Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Took your suggestion, Flynnie. Few new additions.

Image for

Image for

Image for

Image for

Awww i miss the ELSPA ratings, they used to have an office in my small town which is in the middle of no where!

How do you find the time to play these old Xbox games?? Or are you just collecting?

lol I don't have the chance to play almost every game I buy. It is really just for collection's sake, and the hope that one day I might get around to them. Can't resist buying things if they're cheap. It's usually the RPGs that I don't have time for, but can't pass them up. I should be mostly done for now with picking up new games unless there's something else I'm desperate to add to the collection.

Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

Big week for me! Put pre-orders down on Bayonetta and Cloud amiibo too...urgh! 

Our member of the week

Good job Flynn, the lan adapter is something I definitely consider too, although I hear any adapter works cause they're standard and I hear there are cheaper, faster alternatives than the expensive Hori one.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
Good job Flynn, the lan adapter is something I definitely consider too, although I hear any adapter works cause they're standard and I hear there are cheaper, faster alternatives than the expensive Hori one.

All of that is true, although not in Australia. Looking at the LAN adapters in retails stores they are more expensive,although 'faster', but for that to come true Australia would need faster internet in the first place!

I am getting 4-5mbps even with the LAN adapter. I had it tested (from Japan) before it got here and it got speeds of 12mbps. 

None the less I didn't mind paying for it, if you have one from the Wii or WiiU they also work!

Our member of the week

I watched this a while back, that's why I was mentioning that there exists cheaper alternatives that do a better job.

Our member of the week

Got this today :

Image for
Image for

Image for

Both in the bargain bin for a few $'s.

Also got these!

Image for

Image for

Also thanks for the video Rudy, you know how pathetic my internet speeds are already though ;/ , even at the moment i'm getting 4mbps, i'll probably get 10mbps when they fix it. Strangely though even at 4mbps I am not having that much problem playing my Switch online...

( Edited 05.05.2017 02:03 by Flynnie )

Our member of the week

Flynnie Said: Also thanks for the video Rudy, you know how pathetic my internet speeds are already though ;/ , even at the moment i'm getting 4mbps, i'll probably get 10mbps when they fix it. Strangely though even at 4mbps I am not having that much problem playing my Switch online...

Switch games that play online like MK8 do not require very fast connections. I guess ere aren't really any right niw on Switch that do. You'd probably run into more issues with more demanding games, or if you're doing something else with that limited bandwidth, like i your phone or laptop or all at the same time are downloading system or app updates. So long as your Switch is the only system pulling on that bandwidth though you should be fine for the most part.

Our member of the week

Needed a new gaming headset cause my old Turtlebeach Z11 headset is dying, so I ordered this one. I had no complaints about Turtlebeach before so I went once again with one of theirs. The XBox One themed Recon 50X was cheaper than other identical models sporting other colours, so I went with that one. Also the others they had in stock on Amazon France didn't have Amazon Premium shipping, and since I am on my 30 day free trial, I wanted to benefit from that too, so my choice was made, especially since I'd like to have it fast so as to already have it for upcoming Minecraft Switch streams with Mush on his Twitch channel. I like about it that the mic is detachable, so that you can also use it like regular headphones with a variety of devices without it looking like a gaming headset.

Image for

And then I also ordered the following. The screen I usually play on is only 720p, which didn't matter much so long as my only HD console was the Wii U and games on it practically never ran at native 1080p so I wasn't losing any detail. However now that I have a Switch and some games on it are 1080p in docked mode, I wanted in on those details without having to break the bank for another TV that would display more detail. I have a LCD computer monitor that is 1080p however, but a couple years old and it only has VGA input, so since the Switch dock only has an HDMI out, I ordered this adapter. Also my usual screen doesn't support full RGB range, but my monitor does, so I'll get a better range of colours as well when I play, just by ordering a simple, quite inexpensive adapter. User reviews tell me that it works for PS4, so I don't see why it shouldn't work for Switch.

Image for

( Edited 08.05.2017 12:51 by RudyC3 )

RudyC3 said:

Flynnie Said: Also thanks for the video Rudy, you know how pathetic my internet speeds are already though ;/ , even at the moment i'm getting 4mbps, i'll probably get 10mbps when they fix it. Strangely though even at 4mbps I am not having that much problem playing my Switch online...

Switch games that play online like MK8 do not require very fast connections. I guess ere aren't really any right niw on Switch that do. You'd probably run into more issues with more demanding games, or if you're doing something else with that limited bandwidth, like i your phone or laptop or all at the same time are downloading system or app updates. So long as your Switch is the only system pulling on that bandwidth though you should be fine for the most part.

Yea, I am hoping Smash will be fine when it comes out, same with FIFA and obviously F-Zero online Smilie

Did your VGA adapter work? I reckon there's a massive difference between playing Zelda in 720 and 1080! Looks great either way though.

Random purchase, it was only $18 AUS, so not that much! Always heard good things about it back in the day

Image for
Our member of the week

Flynnie said:
Did your VGA adapter work? I reckon there's a massive difference between playing Zelda in 720 and 1080! Looks great either way though.

Yep it did for what I wanted it for. It's advertised as compatible with up to 1080p but when i tried it in 720p i got crackling sound for some strange reason. Then i tried the adapter with my Wii U in 1080p i got a weird glitchy image. but with the Switch dock, in 1080p it works flawlessly, which is what I wanted it for in the first place so that's all good.

( Edited 12.05.2017 20:22 by Azuardo )

Thats good to hear! Looks like Az is censoring your post! What did you do! haha

haha Rudy was trying to turn the world bold!

Just a bit of broken line break code meant the whole page went bold, so I fixed it Smilie

Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
haha Rudy was trying to turn the world bold!

Just a bit of broken line break code meant the whole page went bold, so I fixed it Smilie

In trimming that quote of Flynnie's post on my iPad i must have screwed something up and not noticed anying Smilie

Our member of the week

Preordered

Image for

This musta bombed. £5 at Shopto right now.

Image for
Our member of the week

Got this for my Switch :

Image for

Mental amount of games spending from me in 2017!

Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

Ugh. More deals and I can't help but buy. This one's a tenner at Shopto atm.

Image for

I've heard a lot of good things about Dishonoured! That should be fun.

This is the time of the cycle that I pick up games for the outgoing system, the WiiU has got plenty of classics waiting to be purchased.

I've still not bought Mario Maker yet (i'm convinced it'll make its way to the Switch) but i've the special edition with amiibo and artbook for $19! It's just a shame that none of the stores around me stock it!

https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-206741-Super-Mario-Maker-Limited-Edition-Pack-Wii-U 

EDIT: Been thinking about it too much and caved, purchased the 3DS version!

Image for

( Edited 26.05.2017 02:25 by Flynnie )

Azuardo said:
He's gone Xbox crazy! Just bought this lot for £30. Very happy with that deal.

Image for

I guess buying these Xbox games doesn't seem so bad now that they can be played on all the Xbox's!

I'm not sure how it works tho. I was under the impression they are making OG Xbox games available digitally on Xbox One, not that you can run your OG Xbox discs themselves in the XONE system. But maybe I'm wrong? Even if it's just making them digitally available on the XONE, it's still pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, I got this for a fiver loool.

Image for

I thought they said it would take the discs. It'll probably work similar to how the 360 games work. So you put the disc in and it downloads the game digitally for free. 

EDIT: I still have to get around to playing Zero and Guard! I bought the special edition and not yet played it!

( Edited 14.06.2017 23:39 by Flynnie )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.