Last film you watched

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.10.2017
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Just got back from seeing Hanna at cinema. Was good!

( Edited 13.07.2017 18:58 by Guest )

• Welcome to the NHK

saunderscowie said:
Just got back from seeing Hanna at cinema. Was good!

Oooh Its out already? I may see that tomorrow Smilie I downloaded the soundtrack a couple of weeks ago which is really enjoyable. I love the chemical brothers.

Yeah the film was pretty good, I didn't know much about the film apart from basic storyline so I went into the film blind -- but it was good.

Watched I Saw the Devil last night. Pretty good very violent after watching even my body was sore from having to watch all the pain that was inflected!

• Welcome to the NHK

fast and furious 5

Triangle
Really cool psychological horror that was extremely well made considering the budget used to make the film. You think you know exactly what's going on from the first few minutes of watching, but then it completely flips on you and you're all WTF and haven't got a clue. Mindfuck. Highly recommended. I don't really rate movies but if I had to, maybe 9/10. Fans of this genre definitely need to look into it.

Meet the Parents: Little Fockers

Watched with some friends, we found it pretty funny. Kind of a spoiler, but I don't really care. For the first time in the series, Greg and Jack actually come to blows over the whole thing.

I didn't enjoy Little Fockers too much. It was funny in places, but I laughed more at the other 2.

X-Men First Class - 8/10
Messes with continuity, but its awesome so I don't care

POTC 4 - 6/10
An improvement on the last two, but nowhere near the first

Transformers 3 - 5/10
Better than Revenge of the Fallen. Awesome action in the last hour, shame it takes 90 minutes to get there

True Grit - 9/10
I quite enjoyed it. Great acting and well shot.

Scott Pilgrim - 9/10
The film is awesome. And has Zelda music in it.

Primer - 7/10
Low budget time travel film that is confusing as hell. Quite interesting though

X-men Origins: Wolverine - 8/10
Brilliant film with some awesome fight scenes in. Gonna watch X-men first class asap!

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Black Snake Moan

Found this one to be an awesome film. Samuel L is an old bitter religious farmer, and blues guitarist. Yep - just when you think he couldn't possibly get any cooler, you see him in a film playing guitar and singing the blues.

What a man. Absolute fucking hero. Anyway, Christina Ricci is in it as a nymphomaniac. She's incredibly sexy. Got a hard one at a couple points during the film. Had shorts on and was with other people which makes it worse.

Justin Timberlake is in there as Ricci's boyfriend who goes off to be in the army. When he leaves, Ricci's character goes off the rails and does all kinds of drugs and shags loads of men. One rapes her in a car one night and beats the crap out of her. He dumps her in a country lane, and Samuel L finds her the next day.

Due to being highly religious, and at heart a decent bloke, he takes her back to his place to fix her up. I'm not sure as the film never really specifies, but it's implied that the film is a period piece. Not sure on that. Anyway, Sam L doesn't call the cops or anything because he has a history with law trouble, to which he claims innocence, saying he got in trouble "simply for being black and nearby".

Cracking film, and it's got lots of awesome dirty blues.

Robocop-Old movie, and although kinda cheesy it was pretty good. Loved seeing Red Foreman as a gangster.

City of Life and Death

Quite enjoyed it !

• Welcome to the NHK

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2- 8/10

Quite a good film. Still misses bits out though, although most of the key plot points are there.

I watched Rose Red, bit of an oldie, but the movie is scaaary 9/10 best horror all the way (4 hour movie)

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Was good, not as "epic" as I thought it would be - seeing as its the end of the biggest franchise ever.. and the ending was hilarious.

The Social Network

Saw Asda had it on blu ray for £7 so I got it. Love it! Just as good as I remember watching in the cinema.

( Edited 13.07.2017 18:59 by Guest )

• Welcome to the NHK

Harry Potter
5/10, it was terrible, the best bit being the death of snape, can't believe they fucked with the ending sequence as well, was a poor film .

Notorious BIG
8/10 really good, first half is better than the second, but well done.

The Social Network
9/10 Finally got around to seeing it and its brilliant from start to finish, nice complex rival system going on too.

Inception
Third time I've watched it, and was more checking out another theory, that the spinning top isn't Cobb's totem, it is in fact, his wedding ring. When he's dreaming he's wearing it, and when he's awake, he isn't. Still 9/10

Hanna
8/10 Wanted to see it for ages, thought it was a good film and a much better role for Saorise Ronan. Loved the chemical brothers backing track too.

The Fighter
Great Film, skips a load of fights that Micky Ward did in real life, and I don't know why Christian Bale won an Oscar, but it's great to watch. 8/10.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Echoes221 said:

Inception
Third time I've watched it, and was more checking out another theory, that the spinning top isn't Cobb's totem, it is in fact, his wedding ring. When he's dreaming he's wearing it, and when he's awake, he isn't. Still 9/10

I've read that theory, but I don't quite agree with it.

Well that's my interpretation anyway.

Unknown

As a fan of the Bourne films, Unknown fits similarly in between the lines of the same concept. It starts off with a couple go to Berlin for some science summit. Dr Martin Harris played by Liam Neason leaves his brief case at the airport luggage trolly and leaves his wife Elizabeth at a hotel to go back to retrieve the briefcase. On the way back to the airport, the taxi which he plunges into the river. The female driver saves the doc. The accident leaves the Dr in a coma for 4 days and him having a bad case of amnesia. As he starts to remember whats going on, he remembers he left his wife at the Hotel, as he gets there he has no identity to prove he is Dr Martin Harris and things go pear shaped for the Doc. He see's his wife at the science summit with another man but his wife does not recognize the Dr and the other man claims to be Dr Martin Harris. So the story continues as the Doc with amnesia trying to figure what is happening and why his wife does not recognize him and now has people coming after him to kill him. He soon retrieves his briefcase with the help of the female taxi driver and meets with an old who spills the beans. The Doc isnt really Doctor Martin Harris but an assassin to a underground group to kill a Prince and retrieve information on a new technology to grown corn anywhere and in any climate with the help of his accomplice his phony wife.

BREATH!!!

The film ultimately ends with him killing those after him and him starting a new life as different person. Sounds all too familiar? yes it does. It takes bits and pieces out of a Bourne film, the plot, the location, the amnesia, his identity and the female driver who aids him. Overall Unknown is full of action and suspense but there is little to take out of it.

I give this movie a 7.5/10

Harry Potter 7-2

Gotta say, I enjoyed it. It was one of those rare times where I felt that the alterations from the source material were for the better, in the context of the movies that preceded it at least (still prefer the book's ending overall). As with all the others there were some finer plot points missing, but nothing that really left a huge question mark lying over the plotline at least, and the acting was quite decent too. Glad they kept the 'Not My Daughter, You Bitch!' part too. Smilie

4.5 Phoenixes out of 5. Smilie

the acting was quite decent too
Unfortunately not from Daniel Radcliff. I wished they kept the ending sequence the same instead of brushing aside some of the major plot points, would of liked to see Harry's Monologue and the further fall of Voldemort. I disliked the film in general, other than Alan Rickman.

I'd have liked to have seen the Expelliarmus spell bouncing back the Avada kedavra too, but tbh in the context of it being a movie that scene would have felt kinda cheap and too quick. Movie wasn't perfect, but I still enjoyed it enough.

Plus it's an instant 4 stars just for Emma's cleavage shot alone. Smilie

( Edited 13.07.2017 19:00 by Guest )

127 Hours Was fairly good

• Welcome to the NHK

Whatever Works Woody Allen and Larry David, a perfect match? ..Not quite this time. I really like these two but the film fell just a little short of my expectations. I did enjoy it though, very easy watch.

Halo Legends I liked the first two short films, however the rest fell alittle short. Especially the "Odd One Out" that was lame haha. There were some good ones though. I'd like to see a proper feature length 90-120 minute long Halo animation film that would be really cool if done well.

Memories of Murder Enjoyed this one, I love Korean movies in this genre can't get enough of them!

Whisper of the Heart First time watching this Ghibli one. I really liked it, I like simple "following the life" of films like this.

Grave of the Fireflies First time watching this one also, very good powerful film. That little girl was so cute.

• Welcome to the NHK

Source Code 7/10
Was a good film although I'm confused:

Limitless 9/10
Brilliant film, I liked how the colouring changed so you could tell when he was on the pill and when he wasn't, and it points a lot out towards the misuse of drugs.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 9/10
Watched this for the 5th time ever and it's still as good as ever.

Showdown in Little Tokyo 6/10
90's action Movie with Brandon Lee and Dolph Lundgren, pretty funny, but I don't think the funny bits were intentional, plus it has some bad scripting and acting, but all in all it was entertaining. Worth watching I guess.

Oh yeah, and

X-Men First Class 8/10
This was really awesome, I liked the story and thought that went into the background of the mutants, it sort of leaves room for a sequel (in the same period of time).

Akira (anime film): 10/10
Flipping awesome film, post apocalyptic Neo-Tokyo in a view from the 80's. The English Dub is pretty good, and the storyline kept me going, definitely worth watching.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Jurassic Park
Had the chance to see this on the big screen, being too young to have done so when it first released. Still awesome as ever, the effects from nearly 20 years ago have aged incredibly well, and the atmosphere the sound creates is incredible.

The two sequels didn't capture what made the first one so good

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
K-Pop Korner - The Best of Korean Music
Site Feed
Who's Online?
oroblram

There are 1 members online at the moment.