Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Just read that the discs will work. That's impressive tbh. Good job I got those DOA classics indeed! You know - just in case I randomly get an Xbox One for no reason at all haha (unlikely).

Well it does play pretty much most games released on the XBOX platforms now Smilie

Image for
Image for
Our member of the week

Preordered both. I won't get either of those on release day though, because they both release on July 21st, Belgian National Day, so basically on a bank holiday, which means no post.

Image for
Image for
Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I'm on the fence about Splatoon, i didn't like the first one but at the same time I sort of want something on my Switch to play. I actually think i'd prefer ARMS. 

Are you going to get the headset as well?

Our member of the week

Nah, I don't absolutely need to be able to hear the sound from the game and from the audio chat at the same time. I don't think I will ever play this game competitively to the point that I'd need such a complicated setup, especially since better solutions might actually come out before then, but I know the latter is wishful thinking. I think I'll be just fine wearing a headset connected to my phone while still being able to hear the sound coming from the TV anyway.

The reason I got the controller is that I didn't have a pro controller yet and when this one was announced I chose to wait till I could get this special edition instead of a black one like everyone already owns Smilie. It's not so much that I'm a big Splatoon fan or anything, I just tried the very first testfire of the first one and that was about it. I never bought the Wii U one and never even played it besides the tutorial from the very first testfire. But it looked more like something I might like, much more so than ARMS that didn't resonate with me AT ALL.

RudyC3 said:
Nah, I don't absolutely need to be able to hear the sound from the game and from the audio chat at the same time. I don't think I will ever play this game competitively to the point that I'd need such a complicated setup, especially since better solutions might actually come out before then, but I know the latter is wishful thinking. I think I'll be just fine wearing a headset connected to my phone while still being able to hear the sound coming from the TV anyway.

The reason I got the controller is that I didn't have a pro controller yet and when this one was announced I chose to wait till I could get this special edition instead of a black one like everyone already owns Smilie. It's not so much that I'm a big Splatoon fan or anything, I just tried the very first testfire of the first one and that was about it. I never bought the Wii U one and never even played it besides the tutorial from the very first testfire. But it looked more like something I might like, much more so than ARMS that didn't resonate with me AT ALL.

Yea, i tend to like special edition controllers as well, although i've not really liked any of the coloured controllers Nintendo have done yet.

I think i'll hold off on ARMS. I've got plenty to play through for now, and to be honest I am going to be kept super busy until Mario Oddessy comes out.

Especially as I have to start BoTW from the start....speaking of which;

Image for

These neon colours Nintendo's been doing are horrible. I'm a sucker for good old black, white, silver, and even transparent. I like the Pro pad because it's got that transparency to it, but I'd love them to do like the old N64 and PS2 coloured-clear pads. Some JoyCons or Pro pads would be very cool.

I don't do amiibo, but I really want the Zelda one. Love her design in BotW.

I really like the neon colours, I just don't like the two tone stuff they keep doing. Looks like someone got parts off different controllers and put them all together.

I like the yellow set of joycons they released, since you get both of the same colour. I hope they do that more.

I think the two toning is what ruins it more for me. Looks cheap and nasty. Some metallic and transparent colours would look much better in general I think.

I thought they released a set of red joycon and blue joy con, it just didn't come with the console?

The GBC/GBA has good transparent designs too. My original GBA was transparent purple!

I just prefer black and white to be honest. The White GC controller was pretty damn sexy!

As for amiibo i didn't want to buy any of the BOTW amiibo but i bought archer link in the hope that he'd drop arrows... (i was expecting more than 5....).

BUMP!

I am still hoping to finalise my WiiU collection, I am only missing Yoshi's Wooly World and FE Tokyo Mirage that I want now!

Image for

Yeah, I'm trying to think what else I'm really missing on Wii U too. Kirby and FE would have to go cheap for me to bother with those, and I have Yoshi on 3DS, so even tho it looks better on Wii U, not sure it's worth buying for me. Nintendo Selects for a tenner tho, and I would bite.

Meantime... I've put pre-orders down for the SNES Mini and Metroid 2 limited edition.

Our member of the week

I'm not trying to think too hard what I missed on Wii U because a lot of Wii U games are being ported to the Switch anyway with content added. I didn't get Xeno X for instance, but now they're saying that they are considering porting it over so there's that. I didn't get Smash Bros either but it's obvious that it will happen eventually too, possibly with a subspace emissary like solo mode this time around. We'll see. I wouldn't rush too much to get Wii U games though. I bet Tokyo Mirage Sessions will happen on Switch too. Shin Megami Tensei is already coming to it, so Atlus is definitely interested in the system.

Yep, that is another reason to hold back for now. The only dilemma is if certains ones don't come over to Switch, will the prices rise on U? e.g. SMTxFE.

( Edited 12.07.2017 22:47 by Azuardo )

Azuardo said:
Yep, that is another reason to hold back for now. The only dilemma is if certains ones don't come over to Switch, will the prices rise on U? e.g. SMTxFE.

Precisely this, I took the plunge on Pokken Tournament and then they announced the Switch version a couple of weeks later. However I am not too angry about it as i doubt i would have paid full price for it. I don't like taking chances, Kirby was 8 quid, and I think I might be able to get Yoshi for 18. 

I am semi tempted to perhaps pick up Hyrule Warriors but I was never really that impressed with it when I played it anyway. The only other game I would like is probably NSMB+L , but meh, not sure i care enough about either of these unless I saw them cheap.

I think an XBC:X port makes sense, they put so much effort into the initial development of that game so I reckon if they could do a straight port of it they would. To be honest that would be a great game to play on the go. I never thought i'd like playing a large game on the go, but its been great with Zelda, its allowed me to chip away at it bit by bit. 

Can't believe it. Just bought an amiibo.

tbf, this is the first one I've ever properly wanted. I just love her design that it was likely the only one I'd ever want to buy.

Image for

Zelda and Az...sitting in a tree..... , My rule of thumb is to try not to own duplicate characters. Although I've already done that by owning archer Link and the new upcoming Samus amiibo.

I just wished they did more, although I am stumped as to what they could do. 

I got two amiibo for 5 quid. I couldnt really say no, Greyninja is pretty hard to come by at that price to be honest. 

Image for
Image for
Image for

I also took the  plunge on this, i figured I may as well do it now before it becomes too hard to find at a later date!

( Edited 13.07.2017 23:42 by Flynnie )

Yeah, I like the new Samus one, and I wouldn't mind Wolf Link if only to get him as a companion in BotW, but doubt I'll get any other current ones. Squishy Metroid is cool, but it seems kinda plain too, and I just don't wanna get swept up in buying amiibo in general. I only have Chibi-Robo already because the game + amiibo went super cheap at some point. If they brought out a cool new Zelda one when DLC Pack 2 rolls around tho, I might find it hard to resist getting her...

( Edited 14.07.2017 00:02 by Azuardo )

Azuardo said:
Yeah, I like the new Samus one, and I wouldn't mind Wolf Link if only to get him as a companion in BotW, but doubt I'll get any other current ones. Squishy Metroid is cool, but it seems kinda plain too, and I just don't wanna get swept up in buying amiibo in general. I only have Chibi-Robo already because the game + amiibo went super cheap at some point. If they brought out a cool new Zelda one when DLC Pack 2 rolls around tho, I might find it hard to resist getting her...

I just figured that Nintendo have taken so long to do something as cool as this with their IP's. I'm pretty cool with most of the amiibo I have. I'd only really splash out now if they released the whole Starfox/Wolf team and a Ridley amiibo. 

The Wolf link amiibo is pretty cool as a companion but he can die pretty easily too. The only way to train him up is to have Twilight Princess HD for the WiiU and do it that way. He sometimes also gets annoying as hell if you wanted to go in for stealth kills. Sometimes he picks on enemies that i'd rather ignore then I end up feeling bad for him so i have to go back and fight with him. haha. 

This will probably kinda suck, but whatevs. I bought the last two CG movies anyway. No interest in the non-canon live action films, but I am vested in the canon CG movies.

Image for

Azuardo said:
This will probably kinda suck, but whatevs. I bought the last two CG movies anyway. No interest in the non-canon live action films, but I am vested in the canon CG movies.

Yea, I'd be more likely to watch this. I've only ever watched snippets of the live action movies but prefer video game movies when they reflect the actual game. Obviously Mortal Kombat 2 is the exception there, that movie is insanely great! Smilie

Also, my brand new shiny amiibo are here Smilie

Image for
Image for

Saw it for $28 (AU) brand new which is a bargain! 

Image for
Both of the following were only $15 each as well, brand new I may add!

Image for
Image for

Gal*Gun Double Peace limited edition. Subpar game apparently, but I can't resist a limited edition for under a tenner.

Image for
Image for

Uh oh. Now I have 3 amiibo. This one is £8 at game collection.

I have been tempted to get a Cloud one (maybe both), but... need to keep it under control. After the disgusting revelations of locking difficulty modes behind amiibo in Metroid 2 remake tho, I am thinking I need to get one of the Metroid ones. Sickening that I'm even contemplating it, because it's shit that should be in the game. Vile behaviour from Nintendo. Yet here I am seriously considering it. Bastards.

Image for

Haha! I am getting the Metroid amiibo regardless, I don't get why people are so bothered though, there are many things in BoTW that are locked behind amiibo? Costumes and weapons are more important than an Energy tank and Missle tank. Admittedly sound test, art gallery and Hard mode shouldn't be though. I feel like Fire Emblem and Codename STEAM locked things of more value...

I do finally feel some perceived value from amiibo though. However what I think they should do is make the amiibo more widely available rather than it being so scarce in the first place. 

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.