Latest Purchases

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Well, that's exactly it. Hard modes should not be tied behind a paywall of any kind. They can fuck right off with that bollocks. Uproar is well justified imo, even if it is an extra hard mode and the standard hard mode is in the game. I'm sorry but you don't lock this kind of thing out of a hardcore game like this that is renowned for pushing its players to the max. FU Nintendo Smilie

Azuardo said:
Well, that's exactly it. Hard modes should not be tied behind a paywall of any kind. They can fuck right off with that bollocks. Uproar is well justified imo, even if it is an extra hard mode and the standard hard mode is in the game. I'm sorry but you don't lock this kind of thing out of a hardcore game like this that is renowned for pushing its players to the max. FU Nintendo Smilie

hahaha!

yea, i feel bad for encouraging it by buying the amiibo, although I already ordered them before I knew what they did. Personally they should make this stuff unlockable through some way in the game, and that the amiibo should be the 'cheap/cheat' way to get it.

Sort of like the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card in Pokken Tournament. 

Exactly. Game modes should not be paid DLC. At best, amiibo should only unlock cosmetics, and if not, they need to be made available through unlocking in-game. Mario Maker did it perfectly fine - amiibo unlocked skins, but you could unlock the skins anyway by doing the 100 Mario Challenge.

Indeed tho - I too was almost ready to buy the new Samus amiibo cos it looked pretty good before I knew anything about this. I didn't buy, but now I'm in this odd state of wanting to just for the harder mode, and refraining because Nintendo eats shit.

Azuardo said:
Exactly. Game modes should not be paid DLC. At best, amiibo should only unlock cosmetics, and if not, they need to be made available through unlocking in-game. Mario Maker did it perfectly fine - amiibo unlocked skins, but you could unlock the skins anyway by doing the 100 Mario Challenge.

Indeed tho - I too was almost ready to buy the new Samus amiibo cos it looked pretty good before I knew anything about this. I didn't buy, but now I'm in this odd state of wanting to just for the harder mode, and refraining because Nintendo eats shit.

Well it seems that hard mode is available without the amiibo now, although i've heard that Fusion mode is locked to the amiibo. Same thing I guess. 

I guess Nintendo are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They want to add perceived value to amiibo but they just not sure what to do with them. I wonder if they'll eventually just add it in somewhere down the line after all the pressure. 

I think they did this with Xenoblade Chronicles and the Shulk amiibo on the 3DS as well though? 

Also, I finally bit the bullet and took the plunge to get ARMS, I am frustrated by the initial difficulty but I am starting to get used to it. Although I get frustrated by the computer's seeming luck of being right next to the item drops all the time!

Image for

Right. Hard mode is in the game and always was. Fusion mode (sounds like the extra hard mode) is locked behind amiibo. They can add value to amiibo through cosmetics. Or let them still be unlockable for non-amiibo players after working for them. That's enough value for some mostly cheaply made toy figures. Or just keep them as toys and stop putting DLC in them. Simples. The things sell like crazy regardless if they unlock shit or not. They don't need to do this.

£13 on ebay for this. Nearly bought it sealed on Amazon for £20, but decided to glance ebay prices before I did, and tried my chances on an auction. Happy to settle on that. Think my Wii U collection is almost there. Still some odd ones I can add to it if I find them cheap enough.

Image for

Yea it's true, I (and many others) would still buy amiibo regardless of their functionality. With that said, I am pretty much saturated with amiibo, they would get my money if they released more Metroid or Starfox themed amiibo but otherwise I am pretty much done with them (unless I see some for a couple of quid, like i did with Greyninja.

Good purchase on XC:X, a mammoth game to get through. I'd say my personal WiiU collection is also to the point of where I am happy with it. The only games I sort of want are W101 and NSMB+Luigi. However I am not willing to pay too much for them. I am hoping for that Switch port of W101 to come to fruition! 

On a side note I returned ARMS, the lack of accuracy in punches frustrated me too much. It's a fun game to play locally I reckon, but as I have no friends willing to play games with me it had to go back! However with Mania, Metroid, WWE 2K18, South Park, FIFA, Oddessy and BoTW DLC i'd say my year is complete already! 

Our member of the week

I got NSMBU for like 10 quids i think at GAME a few years back and got Luigi as a free DLC from gold coins on MyNintendo when it launched. still havent played either of those though Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Yea, I would have probably bought it for a tenner. I rarely find anything I want to spend my gold coins on, and they are beggining to expire. I end up just getting things I don't want.

Also, I hate myself for buying a game digitally...but I don't regret it at all! Absolutely amazing game!

Image for
Our member of the week

Same of course, got my Switch Sonic Mania Smilie. Been streaming it most of yesterday, I'm almost done with it already (not 100% of course)

Got Sonic Mania on Switch too now Smilie

Also should say, since you mentioned above, the new My Nintendo rewards have been utter trash. So much for a hopeful rebranding of Club Nintendo. Hell, you got much better things when it was Nintendo VIP or whatever it was called. You could actually get GC and GBA games with your points back then.

The stuff on there now is total crap, and I'm the same - now it's forcing my points to be spent through expiry, and yet there's nothing worthwhile to use them on. Very disappointing.

I've admittedly gone back to Zelda in the meantime, I finally got all 4 divine beasts 'again' (had to restart my save file after 80 hours). I want to get Zelda out of the way so I can focus on other games i've been buying, I'm amassing an incredible backlog at the moment. 

Funny you mention this though, I was crafting an article on MyNintendo so stay tuned!

Backlog is right... Do you use Backloggery, Flynnie?

http://www.backloggery.com/azuardo

Even if you don't use it fully to mark exactly how well you have cleared your games, it's still a good way to at least list your collection.

I do now, thanks!

http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=flynnii

I got a little tired, these are the only ones I can remember from memory, I still have to add all my older consoles and handhelds. 

Oopsie.

Image for

I only noticed that the packaging for this makes it look like Yoshi is collecting the chaos emeralds! (more like 'time stones' I guess)

( Edited 11.09.2017 01:42 by Flynnie )

Yus.

Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

That's right! I got two Legacy editions! Just because I am greedy like that....alas as they have both been delivered to my UK address I cannot play them Smilie

I'm trialling Splatoon 2...but I might return it if I don't like it!

What's the reason for two of them? One to open and one to display as sealed?

Azuardo said:
What's the reason for two of them? One to open and one to display as sealed?

When the pre-orders went up I never got a confirmation email when I put my order through...so i got worried, so I set up another account and purchased another one just in case. Tempted to give it my cousin for his Christmas present although I could evily scalp it and get my money back and then some! Mwahaha! 

Image for

Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals. I finally upgraded from Logitech G29 (really does do the job well for my current needs). I'm still using the G29 wheel itself, but this beast is on a whole different level. The load-cells allow for really authentic resistance on the brakes and gas, the seconds are dropping off on iRacing already. Smilie 

Also this:

Image for

( Edited 18.09.2017 19:58 by The Strat Man )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

FF9 PS4 version. Had to be done.

Image for
Image for

( Edited 17.01.2018 09:27 by Guest )

Our member of the week

Would get this, if it was coming to Switch...

( Edited 17.01.2018 09:27 by Guest )

For sure. It has some niggles, but nothing serious.

The biggest culprit is that music resets to the beginning of the track after a battle, which may not bother some people, but it's pretty frustrating because you don't get to hear the full tracks of certain themes. The incredible thing is that this happened in the FF7 and FFX ports to PS4, which were absent in their previous versions, so there is some weird thing going on with the PS4 ports of these that causes this stupid bug. They patched this out of FFX, but not FF7, much to my annoyance.

I can put up with this tho, and I'm able to enjoy it much better with the x3 speed and no encounter options. FF9 was renowned for its slow battles and lack of encounter disabler/reducer, so it's great to play it at a quicker pace, having gone through it countless times before.

Trophies should all be doable for me, but they made a trophy for 1000 jumps in the skipping game, so I can kiss goodbye to the platinum trophy lol. I imagine this is gonna be one of the hardest platinums to obtain because of that one minigame lol.

Just ordered this for a fiver. The list of content sounds impressive, so a good addition to my SNES Mini purchase this week!

Image for

In SNES The Complete Manual, we celebrate everything about this iconic system, from its brilliant software and memorable peripherals to the designers and developers that helped bring it to life. Read on and let the nostalgia trip commence.

Collector's guide
- Review the essential hardware and software that should be a part of any SNES collection

Greatest Games
- Count down the best games to ever grace the SNES. Did you favourite make the list?

Iconic Characters
- Revisit the games that turned Mario, Link and Samus into bona fide gaming icons

Developer Interviews
- Discover the inside stories behind your favourite games with in-depth developer interviews

Also inside...
- Retroinspection: SNES
- Perfect 10 games
- Classic Moments: The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
- Ultimate Guide to Axelay
- Spotlight On Street Fighter II Turbo
- The Making of Super Metroid
- Classic Moments: Wild Guns
- Mode 7 heaven
- Classic Moments: Contra III: The Alien Wars
- The Making of Super Mario World
- Classic Moments: Super Turrican
- RPG heaven: The greatest SNES RPGs of all time
- Classic Moments: The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja
- Spotlight on Super Mario Kart
- The Making of Super Star Wars trilogy
- Classic Moments: F-Zero
- Top 25 SNES games

( Edited 23.09.2017 19:52 by Azuardo )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.