Eurovision

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I actually thought we were going to win it out at the beginning, in the end it came down to geopolitics.

I'm so pissed off, the only plus side is that Jedward beat Blue.

My mum's workmate's Cousin (Nikki) was the singer for Azerbaijan, she's a really nice person so I'm glad she won.

I didn't like Blue's song but it was better than some of the countries with political points.

I did sort of want Moldova to win, and I'm surprised Georgia didn't come higher.

( Edited 16.05.2011 19:09 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Birdo Is A Tranny said:
I actually thought we were going to win it out at the beginning, in the end it came down to geopolitics.

I'm so pissed off, the only plus side is that Jedward beat Blue.

I'm glad the eejits didn't win it.

But geopolitics has always been part of the Eurovision. The UK always give us lots of points, and we generally give them a few too. Sure Portugal gave Spain 12 too.

We should just enter this from now on:

I thought the standards were really high this year. Smilie

I thought Blue were okay but it wasn't good enough to win. Jedward's performance was stronger surprisingly. Smilie

Two that didn't like include Finland's which was sooo boring and Italy's. The screeching urgh. Had to hit mute for that performance. Smilie

Overall though, was great. Smilie I particularly liked Denmark, Sweden, Estonia and Spain. Smilie

Angus said:

But geopolitics has always been part of the Eurovision. The UK always give us lots of points, and we generally give them a few too. Sure Portugal gave Spain 12 too.

Oh very true. I couldn't believe Poland only gave us one measly point. You'd think with them abusing our social welfare system that they could fork over a few more points. Fuckers.

Why are people getting so worked up over a pointless song competition? I find it quite bizarre.

Marzy said:
Why are people getting so worked up over a pointless song competition? I find it quite bizarre.

Why do people get worked up over pointless games?
Each to their own.

Birdo Is A Tranny said:

Oh very true. I couldn't believe Poland only gave us one measly point.

Well I thought we'd give the Eastern European countries loads of points because of the ones here voting for their home country. To be honest, that's probably the same reason we always get 12 from the UK.

Marzy said:
I was always thinking exactly the same thing and before Birdo is a Tranny comes again with his comparison to videogames, we play videogames right? If people here were participating in the contest or something then I'd at least understand what all the fuss is about.

SirLink said:
Marzy said:
I was always thinking exactly the same thing and before Birdo is a Tranny comes again with his comparison to videogames, we play videogames right? If people here were participating in the contest or something then I'd at least understand what all the fuss is about.

Fuss? It's hardly a fuss to discuss a very big, multicultural, music contest. People here do have other interests, outside of video games.

You can also tell a lot about what different countries think of each other by the way they vote.

Birdo Is A Tranny said:

You can also tell a lot about what different countries think of each other by the way they vote.

Fair point. That's indeed something interesting to keep an eye on.

Surprisingly, Eurovision is quite popular over here in America between a couple of my friends and I. I just hopped on the bandwagon last year, and I must say that this year was a bit more tame and boring compared to 2010.

That being said, I still like getting a taste of all sorts of different music from different countries, and I will still love Lena with an endless burning passion, despite her 10th place finish. Of all the songs she could have picked off her new album, she picked one of the most bare and generic. But, I still like her singing and will still listen to both her albums in an endless loop on a daily basis. Smilie

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

It's that time again!

It is indeed.
Albania made me want to tear my ears off.

So far, I'm favouring Russia. Everyone else has been a bit dull. Plus they had cookies

( Edited 26.05.2012 20:46 by Lrrr )

Flicking between this, England v Norway and PS3. Caught Cyprus, she was pretty fit, so I'm going with her for now.

The guy who sang blind folded was hot...despite his dodgy dancing. XD

Bartje (guest) 26.05.2012#93

Why are people getting so worked up?

Too much time, too little discipline. A dangerous combination.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.