Anime/Manga Fan Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Love Hina dubbed is hilarious.

SuperLink said:

Ichigo\'s Virgin Adventures Bleach has the most awful dub ever.

At least it wasn\'t butchered by 4Kids like my beloved One Piece... ;-;
Thank god for funimation. Smilie

( Edited 26.05.2008 18:28 by Ikana )

I'm just starting to get into Bleach. I just finished watching episode 7 and it's been pretty good so far. I can really see myself getting into it Smilie

Bleach starts getting good around episode 29.

Hm, I like Bleach, but I think the characters can be pretty 'meh'. Some of the characters are introduced as being really awesome, but then after their debut, either get very little screen time or just aren't as awesome as they were in their first few episodes. Kon is a prime example. He entered the series as a super strong warrior mod soul...then spent the rest of the series supplying nothing but rather dire 'comic' relief. I feel a similar thing is the case with Chad and Inoue. They're just dull characters most of the time.
Rukia is full of awesome though. Ishida is cool too.
Naruto is guilty of the same thing sometimes too, though it's not quite as bad, most of the characters are quite deep. I guess that's one of the main reasons I prefer One Piece; a hell of a lot is put into the development of the characters. You really start to care about them, where as most of the time I couldn't care less about the outcome of some Bleach/Naruto fights.
I still love Naruto and Bleach, I just think they both need to put a bit more effort into developing the characters.

It gets amazing in the Soul Society arc, and then stops being amazing.

Although considering I'm on the filler arc (surprisingly good for filler) it's probably gets better again.

I'm getting fed up of Naruto. I think the anime may as well be dead. It's pulled a total DBZ on us IMO.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Besides Ichigo and Byakuya all the rest of the Bleach characters are kinda crap.
And yeah Naruto has become completely unwatchable now.

Anyone else think the last Bleach anime story arc ended kind of...suddenly...? I thought they were gonna go around and take out all the evil dudes and stuff...

I mean, I know they only went to get Inoue back...but it still felt...half finished... :/

I also feel the strength of the characters is weird. Their strength seems to keep fluctuating...and there\'s always someone that\'s INSANELY strong, and manages to pwn people that were supposed to be insanely strong...it just seems like there\'s no proper sense of scale to the power of the characters. Again, another reason why I prefer One Piece. The strength and growth of the characters is very defined and easy to follow, they never have random \'instant power increases\' that don\'t make much sense. (Other than perhaps Gear 2nd/3rd, but they still make a lot of sense in context).

( Edited 28.05.2008 00:56 by Ikana )

You mean like how in the Soul Society arc, an virgin amateur like Ichigo just comes out of nowhere and takes out all the strongest captains and learns Bankai in no time at all?

Sounds like a Mary-Sue to me.

( Edited 28.05.2008 13:22 by SuperLink )

Yeah that was kinda stupid. Byakuya spent thousands of years training to reach Bankai and then Ichigo comes along and does it in three days. If I was Byakuya i\'d be pretty pissed.Smilie

( Edited 29.05.2008 02:15 by L )

New filler arc for the Bleach anime = ahhhhh. The fact they they ended the Hueco Mondo abruptly made no sense whatsoever.

mOojc said:
New filler arc for the Bleach anime = ahhhhh. The fact they they ended the Hueco Mondo abruptly made no sense whatsoever.

Mm. At least Bleach filler arcs tend to be pretty decent. I'm more sceptical of the new Naruto filler arc... �_�
Thank god for D. Gray-man and One Piece. They'll fulfil my need for quality shonen in the meantime. XD

I take it Pok�mon isn't quality shonen? Smilie

SuperLink said:
I take it Pok�mon isn't quality shonen? Smilie

Well...um....not really... XD Though it is fun to watch. Smilie

ZGOM.

If it had the same animation quality as the original Hare Hare Yukai it'd probably be the best video ever made. Or something.

I want a Smash Bros Anime! There are so many Smash Bros related anime flashes and drawings atm. Lucky Star/Haruhi/Caramelldansen spoofs etc.

XD Oh god, that's bloody brilliant! Smilie

I bought Howl's Moving Castle today going to watch it over the weekend at some point Smilie

It's great, but IMO it's one of his (Miyazaki's) worse films so far. If you havn't seen Laputa yet you should get it, it's fantastic.

Well this will be the first one of his i've seen so.

Recently finished watching Full Metal Panic and FMP Fumoffu. Both were very awesome. Smilie I'll be watching Second Raid soon. Smilie

mOojc said:

Well they havent at all. They dont leave after grabbing inoue it continues on, it gets really awesome. But why on gods earth did they put filler when a nother awesome fight was about to start!! ARGH. Though it is dangerously close to the manga i have to admit, like 30-50 episodes, i know thats almost a year, but it is close. In retrospect naruto is about 2-3 years off.
4kids ruins everybeleive it thing. I just read one piece, and then watch all the good fights.
Ikana said:
Recently finished watching Full Metal Panic and FMP Fumoffu. Both were very awesome. Smilie I'll be watching Second Raid soon. Smilie

Ive seen a few eps of fumoffu, pure genious. WERES THE PINEAPPLE??? Turns round with a shotgun and shoots it ^^ pure comedy!
SuperLink said:
It's great, but IMO it's one of his (Miyazaki's) worse films so far. If you havn't seen Laputa yet you should get it, it's fantastic.

Ive seen most of them. Grave of the firelfies is the most emotional. Ive seen so far:
Howls moving castle
Castle of cagliostro (starring lupin the third)
Spirited away
Princess mononoke
Only yesterday
Porco rosso
My neighbour TOTORO
The cat returns
Nausicaa
Tales from earthsea

Still got a few to go. Miyazaki is a genious, the films are awesome and he aslo manages to incorporate really well animated gloop into his films!

Echoes221 said:
mOojc said:

Well they havent at all. They dont leave after grabbing inoue it continues on, it gets really awesome. But why on gods earth did they put filler when a nother awesome fight was about to start!! ARGH.

Hang on, WHAT?! You mean that arc hasn't actually ended yet, the anime just randomly stuck a filler there? O.o
I don't read the japanese manga...so I did not know this. What an incredibly bizarre thing to do. Smilie

Ikana said:
Echoes221 said:
mOojc said:

Well they havent at all. They dont leave after grabbing inoue it continues on, it gets really awesome. But why on gods earth did they put filler when a nother awesome fight was about to start!! ARGH.

Hang on, WHAT?! You mean that arc hasn't actually ended yet, the anime just randomly stuck a filler there? O.o
I don't read the japanese manga...so I did not know this. What an incredibly bizarre thing to do. Smilie

Yes, that's why I said it ended abruptly. After Ichigo x Grimmjows fight ... it continues with more fights. I was looking forward to the awesome fights later on which I won't spoil for you. All I can say is when the fillers end, Bleach will get MUCH better.

Awesome. Smilie

Listening to Jiraiya's Theme from Naruto ..

Awesomee SmilieSmilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.