Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Our member of the week

Just ordered this, which should arrive by next morning. My mate got this one for his Switch at launch, and I must say I'll feel a lot better knowing that my Switch is well protected by this. I chose not to go cheap on purpose (it was 15€) and to go with a tempered glass protection. Now I only need a good pouch, but the system itself + 2 games + that protection has left me dry, and I want to save for MK8 Deluxe later this month cause I want in on that action with you guys when it launches Smilie.

Image for

( Edited 02.04.2017 15:34 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Yeah, glass protector is defo the way to go for the Switch. Heard some bad things about film layers not working so well with it.

Not sure who is picking MK8 on Switch from here tho. I rinsed it dry on Wii U, and the price they're selling it for makes no sense for me to buy it just for a battle mode that should have been in there already. I really have no reason to return to that game on either console now. Add more cup tracks and I would have thought about it, but even then, it would need to be a lot cheaper.

Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
Not sure who is picking MK8 on Switch from here tho. I rinsed it dry on Wii U, and the price they're selling it for makes no sense for me to buy it just for a battle mode that should have been in there already. I really have no reason to return to that game on either console now. Add more cup tracks and I would have thought about it, but even then, it would need to be a lot cheaper.

If ever DLC there should be again, it will be for this one, not the Wii U version (even if technically they still could, they wouldn't, so as to shift copies of the Switch version). I also agree that there should have been more tracks from the start, but I'm pretty sure they'll be there eventually and they're going to make us pay for it. DLC sold well on MK8, that worked well for them, so I don't see them not trying it again on Switch. It will be worth it in the end, and I don't see the price of a MK game going down any time soon. Maybe down the line, there will be a MyNintendo discount, but I think it's unlikely for it to go down soon. Pretty sure a hard copy of the Wii U version still goes for the same price it did at launch.
Some places are selling it for 60€ over here, but if you look well other places sell it for 10€ less.

If they ever add DLC, that's probably the only time I'd think about rebuying it for Switch, but it's a big ask. I don't often rebuy games I already own on other systems, but when I do, it's when they're a lot cheaper. I have a hard time justifying me rebuying this one, even though I know it makes sense for them to bring it to the Switch. I just believe there should be a lot more added for those that bought it on Wii U already. The price doesn't justify the content*, and while I had a lot of fun in MK8, I'm not sure I have much desire to return to it now. I burnt myself out finally getting 10,000pts online lol. Never say never tho - if I miraculously find it for a great price one day, I'm sure I'll get it, but right now it's highly unlikely.

*By this, I mean for someone that already hammered it to death on the Wii U, and that it is a port with not a lot added. It's definitely great value for money, especially with all the included DLC, but as a port of a 3-year-old game that I have already hammered, it's just too much for me to buy again.

( Edited 02.04.2017 16:51 by Azuardo )

Our member of the week

I have not hammered it nearly as much, so that's perhaps why I'm more inclined to get it again. That and the fact it's now portable, and I can see myself playing this two player with split JoyCons on the go, I mean I can picture this kind of situation arising in the future where I'd use the game that way. Otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with you of course. If they offered a trade-in or something for the Wii U version, or discount for owners of the original, that would be so much more worth it and an easier buy for sure.

Yeah, I don't know about Mario Kart 8. I don't plan on picking it up at launch, but if it drops quite a bit in price or I can get a discount, I may get it in the future. I'm pretty happy with the Wii U version for now, if I really want to play. I want to play the Battle Mode (especially Bob-Omb one), but it's not enough to make me go out and get it again for the price they're selling it at.

I will add though, it's a great deal if you've never played or owned Mario Kart 8 before. I'd get it in a heartbeat if I hadn't got it on Wii U.

( Edited 02.04.2017 20:23 by Marzy )

I have the same issue with FAST Racing RMX on Switch, i own the disc version of NEO which comes with the DLC, although RMX has added 8 new tracks i still can't justify another 17quid on the Switch version.

However with MK8 i don't own the DLC...so....if i saw MK8 for the right price i might just cave...

Also, i have a screen protector for the switch, but not a tempered glass one...although i can't imagine ever taking a hammer to it anyway...

( Edited 03.04.2017 00:28 by Flynnie )

Our member of the week

FAST RMX I'm not getting right away for that reason as well. Though I don't have the DLC, but I'm also not nearly as big a fan of FAST as I am of Mario Kart. Later down the line FAST RMX is bound to be discounted on the eShop and there's always the small chance that they do a physical release once again with possibly some more DLC tacked on (though I don't know about the latter cause the game is pretty packed as it is at this point).

If FAST RMX was physical at that price then i would re-purchase it. But not for digital. Nuh uh!

Also just picked these up!

Image for
Image for
Image for

Works much better than the original did! Shame about the lack of inside box art though. :/

I plan on picking it up at some point, too! I never got it on Wii U, and it it looks really great. Seems like the Switch version is a really good port, too with some nice improvements over the original. I also heard the Nintendo exclusive content is still in the Switch version, so that's a nice bonus.

Our member of the week

I had a hard time getting into it on Wii U when it was lent to me. I always felt that there wasn't really much to the open world outside of missions that interested me. I don't know why, but I just don't click, so I don't think I'll get it this time either.

I've had a hankering to get LEGO City on Switch, but these games do perhaps feel a bit too easy for my liking. 

Image for

I purchased this on the weekend (retail) as it was half price $19 (AUS), I initially had a tough time with it but I am starting to quite enjoy it. It does feel like a game of luck though. It's pretty brutal at times.

EB Games have a 7 day returns policy (similar to what Gamestation did with their 10 returns policy back in the day) , so I reckon i'll play it, try and complete it and then return it and use that money towards Mario Kart 8....(i've caved).

Also, this could be a quick way to get MyNintendo Gold points, providing I don't piss off EBgames that is.

Image for

I actually bought this set and traded it straight back in but took the amiibo and cards out. I paid $6 in total so totally worth it! 

Image for

Back in stock! So i had to pick up a second controller!

( Edited 13.04.2017 00:47 by Flynnie )

Well, today I ordered my very first Microsoft console...

Image for

A refurbed Xbox 360 60GB. I figure it's worth a punt at £30, so why not? And then I went straight on a shopping spree that pretty much sums me up.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Well I guess that makes sense given your avatar, did you buy some kleenex to go with all of that Smilie

I'd recommend the Gears of War games, you could probably pick them up pretty cheap these days!

haha, unfortunately, the pre-DOA5 anime doll style doesn't quite do it for me any more XD

Will look into GOW. Probably gonna wait to see if the console works nice and proper first.

Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
Will look into GOW. Probably gonna wait to see if the console works nice and proper first.

Check after playing a first disc in it to see if your system doesn't scratch discs. Problem with those cheap systems, even if they are labeled refurbished, is that they may still have some small flaws that do not hamper its immediate usability, but discs that get repeatedly scratched along the same line all around the disc by a 360 with an unstable drive become unreadable over time. Best to not damage multiple discs at once if you can help it by being vigilant.

Noted. I know it's a risk buying such an old system, but the price was too good to pass up. I thought it best I buy from a proper seller with a warranty than finding it in some random indie store.

Yea 360's are literally built so shoddly. I can't believe that they were ever able to continue selling the 360 given the sheer number of problems with that console!

He's gone Xbox crazy! Just bought this lot for £30. Very happy with that deal.

Image for

But why? Your 360 could have played most of the XB games anyway? 

Just wanted a huge box in your house? 

Keyword is "most." It won't play DOAX1, so I needed an OG Xbox. Plus, I'm somewhat of a collector, and a good deal is a good deal, so nice to have an extra couple of old consoles I've missed out on. Will be able to pick up any OG Xbox games that won't work on the 360 now too.

OG Xbox is the shizzle. Good buy.

Cheers! Looking forward to playing it. It's amazing how well some games still look on the OG Xbox. Tecmo at the time really got the most out of it, hence DOA3 and DOAX1 still looking superb today.

I still think the remake of Conker looked ok, but then the fact its censored MORE than the N64 version makes it inferior.

See if you can find the Panzaar Dragoon and Jet Set games on there. SEGA's support of the console was probably one of the best things about it!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.