KHIII comes out on Switch as rumoured (and I don't believe that too much, even though it would be good for the system) I won't be getting it. There are some games I'm just not meant to play, that just don't suit my style, and this is one of them I guess. There aren't many of those, but this is one.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.