Would you buy Taiko no Tatsujin if released in the West?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

With a lot of games designed for certain regions it's often hard to see its appeal in other territories and with the case of Taiko no Tatsujin (DS) it's something fans have wanted but may still need some convincing to bring it over.

It's a superb little game that'll see you pounding away at your pocket pal to some toe-tapping beats. What we'd like to know is would you be interested in buying the game if it were translated and brought over? If so, would you like to see it brought over purely as a port or should there be some Western tunes added into the mix?

We'll be forwarding the results off this poll onto Bandai Namco so please add any feedback and comments below.

For more information on the game please check out our exclusive interview with the team and the official Japanese website.

A couple of trailers:

The sequel:

Thanks Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I'd buy it just for the stylus's, and it looks really fun. I like the japanese music.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I WANT IT!!!!

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Whose the douche who voted for western songs >:{ Need I remind you of the song list for the American PS2 version of Taiko Drum Master. Doy ou really want to drum to the song Toxic? (If you just answered yes go kill yourself)

I voted for western songs.

I already own both of the Japanese DS Taiko games, as well as the PSP ones and some of the PS2 ones. I wouldn\'t want to buy a game I already have, so I\'d like to see some american stuff, or at the very least, content from the arcade games that hasn\'t been used yet.

( Edited 23.07.2008 05:29 by mydjsobad )

As an owner of TnT Portable 1 + 2, Taiko DS 1 + 2, Taiko Drum Master US, and TnT 7 CS, I need something a bit more to justify the purchase of the same game translated in English.

Western songs would do it, as well as an adjusted anime section of the list. Either way, I just don't want a translated game. Give the game a little something to make the importers buy domestic.

I think it would be acceptable if at least some authentic traditional taiko songs in fair proportion were included to balance out any Western songs that are inserted into a North American release.

I voted YES to including the Japanese songs. I own Taiko 1 and 2 for the DS, and personally found them to have a very fun songlist.

However, I would not mind a mixture of both Japanese and Western songs, as long as it is balanced out.

After seeing what came out on the english version of the PS2 Taiko, I really hope we don\'t see more western covers of already bad songs... I\'ve loved every japanese release of taiko including arcade, ps2, and ds. Please keep the japanese songlists intact.

( Edited 23.07.2008 08:49 by WiLLiSTER )

Sure why not, looks fun. I'll vote for Yes, Japanese songs, but the chances of that happening are remote. Smilie

I probably wouldn't buy it, but a couple of my friends love it to death.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Voted Yes. Why not? Looks and sounds awesome, definitely want to get it a go - even if it's just the Japanese version.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Guest 23.07.2008#13

Hmm, six new members who all registered today just to post their first post in this thread after each other.

Very unique, I must say...

Why not have one with the majority of the songs being the original Japanese and a few ACTUALLY GOOD western songs?

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Bart.... said:
Hmm, six new members who all registered today just to post their first post in this thread after each other.

Very unique, I must say...

I think we all came from Bemanistyle.

Hello, guys. First time posting, but I REALLY had to say something about this.

First of all, the Taiko Drum Master song list, comparatively, is actually much better than previous US ports, even Donkey Konga. Sure, you can hate on Britney Spears all you want, but a lot of the songs are really good, especially Tubthumping and Are You Gonna Be My Girl. Granted, the one thing I didn't like about the US release was the fact that they completely skipped the Oni charts for the US exclusive songs. They remedied this in the Japanese release of the US version, and I have to say that the charts are REALLY fun for some of the US songs.

As for future releases of Taiko in the US, I say that they SHOULD do some western songs in there to replace some songs that they probably cannot get a license to bring over, but definitely at least something to provide to those who have already imported the games such as myself. If it was a straight port, I'd only buy it to support Bandai Namco, but I wouldn't play it since I have already spent so many hours on the DS version, not to mention my records and things I've aquired already. If anything, I'd buy copies of the games as gifts to other friends who haven't imported the DS games. But if they include new songs, then I'd definitely purchase a game for myself. There's some good, catchy songs out there on the radio that I'd love to tap to on my DS.

Oh, and one other thing, September was in the Japanese release of Taiko Drum Master, which also appeared later on in Elite Beat Agents. Smilie

Thank you, Bandai Namco, for providing us such wonderful games like Taiko, and I am glad that you are considernig releasing them in the US/EU. Being a moderator for a TnT forum in Bemanistyle, this has been a long time coming. Smilie

"Gentlemen, it is a nuclear device."

Does anyone think these new users are actually spies from Namco-Bandai trying to hear our opinion in secret and i'm revealing their plan?

I highly doubt that since the goal of this is so Bandai Namco RECEIVES information, not generate it themselves. Smilie

Also, a quick cross reference between here and Bemanistyle will show you who actually came from over there. The reason we came over here was because someone placed a news post about this poll from the Bemanistyle front page, so that explains that.

"Gentlemen, it is a nuclear device."

PK Mongoose said:
Does anyone think these new users are actually spies from Namco-Bandai trying to hear our opinion in secret and i'm revealing their plan?

Considering they asked for it I doubt they'd need to do it in secret. Smilie

Yes, definitely would buy it - I love all music games and the only reason I've not imported this one is because I didn't have the money at the time. I get paid on Monday, though, maybe it's time for a trip to Play-Asia while I wait for Rhythm Tengoku Gold...

give me the game in english with the japanese songs and I would buy it on day one.

THE INVASION OF THE SMALL ROUND ORANGE ALARM CLOCK TYPE THINGS WHO ARE SPIES FROM BANDAI-NAMCO

Sounds like a good 50's b-movie.

Most likely I would.

please please PLEASE bring this game over to the us, ive already had to spend a wad of money to import the taiko games for the ps2 and i have both of the ds versions and taiko drum master for the ps2, im a big taiko no tatsujin fan and OMG i would be soooo happy!!! wireless tatacon! that would be soo cool

Just bring the game over here with everything intact and I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Perhaps a witty signature will make people want to be my friends.

Wehay! If only, there was an option to play a full drumkit!

Onwards, TO NOWHERE! Proud owner of Farming Simulator 2013.

Really hope they bring the DS game over with the Japanese soundtrack, but also some new content to appease those that have already imported!

Come on BanNam, you disappointed a lot of readers by not releasing Tales of Innocence. Don't let your Western fans down again by ignoring Taiko DS!

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.